Recent purchases. dollar bin edition

recent purchases. dollar bin edition.

Am I allowed to post mine if I didn't get them in the dollar bin?

yeah for sure. I'm just being a cunt.

I've never even heard about any of those books. What books are those?

How much that set you back? Quite alot I imagine assuming you're also Australian.

lol

those are all pretty sweet editions except for that dumas and ESPECIALLY that dosto.

the substitution of english letters with russian letters is a poor stylistic choice. seems cheap and halfassed.

anyway, thats just my gripe with the edition. nice pickups senpai

$88
I won an $80 dollar voucher and a friend had exactly $8 left on a voucher so I didn't pay anything for them.

Normally I just get books off libgen or bib; this is the first time I've bought books in years.

>$88
God I fucking hate this place, shit costs way too much.

>$88
It's sad that it can be considered a good deal. Alot of the books i'm after cost $30+ alone (used).

I agree. I didn't really look at the covers before buying them. I just got cheap stuff which I'd heard of or which sounded good.
The white covers are not great either because they get dirty really easily

Yeah it's fucking ridiculous. I remember as a kid thinking anything above 15-20 dollars was expensive. Now everything costs around $30.
If you read a lot you'd be crazy not to get an ereader and pirate everything in my eyes. It's a shame though, because physical books are more satisfying.

Even penguins can be expensive in some cases. Drives me up the fucking wall.

I have started reading seriously at the beginning of this year and have spent upwards of 700 bucks, and have already read all of it. It's fucking ridiculous. Sadly I think I'm gonna give up buying all my books and get myself a e-reader for Christmas.

The Count of Monte Cristo one looks sick wtf are you talking about?

>700 bucks
What did you get?

i guess i dont like photos of stuff as the cover. would look much better if it were a painting.

I have a stack of ~30 books, mostly entry level stuff and a few memes. I have stuff like Lolita, Stoner, some Dostoevsky and Tolstoy, short Joyce works, Infinite jest, The Divine Comedy. That sort of stuff. I also have some things that aren't talked about much here but that's mostly it. I have no pics of my shelf.

>I also have some things that aren't talked about much here
Anything interesting?

>>$700
>>~30 books
I have this list of 40+ books i'd like. This doesn't feel good.

go2 a freakin used book store. i spend like 12 bucks a book at MOST, and thats when im buyin a nice n thick 1

Alberto Moravia is one I can think of who you should definitely check out.
Well, it depends on what you're getting and how you're getting it, but if you're getting the sorta thing I do (brand new books from Bookdepo) you're going to end up spending a lot of money very quickly. If you can I would seriously recommend checking out second hand bookstores which sadly isn't much of an option for me due to my location. Libraries often sell books cheap as fuck as well.

I love these covers!

I want to jizz on these covers!

Managed to get a copy of the Jin Ping Mei,the autobiography of the last chinese emperor and a small collection of Pu Songling's mystery/ghost stories

Depends on where you live, visit libraries and used bookstores frequently for book sale. I'm in the US and my entire shelf is consisted of mostly $1 books.

>visit libraries and used bookstores frequently for book sale
Will still be a ripoff regardless over here if you want anything decent or something that isn't YA.

Do Australians even know about the existence of BookDepository and BetterWorldBooks?

You need a new phone m8

Bookdepo is fucking rad, best bookstore on the internet for Aussies, but still rather pricey.

Why?

good haul.

Yes but see Wallets get raped no matter what.

Doctorow gets no love on this board and idk why. Ragtime is fucking fun as shit and swift, Billy Bathgate is dark and gritty, Andrew's Brain is a mindfuck.

R8 my birthday presents, too many memes? not enough? I'm trying to into the epic, already have Beowulf and Nibelungenlied and I'm hoping for Gilgamesh for christmas, then later the art epic like Milton and Klopstock

Why would you read so much political stuff?

Maybe because he likes reading political stuff?

Got these for free, when I was shopping for ironic christmas gifts at local thrift store.

lmao that's because OP appears to be patrician and everyone else here are plebs reading baby's first classics

Which do I read first, Veeky Forums?

>fanfiction

got these the other day

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.

Politics can be fun

Those Vintage Classics editions are shit quality.

The Dosto is also a P&V edition and has "Translated by Richard..." on the spine for some fucking reason

R8

vintage covers trigger me so much

Dollar bins are okay, but I prefer freebies.

Did you already read Adler's Speedboat? Because if not, I recommend you do before reading Pitch Dark.