Is calculus I taught in high school or at university in the US?

Is calculus I taught in high school or at university in the US?

High-school math can go up to multivariable and LA

In my high school it was optional to either stop at basic algebra or go up to integral calculus of one variable

I know Texas will be teaching calculus in highschool pretty soon. Not sure about the other degenerates, though. They also won't be offering remedial maths to save money.

Both, but high school normally teaches you how to do it, while university teaches you why it works and how to prove it.

My high school let you take video lectures on vector calculus if your math ability was too far ahead of the average high school class.

Yes.

High school through AP or IB

Highschool

High school, but of course it's meme engineer calculus. Doesn't get rigorous until college.

I HS I "saw" both calc 1 and 2. However, my calculus courses in college are much more rigorous and complicated. Tbh, I had to relearn it.

It depends on the school and the level of intelligence of the student. My school allowed me to take Calc 1 and 2 in high school, but in theory you could still graduate having taken nothing higher than precal.

Most commonly I think high schools offer calulus 1&2. At my school there was AP calc, and there was an AP exam they had to take at the end. I never heard of anyone taking beyond that in high school though

Your image is not seen anywhere before university.

Yes it is. That's one of the first things you learn about integrals. If you didn't, thn I'm sorry you had a bad teacher

the pics wrong though.

Why?

Calculus I and II (AP Calc AB/BC) are taught in highschool, but they are not required to graduate, so some people stop before that.

you cant just take the sum over some delta x it fails for some functions, you need to define a partition
[eqn]a=x_{0}

I fucked up the notation, but you get the idea.

That's called darboux sums which is an equivalent definition of Riemann sums which is what's exposed on the OP.

In Canada it is taught in HS to smart kids.

America has too many niggers and spics to bother teaching it. Those subhuman animals can't hack basic algebra.

a Riemann sum doesnt have n go to infinity, if you mean Riemann integral its not that either, for that you still need to take a limit over all partitions.

I go to a private school where they teach a proof-based multivariable course. If there are students who take that junior year they either self-study, or, if there are enough students, there's a dif eqns and linear alg course

public high school that is decently funded : up to CALC BC

shitty tier HS near nigger-cities: up to pre calc

>tfw living in a latin american shithole
>passed all precalc only because I went to a privileged public school
>the average HS graduate here barely knows fractions
>currently taking Calc 2 at Uni and everyone acts like it's some impossible shit

Yes, it's plug and play

Not over all particions but over the norm of the particions. Its abuse of notation, but the idea is clear, and for many canonical particions its suficient just taking n tend to infinity.

what Provence you in? in Ontario some high schools do basic integrals and others do vectors and linear systems with matrices. but the usual is no more than basic differentiation.

Fuck you.