Ok so, how does one bootstrap that 'mathematical maturity' meme shit into existence...

Ok so, how does one bootstrap that 'mathematical maturity' meme shit into existence? I'm struggling hard core and the program coordinator said i should drop out of CS if i can't handle le maths.

Other urls found in this thread:

maths.manchester.ac.uk/~nige/IMRpartI.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do math.

Thanks user for the sagely advice

>how does one bootstrap that 'mathematical maturity' meme shit into existence?
Get out. I don't know where you came from, but get out and stay out.

This thread is about serious replies only. Teach me how to pepper my anus for this adventure. real analysisfags, tell me how you lost your analysis virginity and finally got it.

wtf does that even mean, especially coming from a board that passes around copies of how to prove it.

God damn it OP, literally just do math.

Mathematical maturity means that how much you are learning about math, since you are practically mathematically more inmadure at 1st grade than 11th grade, OP.

Go practice a lot now, read the fucking book you're using right now and learn more and stop being lazy and posting here.

So you are telling me books on how to learn math is a waste of time? Because if you are, thanks. I'll stop.

>CS

I'm so sorry.

who says women can't look hot in their 30's

Well, by books on "how to learn math" per say aren't a waste on time when it comes to precalc and under, shit like GED etc.

But you only need to read the books your university is asking you to bring, since those are the books you are supposed to be learning from.
Learning other books related on what you're learning isn't bad, as long they're still university books.

Also you're in CS, you are obviously going to do a fuckton of math, EVERYWHERE because it's applied pure math.
So you should either drop it and switch to something like IT or CIS if you like programming but hate math or switch to other shit.

I think you can do it OP, don't lose hope but get your shit together, do the excercises again and again and if you can, create more problems so you can do practice.

Have a nice /g/ pic as well.

Spivak?

I am not going to devalue math. I know what I am trying to learn is fundamental to me getting where I want to go. I know from my bad understanding of turing machines how important that is as a concept, and how graphs can exhibit local structures but not necessarily more general structures. I know how both have huge implications in creating code.

The issue I have is I legit do not understand what proofs are. Ugh, the best I can do is reproduce what was shown in tutorial. It's like cycling with training wheels, or repeating a meme-response instead of a thought out one. that's more accurate of a descriptor of what's up.

my school also doesn't offer an IT or CIS option. It's CS or nothing.

>Spivak?
Anything

>The issue I have is I legit do not understand what proofs are.
OOOOH
They're preparing your ass for graduate school senpai, y'know how graduate CS is practically pure math so, you gotta learn this for that and because CS uses a fuckton of logic, see lambda calculus for example.

Shit, I just forgot where you can learn proofs.
But anyway, if you did your classes like all of the calc ones + linear algebra, you could get pic related, since that's what CS from UCSD is learning.

Also there is that cheap book in the amazon recs, "The Book of Proof" as well, but dunno how it is.

I think that's all the /adv/ I can give you senpai, I don't think the Veeky Forums mathfags will help you because of your pick on major.
After all I'm more of an advisor than a mathfag.

kek

Dude's high as fuck, dunno what he smoke that he thinks the woman in OP's pic is in her 30's.

>I think that's all the /adv/ I can give you senpai, I don't think the Veeky Forums mathfags will help you because of your pick on major.

i know you fags hate the meme degree, but yes my school CS program is geared towards graduate school, all streams.

Well I don't, but that's all I can help you man.

Also I'm trying to torrent that book from the pic related I posted, cunts aren't seeding me.

maths.manchester.ac.uk/~nige/IMRpartI.pdf

Axler or Hoffman and Kunze's linear algebra. Read their proofs and work some problems. You now have enough mathematical maturity for the rest of CS unless you decide to learn some category theory or type theory later.

They only got the first 3 parts, trying to get the whole book ayy.

Pick up discrete math (epp) and do all the practice problems with solutions.

I recommend Rosen + student solution manual as well.

If you do this and don't give up you'll develop math maturity and be better than 99% of your classmates.

Epp is literally one of the best and easiest "first book to proofs maths" I've seen.

I would rank Rosen a bit more rigorous and it's good for additional rigor and problem sets.

Only way you are gonna get better is. Y struggling and struggling a lot