>you worked hard
>you got into a decent university
>you didn't go out of fear
>you took up a normal job
>you never fit in with plebs
>you never fit in with patricians
>you die alone and full of regret

>tfw too smart for a normal life and too dumb for a life of science

Most scientists are highly skilled mechanics. They understand how a particular system works and how to manipulate it. Their intelligence has to do with remembering a bunch of facts regarding a very specific system. Your average business man or even clinician is much much "smarter" than someone who can tell you everything there is to know about cellular respiration but knows fuck all else.

The biggest sign of their overall retardation is thinking they're too smart for normal life, so if anything you're a very average scientist.

0/10

Stay butthurt. I've studied more science and involved myself with more scientists than you ever will.

Kek, I like how you can make sweeping statements like that without any information. For example, I'm doing my third post-doc at the moment. My h-index is higher than my age. Stay classy trolls.

If that were the case it'd be entirely obvious what I'm talking about.

>If that were the case
It is.
>it'd be entirely obvious what I'm talking about.
It isn't.

If you were talking about Engineers, I could sort of see where you're coming from.

Pretty much MOST from biology and up, not including heavily integrated studies. And engineers are literally mechanics so no shit.

What the fuck does 'up' even mean. As if there's some sort of hierarchy.

Either you went to a shit tier community college, or you're dense as hell. I'm guessing it's the latter.

The only thing that's possibly even shittier than your posts is this thread, so I'm gonna fuck off somewhere. No need to reply.

I'm referring to heircharcy in nature you fucking retard. No shit you won't reply, you're a complete moron. Stay mad kid

>tfw too smart for a normal life and too dumb for a life of science

literally my life in one sentence

He's right though. Mathematics is the only non-brainlet STEM field.

The guys a sap who's trying to justify his decades of academia as a marker of overall intelligence rather than the obvious complete lack thereof.

And you're right. The reason I said biology and above is because of mathematicians and mathematically minded physicists and chemists.

>biology
>trying to fit it in with the big boys
biology isn't even science faggot

>academia means complete lack of intelligence
go fuck a tree

fuck off brainlets, let me fix that for you:
>tfw too autistic for a normal life and too dumb for a life of science
you're not at a midpoint, you're the worst of both

I know these feels all to well.

At least you tried my friend.

Are you lost?

/thread

did I stutter?
GO
FUCK
A
TREE

>most Veeky Forums members are engineers, medical professionals, scientists, and financial experts
>average income $160,000 USD
>I make $18/h driving a forklift and only have a 2 year diploma

>most Veeky Forums members are engineers, medical professionals, scientists, and financial experts
Not really, most Veeky Forums browsers are bitter, lonely, neet fags like this guy and this guy , plus the occasional stray troll who wondered over from /pol/

so let me get this straight. you're neither from other parts of Veeky Forums, or someone in STEM.

so what are you? lost from tumblr?

none of the above

>plus the occasional stray troll who wondered over from /pol/

Hey, that's me.

Except no.

If you are implying you are a business man, and you have studied science as part of your profession, I guarantee I have studied and researched more than you have and im a second year grad student.

Christ you sound retarded

tis whole thread is cringy af

I have multiple science degrees faggot, and I grew up in a very science minded/ educated family. I love science to death, and most scientists are geniuses in their craft and complete autists in all other regards. They are for the most part not generally intelligent, but rather good at memorizing and visual thinking in regards to their particular specialty.

Most entrepreneurs I know only have a general to poor summary of pop sci, but are incredibly creative and able to adapt to new information. Focusing on a single area your entire life fucks you up and makes you incapable of understanding and addressing 99% of what life is about.

stay mad kid, it'll distract you from your autism

someone's buttmad
>I have multiple science degrees faggot
kek, a diploma for being able to tie your shoelaces doesn't count

not too bright this one

Your concept of normal life must revolve around trailer trash retards then, because those smarts can be applied anywhere and you can still potter around the edges as a layman in science. Are you sure you aren't just too retarded to breathe?

OK buddy.

Theres patterns waiting for you physicists

are*

Fucktard.

Like I said, scientists have amazing memorizing and visual/ structural abilities, exactly what it is IQ tests address. They by no means account for creativity and adaptability, which are hallmarks of general intelligence.

