How can any of you still have a modicum of respect for Sam Harris after he was utterly BTFO and humiliated by Chomsky?

How can any of you still have a modicum of respect for Sam Harris after he was utterly BTFO and humiliated by Chomsky?

samharris.org/blog/item/the-limits-of-discourse

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KZ1ylGxGBF4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Sam FAGGOT

>Can't even think of his last name, the name FAGGOT comes automatically comes up

>Sam Harris
Who?
>checks google
Oh, it's another of those "If you're atheist, you must be aware of and worship these guys" idiotic threads.

Oh come on, there are threads about him here daily

This correspondence irks me. The fact Harris doesn't even appear to recognize his argument's own shortcomings really brings into question his academic integrity. His facile "dude we meant well though lmao" argument is so fraudulent in this scenario that I have trouble believing he wasn't being purposefully misleading.

Both are INFJs, weird

Exactly why I find it hard to take him seriously after reading it.

How can any of you still have a modicum of respect for Chomsky after he was utterly BTFO and humiliated by Zizek

youtube.com/watch?v=KZ1ylGxGBF4

>implying I don't hate them both

That's such an INTP thing to point out

I don't

. It's so transparent that Harris started something with Chomsky in hope of self aggrandizement, to borrow from Chomsky's relevance by participating in some sort of intellectual back and forth. Chomsky didn't even know who he was and dismissed him so thoroughly I almost felt bad for Harris.

Chomsky always accuses people of being a fraud when they challenge him.

That's flattering, but I'm actually ENFJ, you?

Well he's right, he's just stating a purely factual statement on the character of his opponents

Why is being called INTP flattering?

Chomsky is blinded by his arrogance. He is incredibly intelligent, hearing him speak when he was younger is fascinating, but he developed a kind of worship for his own conclusions that led him to very myopic perspectives. He couldn't let go of the ideas that appealed to him when he was young because he associated them with his own brilliance.

Sam Harris is completely irrelevant, though I like the fact that he throws the free will argument in people's faces.

>Sam Harris is completely irrelevant, though I like the fact that he throws the free will argument in people's faces.
Determinism is hardly new or interesting.

The theory that the earth is a globe isn't really new or interesting either, but it is still true.

Believing in free will is the best litmus test available for determining whether people care about understanding reality or are blinded by ideology.

It has nothing to do with determinism either, the world could work in many different ways, but the concept of free will will always remain not just unproven but completely illogical. It is a meaningless proposition, as evidenced by its never having been even defined.

After I read this I spammed Harris asking him how it felt to be fucking owned like that. I wasn't proud of it, but in a way I was very proud of it

he wasn't really, at least not in the same way. Chomsky's just a huge faggot and refuses to acknowledge that Zizek might have worthwhile things to say. So it's more stupid arrogance on Chomsky's side in this case, whereas when he spoke with Harris, Harris was completely destroyed and was reduced to calling Noam a meanie

is Briggs Meyers a meme on here or something? Or are people autistic enough to care about their four-letter identity like it means something