What are the scariest scientific discoveries?

>What are the scariest scientific discoveries?

>Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

people.csail.mit.edu/mrub/VisualMic/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The internet

Sarah Jessica Parker

FPBP

That's not a scientific discovery, that's just engineering

long distance communication

weaponized psychology, mass media

I second this

This, because it has few obvious counter-technologies.

Harmful microbes, funghi and viruses.
Cancers and prions.

The hydrogen bomb.
100,000 lives. Evaporated.

What if someone cooked some up with an egg and some veggies?

>counter-technology
>for something thet requires only rejection and critical thinking to make it worthless

If you're implying more invasive and covert methods of manipulation though, I agree

Western civilization social propaganda is insanely insidious in media. Which is one reason it almost always destroys other cultures way of life that don't actively defend against it. I think only some Muslim countries and North Korea are pretty much immune.

Did you confuse "discovery" with "invention" again, Skyler?

The counter-technology is memes.

Not shitty useless LOL memes, but memes that add to ones library of "common sense."

Example - You'd never accept candy from a stranger if they asked you to get in the back of their van first. While this seems like common sense, at one point it wasn't common sense. Criminals could "weapon" this psychological flaw to abduct people. Then there was a need to teach people, and the meme of vans offering free candy was born. When the meme became popular enough, it became common knowledge, or common sense.

Veeky Forums is an excellent source of memes, and in a way functions as an immune system for the psychology of the general public. The newest weaponizations of psychology (fake news that helped get trump elected) spread as memes by Veeky Forums itself. (/pol/ specifically) Somebody, deconstructed how Veeky Forums immunizes the general population against psychological attacks and used that knowlege attack Veeky Forums in a psychological way that turns it against the general population. If Veeky Forums acts as an immune system, then these newest attacks is akin to AIDS or HIV. It's a very well calculated and thought out psyop program.

violations of local realism

Keep telling yourself this...

Are you one of those people that are still in denial about something that has been experimentally verified over and over again? I bet you think superdeterminism is true. You may as well be religious

That the earth will be consumed by our own sun is scary I supose. But I'm guessing you meant inventions or stuff like that.

people.csail.mit.edu/mrub/VisualMic/
This is definitely scary.

I think you're vastly over-estimating the ability of the average idiot to think critically.

I've never quite been sure why RFID chips get all the crazies scared. They don't do anything a tattoo wouldn't, and aren't much harder to detect.

Same as FEMA camps and flat earth. It literally killed a thousand people once when they literally drank the kool-aid.

100,000+ evaporated, over 1,000,000 saved

they saved lives user, without them it would have been worse

>The hydrogen bomb.
>100,000 lives. Evaporated.
Uh, you might want to open a history book sometime.

Agreed.

people are afraid they're going to force one into every citizen so everyone can be tracked everywhere they go.

Unfortunately that's to Facebooks facial recognition database we already have a system that tracks where every single person is at any given time. if facebook decided to sell it's services then anytime you walked near a security camera they'd pull your facebook profile and instantly know more about you than your mother does. This is more scary than RFID. Even if you don't use facebook your face is in their database from pictures of your friends. Is there anyway to get facebook to delete your face from it's database?

autism

It's a sexy new take on the Mark of the Beast. Everybody loves being scared.

Everyone with a cellphone is being tracked 24/7.

>religious??

WFT is that? Sorry I don't speak ignorant.

I would hardly worry about psychology lmao
hows that replication crisis going again?