How do you take your coffee? Im trying to spice up my coffee beyond a black dark roast

How do you take your coffee? Im trying to spice up my coffee beyond a black dark roast

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/African-Coffee-Sampler-Whole-Bean/dp/B00KC19VOS/ref=sr_1_23_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1492395225&sr=8-23&keywords=coffee+bean+sampler&th=1
express.co.uk/life-style/life/631802/Is-the-world-running-out-of-coffee-beans
huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/13/food-water-footprint_n_5952862.html
coffeelands.crs.org/2012/08/293-coffee-and-water-resources-at-origin/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter_tea
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masala_chai
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you like it dark/black there's not much you can do, besides switching up the blend a little

I'll sometimes add pumpkin spice to the grounds.

medium/light roast is more interesting desu

you should get a medium roast so you can taste it. or put fernet in there, that's what I'm doing this week

this
dark roast is incredibly bland

t. seasoned coffee addict

Up the ass.

So how would you guys take it if I switch to medium roast?

The lighter the roast the more caffeine it has. Dark roast fags don't know jack shit. Espresso is the exception since it's basically dark roast concentrate.

Dark roast is an after dinner coffee. Like to medium roast is a "I NEED TO WAKE THE FUCK UP COFFEE"

I like to put a bunch of booze in it while I read emails and get prepped for morning calls

You must hate your life.

Try adding heroin, gives it a real kick.

If the idea appeals to you, you can add some ground cinnamon into your coffee grounds. This idea works best in a drip maker with a paper filter but you can french press or whatever else as well, you'll just get the actual pieces of cinnamon in your coffee which are of course edible.

I've toyed with the idea of a "masala coffee," using all the spices of a normal masala chai and adding them to my coffee grounds before brewing, but I'd be nervous to ruin a pot of coffee that way if it turned out poorly.

Try different roasts as well, or blend two roasts you like together. When I'm feeling flavored coffee, I like to blend Meijer's "toasted almond" and "Michigan cherry" flavors. Otherwise a secondary favorite is Ethiopian yirgacheffe and Guatemalan antiguan together.

DUDES I'M A SELF LOATHING ALCOHOLIC PITY ME!

Add a little root beer.

My life is awesome and completely EZ mode. I just happen to like Irish coffee when I have coffee at all

Try coffee enemas.

I have been getting into coffee. Can anyone recommend me a sampler pack of beans from Amazon? I won a giftcard from work I want to use.

if you don't redirect this post five times to another board a ghost will kill you in your sleep

Also I was thinking of this: amazon.com/African-Coffee-Sampler-Whole-Bean/dp/B00KC19VOS/ref=sr_1_23_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1492395225&sr=8-23&keywords=coffee+bean+sampler&th=1

Good or bad idea?

5 days ago I run of coffee beans and even tho I was in 3 different stores in last 4 days and I was close to the roasting house I did not buy any more coffee beans,
and you know what?
>I'm doing just fucking fine.
>coffee is just fucking such a nuisance, not worth it of your money, and your wellbeing by drinking this piss producing and teeth yellowing shit.

5 days ago I run out of coffee beans and even tho I was in 3 different stores in last 4 days and I was close to the roasting house I did not buy any more coffee beans,
and you know what?
>I'm doing just fucking fine.
>coffee is just fucking such a nuisance,
>not worth it of your money, and your wellbeing by drinking this piss producing and teeth yellowing shit.

GET IN HERE FAGGOTS

The end of lattes: Is the world running out of coffee beans?
express.co.uk/life-style/life/631802/Is-the-world-running-out-of-coffee-beans

Read this and FUCK OFF for ever.
Coffee is almost dead.
Just think how much of the rain forest was destroyed to grow this useless shit.
Human body can perfectly function without ever drinking this coffee crap.

Damn son, you mad as hell.

