He thinks caring for and using cast iron is difficult

>he thinks caring for and using cast iron is difficult
>he has an electric stove

How does it feel to be a wimpy excuse for a man?

No shit op. Cast iron and gas is 101. Beta fags get on our level

T. got the girl and happily married.

I rent so I really can't fuck with my stove or swap out to gas. However I have several cast iron pans including a dutch oven and others.

The majority of Veeky Forums is female (and uses gas)

>parents bought new stove
>been wanting gas range for years
>go visit their place to see their new stove and have the first dinner cooked on it

>they got one of those shitty induction cooktops instead that only works with certain pans, and only pans with totally 100% flat bottoms

>[citation needed]

I rent so I have no control over the stove.

>when your room mate puts great granmamas cast iron skillet on your electric stove and turns that dual burner on HI.

Fuck you Steven. I fucking hate you.

>[citation needed]
"The majority of Veeky Forums is female" - reliable source

>having warped pans

How do people like you breathe? Do you heat put your spoon in the microwave with soup as well?

My mom is a realtor and one family who bought/custom built a house with her actually requested one of those things. Infuriating. It was funny when I learned the wife had to throw out all her pans and buy new ones. Then it was infuriating again because she had some REALLY fucking nice cookware.

Induction plates are kind of fucking baller though. Higher heat than anything else and better efficiency. I guess I'd miss some shit from gas though, I like flipping shit and lifting tye pan to control heat but induction is all or nothing
The best pan materials all work on induction

wok are you getting at?

I have a portable induction cooktop that I use a lot. Apart from the fact that it is a cheap ass POS with poor heat control in the low range (for simmering/sauces/puddings) it works great. i can also sear steaks and fry potatoes outside on my balcony so I don't have to smoke and stink up my apartment.

Apart from the fact that he apparently used a really nice pice or cookware of yours without permission I don't get what is so terrible about that. Electric stoves don't damage cast iron pans. I use my carbon steel and cast iron pans on both my glass ceramic stove and my induction cooktop without any problems.

>and only pans with totally 100% flat bottoms
That is not true. The detrimental effect of a warped bottom is much worse when you use the pans on conventional stoves (glass ceramic, coils and iron heaters). Induction barely notices the tiny gap.

I have an electric and use cast iron.
Other than the stove being like 20 fucking years old and the coils sitting crooked like every other electric I've ever used, it works fine.
>muh temperature control!
If you need quick temperature changes, use two burners.

I've got a shitty electric stove as well, but it's not the kit as much as the cook, is it?

Induction uses FUCKING MAGNETS to heat the pan from the inside out. They don't need to be flat.

Also if you have halfway decent cookware it will probably work. I got an induction hotplate and everything of mine works on it except for my shitty double steamer which is a single thin piece of metal and the pressure cooker that is like 70 years old.

>He rates his masculinity on the basis of his cooking utensils and heating source.

Get her in the kitchen and have a beer faggot.

Electric elements generate heat at a much higher tempature at a much faster rate than gas, this means the cast iron will warp, which means it won't cook evenly and fucking slides around the goddamn stove when you try stirring shit.

>electric gets hotter than gas, faster than gas
Are you fucking high?