BPD

Veeky Forums, is BPD really curable? Like, does the underlaying mental wibbly-wobbly-ness ever go away?
Or can you just learn to surpress the outbursts?

Can an user with experience in CBT help me out here? I´d really like to see a silver lining today.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQCfQy9Yg2y8fi5cI8HYUUct
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQAhrMCQUa6sde_Y9DVbLYRv
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQAOhH1CLMNnMl2R-O1abW1T
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQApSdW8X71Ihe34eKN6XhCi
youtube.com/watch?v=RoGdMpdZXzs
youtube.com/watch?v=_dPvsqTvLNw
bpdtransformation.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I believe so, but only in rare cases where the person has something akin to a religious experience or spiritual enlightenment.

Such can truly be a strong experience that will reset the brain in a certain way.

But OP, do you suffer from BPD or someone you know? To be fair this is not the first place to go to for advice.

But CBT works if you are dedicated, slowly, but it does.

>But OP, do you suffer from BPD or someone you know?
I do. The aggressive kind though, not the one where you have meaningless drug-fueled sex every day.
It´s really not very pretty, being paired with years of loneliness (plus the resulting lack of social skills) and my troubled childhood.

And I come here, because my therapist is a moron fresh out of college, who doesn´t know shit. And me being the lonely weirdo, I have only you guys to ask.

Just moments ago I had a very dear friend to me cut me off because of a combination of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, accused me of lying, being fake etc. Has happened before but never to this extend.
Problem is he doesn't seek treatment, does not want treatment.

It is good that you seek help I know how difficult it is to be on the receiving, can't imagine being on the dealing end and after the fact realizing what you did.

Have you got any close friends you can talk to about it? Do you have friends that stick around and forgive you after an outburst?

just realised BPD is not bipolar disorder, whats the difference? arent there a lot of similar symptoms.

>ny close friends you can talk to about it? Do you have friends that stick around and forgive you after an outburst?
Family, no friends. But my mom has depression herself, my big bro is all about that "man up and shut your mouth" stuff, my little bro is a total normie and my father is living in another city and I fucking hate him. I can´t make friends; mates, maybe, but not real friends.

>just realised BPD is not bipolar disorder, whats the difference? arent there a lot of similar symptoms.
Don´t ask me, ask Wikipedia. It´s complicated, but bipolar is mostly chemical, while borderline is trained.

And yes, I know that I´m a really shitty person. I just want it all to stop.

Never had a deep conversation with someone about life, about why you act the way you do, or such things?

Yes, of course, many with my mother. Still doesn´t change anything and I get tired of repeating the same topics over and over again.
You´re living in a circle, it´s always the same shit, regardeless. I smile when it rains and cry when the sun shines, I am angry when someone hugs me and am happy when I can hurt someone. It´s all wrong and fake and real and authentic and (doesn´t) make(s) sense, and it never ends.

But hey, atleast I´m not a fucking normalfag, that´s something.

I used to not like philosophizing, as you say repeating the same things over and over, never reaching a conclusion. Then I started reading about the works of other people, I slowly came to peace with the fact there is nothing to reach, no answer, no meaning to life.

Now I never was diagnosed with mental problems but I myself am a social shut-in, no close friends my whole life until this person that just cut me off I talked about in previous post. My whole life I drudged through school, university, and now I've been sitting at home for the last 2 years not having the slightest drive to finish university. I just feel nothing for it. Only this last year I've come to peace with this, I used to feel the slightest urge to do something with my life but now I am content with sitting in my room.

The only thing I seem to care about is people on the internet, I want to hear their stories and maybe I can be of use somehow but I don't want to be a preacher.

Anyways, does anyone know about chemicals that stop this shit?

I thought about LSD, but that might be too dangerous.

LSD may work, but it won't be like pop it and be done with it. There definitely are signs it can induce something akin to a spiritual experience which can help you greatly but I don't think there are any proper studies done.

You age out of personality disorders. This isn't very useful or comforting, but it's very true. Few people with a PD would still be clinical by the time they hit ~40

Any kind of psychedelic could have personality changing effects in theory but the evidence for how to use them for this and how effective they actually are just doesn't exist unfortunately. You can thank the insane ban on testing illegal drugs for that.

Exactly, it is just a big gamble.

As a note, while you could get better from doing this, you could also do irreparable damage to your alright fragile mind and psyche. Tread lightly with this stuff.

Already not alright

This is true for some personality disorders, not all of them. An autist is still an autist, be him 10 or 70.

OP the real truth is sadly no pill will magically solve everything. Now I have no knowledge on CBT but I do know it can be effective for treating certain kinds of mental problems.

Other than that, don't forget the space cowboys on this site. I believe the best thing you could do is just talk to people about whatever is bothering you. That and good nutrition and sleep.

Bullshit. You probably really did do something shitty to him, but it's just more convenient for you to blame him and pawn off any problem in your relationship on his 'mental illness'. You are literally the worst kind of person and you should die.