>you mad as hell.
yes, all the rain forest gone so you can have you stupid drink in the morning

>yes, all the rain forest gone so you can have you stupid drink in the morning

burn rainforest so assholes can drink cup of coffee

>can't even into basic economics
lol
>he thinks the rainforest is being cut down to grow coffee and not wheat
wew lad

yes coffee grows in the cloud you doorknob

thats not even a sensical statement
you should learn how to speak english, third worlder

I guess you are too dumb to grasp the context you stupid fat burger

what context? coffee doesn't grow in clouds so no matter how you cut it your statement doesn't make sense

Coffee production uses lots of water, MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF WATER.

This Is How Much Water It Takes To Make Your Favorite Foods.
huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/13/food-water-footprint_n_5952862.html

All data come from Water Footprint Network’s website and reports on the global average water footprint of different foods.
All winners are based on the gallons of water needed to produce a pound of each item or a gallon of each drink.

Winner: Tea is the winner at 108 gallons of water per gallon of brewed tea.
Coffee requires almost 10 times as much water, using 1,056 gallons of water per gallon of brewed coffee.

MAYBE READ AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND THE POST I WAS RESPONDING TO YOU DUMBASS

i made the post you responded to you dumb third worlder, of course i understand it

from the Blog:293
Coffee And Water Resources At Origin.
coffeelands.crs.org/2012/08/293-coffee-and-water-resources-at-origin/

I am writing this month about a coffee-water paradox in the coffeelands that I think has at least three dimensions.
The first one is this: coffee farming may represent the leading (licit) livelihood option for farmers in the highlands,
but it is a drain on scarce water resources and a leading source of water contamination for everyone living downstream from them.

What we think.
Coffee milling constitutes a threat to water security in Central America in two ways.
First, it can be a drain on “blue water” reserves in water-constrained communities.
Second, the wastewater that is often released untreated into local waterways is a significant source of contamination of surface water on which millions of people in coffee-growing watersheds depend.
About the wet-milling process.
Most specialty coffees are washed Arabicas.
The term “washed” here refers to a wet-milling process that can use enormous volumes of water and release harmful contaminants into the local water supply.

Water use.
The traditional wet-milling process begins when the pulp is removed from freshly harvested coffee cherry.
The cherry is poured into a funnel that leads to a depulper, where it caught between the depulper’s outer casement and a cylindrical grate, removing the outer skin, or pulp.
This leaves the seeds, or coffee beans, covered in sticky, gelatinous mucilage.
The mucilage is then removed from the bean through a fermentation process that can last anywhere from 12 to 36 hours or more depending on local conditions and practices.

Yak-Butter Coffee
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter_tea

or...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masala_chai
replace tea with coffee

but i just drink mine black no sugar desu
DO IT!

the more awful your coffee tastes, the better it is and the more mature you are. don't add anything to your coffee, if you want, eat a cookie or strudel with it.

so that shows that you are not that bright if you don't understand the context of my post
>or maybe you don't understand the meaning of word 'context'. kek
>we have retard here, village idiot

>third worlder still trying to pretend he knows english
cute, but shouldn't you be busy working your 16 hour shift for 2 pesos, Pedro?

Damn, you are seriously mad. Calm down dude.

>but i just drink mine black no sugar desu
>DO IT!
if you are poor fuck face of course you don't have money to buy cream or sugar and you are forced to drink it black like some poor fucker in third world shithole. kek

add massive waste of crystal clear water to this shit called coffeeWhere does the water use come in?
One traditional method of depulping involves running a continuous stream of water through the depulper as it is operating, sometimes for hours at a time.
Then following fermentation, the coffee is washed to remove the mucilage, a process that can require enormous volumes of water.

Some wet-milling processes use up to 1200 liters of water or more for each hundred-weight bag of coffee cherry, which may produce as little as 16 pounds of export-ready green coffee.
For a single container of coffee, this translates into more than a quarter-million liters of water.
The wastewater from the wet milling process is one of the leading contaminants of local water sources in coffee-growing communities.
The mucilage is so loaded with sugars and pectin that the viscous wastewater is referred to in Spanish as “agua miel,” or “honey water.”

