Myopia

James Joyce, the greatest prose writer in history, and a personal favorite, was near-sighted. Our Founding Father, Benjamin Franklin, was short-sighted, and invented the bifocals in order to help him see. The Roman stoic, Seneca, used a glass bowl of water in order to read books. Aldous Huxley, the writer of the famous Brave New World, was myopic too. I can go on and on.

All great writer and thinkers are myopic. If you don't suffer from myopia; if you have never seen the world through myopic eyes, then you are probably never going to write something that's going to have an impact on the world.

>Our Founding Father, Benjamin Franklin
>our

I look forward to reading 800 replies to this thread.

The Neetch was also very myopic toward the end of his life. It's why his handwriting became illegible to all but one person, who was also a friend.

What a shortsighted perspective.

Still, his myopia allowed him to have eerily prophetic insights that impacted the world.

>Homer
Blind
>Milton
Blind
>Borges
Blind

Catholics BTFO

All of the best writers have had cerebral palsy.

>James Joyce, the greatest prose writer in history

yeah if you're blind

Ayyyyyy

What does it mean if you're longsighted?

>my little farter

Nietzsche used a Hansen Writing Ball because he was so blind.

But losing your eyesight sucks. Especially when you're losing it largely due to being forced to sit in front of two monitors all day in a brightly lit office with a a bare fluorescent tube hanging a few feet over your desk.

Hitler had problems with his eyes and needed very intense illumination.

You are onto something.

Replace myopic with stomach problems:proust,nietchze,joyce,hitler,bach,hegel,napoleon etc..

Too lazy to research but I read that short sighted children tend to be more intelligent because they engage in activities in their close range like creative playing or reading early on.

I'm long-sighted (perfect near-sight) and I'm one of the top 5 intelligent people on Veeky Forums

Partly true, the main point of them being myopic is because they spend most of their time indoors, e.g. reading books or playing on the computer. But shortsightedness can be avoided by spending 2 hours per day outside, in natural light, prefferably when its sunny. Near-work is not the cause of myopia, but a lack of natural light.

Wew lad

>tfw not innteligent enogh too be miopic

>when you made the cut

I realize this is off-topic, but

>If you don't suffer from myopia; if you have never seen the world through myopic eyes, then you are probably never going to write something that's going to have an impact on the world.

Can anyone explain to me why or why not this is a proper use of semicolon? Wouldn't the first part be just a fragment?

wow youre that dumb?

The first part is a fragment, so you are correct and it is an improper use of a semi-colon.

lurk more

>tfw almost blind, extremely aesthetic looking, alcoholic, tall, upper class, cigar smoker, white male, introvert, extremely sensitive, Catholic
>tfw still suck at writing

Do you know if that rule has always been static? I see similar uses of the semicolon of that of OP in books all of the time, mostly in older texts.

That makes sense, I didn't get glasses until I was in middle school and then I never wore them until halfway through HS. Before that I was for all it matters autistic, I didn't understand socializing and could never see people's faces or expressions and was very introverted as a result. This probably helps people focus on narrative and details

>All great writer and thinkers are myopic.
>writer

haha op is myopic af