Now thats something you should work on OP, dont assume the worst.

Especially about something you know NOTHING of.

Literally just don't kill yourself and by your late 30s and 40s you won't be pathological.

That's actually what the clinical literature says.

BPD is just neurotic attention whores who actually are at risk for suicide.

it might not be able to be cured 100% in every case, but the fact that you're WANTING to overcome it puts you at a great advantage, compared to the people suffering from BPD who either ignore or refuse help. CBT will help. Psychedelics in a controlled environment, taken while in the proper mindset, in the proper setting, with a person you trust as your sitter and guide, will greatly accelerate the recovery process. If you decide to go with psychedelics then having a sitter who is well versed with the psychedelic experience is a must. This can bring you to the religious experience or spiritual enlightenment that refers to.

Here's a 10 minute speech from a personality psychologist explaining the psychedelic experience and its effects on the brain.

and here are 4 years of lectures on personality psychology from that same professor.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQCfQy9Yg2y8fi5cI8HYUUct
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQAhrMCQUa6sde_Y9DVbLYRv
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQAOhH1CLMNnMl2R-O1abW1T
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQApSdW8X71Ihe34eKN6XhCi

You can educate yourself, and in the process learn about yourself, learn about others, and learn about the relationships between them. Anything that gives you insight into your own inner workings will help you. This is true for anyone. The lectures are therapeutic in their own way, as an added benefit. Later in those playlists, 14 videos or so in, things get pretty heavy so if you don't have a year's worth of psychology under your belt then it might be too much to digest. But everything up until that point should help you.

You might also want to look into his Self-Authoring program. youtube.com/watch?v=RoGdMpdZXzs One aspect of that, the Future Authoring, is free for a limited time. Use the promo code "PEPE" at checkout. But the Future-Authoring is just one facet of the entire program.

fucked that up. here's the link to the 10 minute talk about the psychedelic experience youtube.com/watch?v=_dPvsqTvLNw

Huh, who would have thought that stuff like this is so complicated and complex. Human neurology truly is amazing.

Thx man, I´ll look into it. I´m better atm, so no depressing thoughts now. Sorry for bothering you guys.

read BPD transformation, it has some good stuff. Apparently,statistically speaking it is very likely to recover, yet everyone thinks they are lost cases.

Treatment =! getting rid of it, unfortunately.
Also
>good nutrition and sleep
Do you know where you are?

Got a link?

DBT is a better therapy form for BPD. Medication is usually something to dampen emotions, as BPD causes a great subjective increase in emotions. Most borderline patients are annoying drama queens because of that.

Current research into peptides suggests that we might have a more effective medication in the future, especially Neuropeptide S, which helps terminate pathologic fear responses, often responsible for maintaining the dysfunctional thinking patterns present in patients.

If you're a khv, a BPD girl might be your best chance at getting a GF, as they easily fall in love.

>If you're a khv, a BPD girl might be your best chance at getting a GF, as they easily fall in love.
Yeah, I figured that out. But how to find those mysterious beings made of crazy and dere-dere?

Autism isn't a personality disorder.

bpdtransformation.wordpress.com/
>Yeah, I figured that out. But how to find those mysterious beings made of crazy and dere-dere?
you get good at recognizing them after being with one. look for ugly haircuts, tons of piercings and tatoos, massive attention whores, usually hot and very sexual, artistic tendencies. Basically be a musician and look for the "weird" girl.

Dual-diag bipolar type 1 and BPD here, along with other various mental and physical issues. 28, male. Been through many therapies, group, individual. I can say that while my tendencies and urges definitely haven't gone away, you can suppress and or deal with them to the point that they are very faint, in they background, easy to deal with. I'm at that point. Three years of intensive outpatient therapy and numerous hospitalizations, but I'm there. Feel free to ama.

what do you bench press?

Weights attached to a bar.

weights........ attached to a bar? I'm going to need a moment to sit down and process this.

do you think your bipolar disorder or BPD has any positive sides, or benefits?

Absolutely, but one needs to look at the weight of pros vs cons. Increased production, less sleep necessary, the pros of hypo/mania are pretty self-evident. Cons are the depression, loss of control, addictive tendencies, etc. Again, pretty clear. For BPD, I think it's a lot harder to find many positives. The inflated ego makes it seem positive at the time, but looking back, I don't know if I could find a redeeming thing about that disorder in the 10-12 years it ran my life.

This is most common with BPD.

a bullet to the head cures BPD pretty well and it's a medicine every bi polar person deserves

> t. hunted by BPD people everywhere i've ever been my entire life

>BPD
>bipolar
That´s not the same thing, faggot. Also, sorry you had troubles with guys like me, but getting heart broken by some borderline bitch makes you just a spineless faggot.

this needs to be featured on a Veeky Forums banner

I want a DAMAGED BPD gf now