OK, so before we have like 50 fucking threads on this...

OK, so before we have like 50 fucking threads on this, NASA's institute for fucking crazy ideas that might just work is funding preliminary goddamn work to see if a reactionless drive/fucking warp drive is possible or a big fucking load of crap:

nasa.gov/directorates/spacetech/niac/2017_Phase_I_Phase_II/Mach_Effects_for_In_Space_Propulsion_Interstellar_Mission

Will it survive to round II of NASA's is this a crazy idea or not investigation? Just how many 'NASA'S WORKING ON A WARP DRIVE' popsci articles will this spawn?

Regardless EM drive BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X8YyH4O5DVg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

warp drive works, but you incinerate anything inside the warp bubble.

Well they ain't even trying to do that here, but ok

What if they make a second bubble within the first bubble to counteract the effects

>Predict maximum thrust achievable by one device and how large an array of thrusters would be required to send a probe, of size 1.5m diameter by 3m, of total mass 1245 Kg including a modest 400 Kg of payload, a distance of 8 light years (ly) away.

Oh fuck

This isn't a warp drive, it would be revolutionary but it's not ftl

> what are shields?
when they're really hot, just turn the warp off and wait for it to cool down, than warp again.

>EM drive BTFO
why tho?

It's hinted that Cannae is using this approach instead of EM.

They're putting A test satellite in orbit soon.

Isn't this just the Woodward effect? So another waste of money by NASA.

This is how V'ger starts, isnt it?

Fuck no they aren't

It does not cost much to do this sort of research. Sometimes it's worth spending the money to show that it doesn't work to prevent other people from wasting time on it

wait what is this?

Yes! this could works!

Can someone explain to me why the mach effect / Woodward effect isnt accepted as a valid theory? from what I know of it, it seems fine. Has the predictions been shown to be incorrect or something?

Describes the Mach effect (theoretical space propulsion)

I think its a question of whether you can generate enough force from it to do anything useful.

NASA is a government agency. Therefore they run with a high degree of incompetence. The real work is done by private contractors who get a pretty penny for it because, again, NASA is a government agency.

This kind of pisses me off.

The Woodward effect (or Mach effect) seems like a direct copy of the Biefeld-Brown effect. NASA said they tested the later back in the 90's as part of similar tests. They said it didn't work. Now they say it does? WTF?

Pretty sure they're entirely different phenomena being described

youtube.com/watch?v=X8YyH4O5DVg

Gary Hudson, President of Space Studies Institute, discusses the Exotic Propulsion Initiative.

How do I get NASAbux to "study" retarded concepts?

NASA doesn't give out money to retards like you