I have a kilogram of minced beef

I have a kilogram of minced beef

how do I turn it into hamburgers without making a fool of myself

why would you make a fool of yourself

just google heston blumenthal

If it's high quality beef and to do it old school, then form patties, salt & black pepper on both sides and pan fry/grill until ready.

If it's cheap meat then add salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika and onion powder(if you have it) to the beef and then pan fry it.
Doing it this way will pretty much take away from any decent beef flavor, so dont do this with good meat.

Forgot to mention, in the second method you add it to the mince, mix it in and THEN make patties, as opposed to directly S&P on to the patties.

Stop saying "mince". Makes you sound like a fahgot

>fahgot
:^)

>heat large flat pan, no oil needed
>slap burger on
>very quickly and I mean very quickly press each corner of the burger down with a spatula to make it nice and thin but no juices should be coming out
>cook for a minute or two
>flip, press all 4 corners again, juices should still not be coming out
>cook another minute or two
>flip a third time and just let it finish
>done

this gets me nice thin burgers that are stackable and fuckin juicy every time

it's low quality meat that expires today

is it a bad idea to add an egg or something?

what do you call it then

Hamburger meat

I thought you wanted me to stop sounding like a faggot? Minced it is, lads.

You have to be over 18 years old to post on this board.

Not the user you're responding to, but we call it "ground beef" in the states.

lel

correct

adding eggs & breadcrumbs is usually done for things like meatloaf and big meatballs to bind it together. But a burger doesn't fall apart if you just cook it like a steak, x minutes on each side, flipping only once.

Oh and if it's cheap meat, just add in all those spices I told you, or atleast salt, pepper and garlic powdern form the patties and let them rest in the fridge for half an hour to an hour. The salt will do some shit to the meat to bind it together sort of like an egg yolk would.

Make the pattys thicker they will dry out like hell

That is horse meat you retard!

>how do I turn it into hamburgers without making a fool of myself
Try the website that you lifted your pic from, dipshit.

a circle does not have corners

Stop using lean ground beef.
80/20 is the minimum amount of fat for a thin patty. Many people mix in bacon or lard to up the fat content.

Add salt
Add pepper
Add maybe half a chopped onion
A little parsley, maybe a small measure of garlic
Mix thoughroughly
Form patties, slightly thicker and larger than you actually want them to end up
Very hot pan, olive oil, 2-3 minutes on each side, then continue until cooked through.
If you want cheese, throw some grated mild cheddar on the patty once you have flipped it once.

Should see you through the day.

>grated

kek

SLICED

I wasn't aware it made a great deal of difference

Please elucidate

Form into balls. Place in pan. Flatten with spatula. Turn burner on (don't forget to do this, it's an important step). Cook on both sides with salt and pepper

Now was that so fucking hard

They add a lot of shit to grated cheese in the US as cheap filler and as an anti-sticking together agent.

unless you go for expensive name brand you're not going to get real 100% cheese.

Oh, right, I see the misunderstanding

I meant cheese from a block that you have grated. I agree that pre-grated cheese is a huge meme.

It's less accurate, falls off, is uneven, and looks bad. Not to mention morally wrong especially if you're American. Sliced cheese is for burgers and sandwiches. Grated is chili dogs.

mathe-meme-ticians BTFO! hamburger flippers have been squaring the circle since day one.

>implying plant fiber is bad for you

alternatively learn to shop for real brands

who even buys pre-grated cheese? grating it yourself is quick and easy unless you're literally using like a kilo

Kill yourself you disgusting nigger

oh fuck off.
everyone knows what he meant

did he mean the upper right or the lower left corner of the circular patty?

haahahaha you got fucking owned kiddo

How about you grate your own cheese

Sure, just don't be putting it on burgers.