The sugars and pectin in the water are fermenting into acetic acid when they are released into local waterways, where they can only be broken down by oxygen in the water.
But the amount of oxygen needed to break down pollutants in the wastewater – referred to as biological oxygen demand, or BOD – is so high that it exceeds the natural ability of rivers and streams to purify the coffee wastewater effluents.
The net result is an anaerobic effect that threatens marine life and fosters the production of bacteria harmful to human health.

Coffee wastewater also releases methane into the atmosphere as it evaporates, contributing to climate change.
What we know.
Many coffee mills use outdated technology that is water-intensive: they are using more water than they need to.
About 90 percent of surface water in Central America is contaminated.Most coffee wastewater in the region goes untreated.
Coffee wastewater contributes to surface water contamination throughout coffee-growing watersheds in Central America.

why your white girls love us dark skinned boys, I guess we give them orgasms much better than you can you fat burger cucks

What other foods get you this angry? Do you like bananas?

coffee that you naive idiots will pay $500/lb that come from the ass of a rat makes me laugh how stupid many of you burgers coffee aficionados are.
it shows how stupid you people are, paying 1/2K for a pound of coffee beans mixed with rat's shit.lol

this very expensive coffee is best served warm just straight from rats ass. KEK

Caffeine is a crutch for the withered soul

well where do you suppose I buy my beans, mister?

Top Fucking Kek at those filenames famalamadingdong xD

WTF I'm vegan now XD

CARDAMOM
A
R
D
A
M
O
M

>2 tsps of ground w/e coffee
>hot water
done

Came here to post this

>strudel
Sorry I'm not a massive dong whiffing faggot

Why is it that i've never seen a thread dedicated to coffee without it turning into a huge mess?

what do you mean by mess.
can you point to any examples please

You can put a small amount of powdered cinnamon in, that works really well with black coffee.

>Why is it that i've never seen a thread dedicated to coffee without it turning into a huge mess?
Maybe because there is so much rotten dishonest health hazards and devastating environmental issues being hidden by the BIG COFFEE INDUSTRY and by most of your local coffee roasters Including the "internet" roasters/sellers who push their crap on this board as well.

Are you referring to this as you called 'mess' when someone presents scientific facts about coffee, like for example about cancer causing effects when drinking dark roasted coffee.
Most people do know why some green coffee beans are roasted to the DARK level. Reason is that those green coffee beans are of so low shitty quality that if they were roasted to medium roast level they would taste like saw-dust from the wood shop,
they don't have any flavor in them because they are of so low quality, but roasting actually by burning charring them to the DARK roast level dishonest but cleaver marketing slimy businessmen created this false perception
that DARK ROAST COFFEE is cool thing to consume but they omitted to inform you that DARK ROASTED COFFEE
is very cancer causing, because everything that was alive inside of that green coffee bean was killed with excessive high heat and now same as all other food that is charred bunt
is cancer causing, like meat, bread, potatoes and so on.

But for some reason coffee industry managed to hide this scientific medical fact from it's consumers and is marketing DARK ROAST COFFEE as a very 'hip' thing to drink,
hiding the fact that this is a very inferior coffee that should be sold at 1/2 or even at 1/3 of it's regular full price, yet they are charging you full price for it not only selling you very inferior product
but product that is carcinogenic because it was charred burnt in DARK ROASTING process.

1tbsn brown sugar
Splash of whole milk
wa
la

Good taste. I like brown sugar in coffee too my friend

I enjoy cocoanut sugar with my coffee last few months

>autism
Fuck dark roast though

Also - how the fuck do you brew a coffee in the first place? What tools do I need?

I always brew coffee in the second place so I don't need many tools

Don't reply to mycotoxinfag, just report + hide

So how do you actually make it? I imagine boil some water, chuck some coffee beans in a pestle & mortar, grind 'em up, stir them in the water? Is that it?

>being such a butthurt spic you waste your life trying to get people to stop drinking coffee on an anonymous shitpost forum instead of going out and actually trying to prevent deforestation in his shitty third world country with corrupt politics and cartels

Nothing worse than the retard with the environmental chip on his shoulder as his nation burns. It's sad.

Bring water to boil, take off of stove, put the ground coffee into the water, stir, return to stove for a moment, stir, done ( about 1teaspoon of coffee for a small cup )