>exactly what it is IQ tests address
They literally address how 'smart' you are. i.e., they're a proxy of general intelligence. By definition, you dumb shit. If you want to go ahead and redefine what 'smart' means so that it suits your view of the world, then go right ahead, but don't think for a second that I'm not laughing in your face.

I guess I should have known better than to start an argument with a retard. It always ends up being a discussion about the meaning of words rather than about the implications of concepts, because retards like you don't have the clarity of mind to make a coherent argument.

>hurr durr scientists are book smart, I'm street smart!
this is what the brainlett actually believes

>They literally address how 'smart' you are
Hush now child, let the adults speak. To still think this given how incredibly forward psychologists have been about the scope of these tests is pretty embarrassing.

kek, perhaps you'd like to cite some sources to give me a good giggle

I won't do basic ass research for you brainlet

then you may as well shut the fuck up because you have nothing to say that's worth anything

Bro you don't even know what IQ tests are, I'd be easy with the name calling lol

But I do. That's why I brought them up in the first place. The enormous irony here is that you don't have a fucking clue what they are.

This would be painful to read if it weren't so funny. I legitimately feel there's a chance you're trolling

You know, for a bunch of people on Veeky Forums, you sure throw the word "retard" around enough to sound astoundingly ignorant.
After a while, the 4chanspeak you've accustomed yourself to loses all its meaning.
You're talking me back to 6th grade, anons. 6th grade, was a stupid, stupid time.
I can only imagine how rough it must be for grown ass adults who still run around spouting off about "retards."

That makes two of us.

Pic related, it's a house fire for you to die in.

shut the fuck up retard

Come on now guy, you can't in all seriousness go on fucking Veeky Forums and complain about the language. You should know better than that.

I'm just concerned you're beyond repair user.
You've conditioned yourself to slap "retard" or "autist" as a viable label on stuff you don't like.
Your mother comes downstairs with a plate of macaroni and it doesn't have the special cheese you like, so you start flinging macaroni all over screaming about those "autist-retards" again.
It's hard to get anything across when you sound as silly as you do, user.

your nans a fag and gay and dead.

spastic

I second his complaint. It's more about laziness and herd mentality

Because 'brainlets' so much more PC.

This fuckin retard

For someone who claims be creative, you're not very creative.

Pretty easy to second your own comment fkn lol

its fairly creative

That's solid income. Do you get overtime?

You didn't honestly expect that people were gonna agree with you, did you? Is this your first time on Veeky Forums or something?

if that's your standard for creative, I can't imagine what your standard for smart is

makes a whole lot more sense now

My fuckin sides

your nans even GAYER

This man just might be a creative genius. A savant even

your dads boyfriend is dead

Perhaps familiarize yourself with crockers' rules.
I adhere, and extend the benefit of the doubt to anyone who posts here as to them being rational agents capable of extracting information even from insults.

I was a highschool dropout, didnt even have 9th grade math

When I was 19 I went and got a prescription for stims (adderall)

realized I wasnt a brainlet and I powered through all highschool math courses, finished my mechanical engineering degree in 3 years and just got a job at SpaceX

believe in yourself brother

SHUT THE FUCK UP RETARD

And you're so small that you feel the need to insult them both... Sad.

I have a bachelor's in engineering and I make 12/hr driving a forklift. So you're doing better than me friendo.

His post is probably the only reasonable one in this entire thread

I'm full of apprehension right now. There's a lot of pressure for me to get a "normal" job, but I know the moment I walk down that road I'm never going to get where I want to go. I'm thinking to ostracize myself from my family because I can't take their "wanting to help me with the best intentions" anymore. It's not like they were ever much help before.

What happened user?

Your family isn't there to help you. If unhelpful good intentions bother you that much, you're going to have a really really hard time. Abandoning loved ones outright instead of growing into your own person around them does not reflect a problem on their part but yours.

Life's a bitch man, I do feel for you. I have the same inclinations I think, but cutting off all social support from those you've been raised around usually makes things worse.

>Physics/Astronomy far and away over Mathematics
DELET

damn, actual wise advice on Veeky Forums. what is this world coming to?

I don't want to get into it too much, but by unhelpful good intentions, I mean things that actively harm me in the end e.g., my teeth are in extreme pain right now and I can't concentrate on my work. God, more often than not I wish people would just leave me be.

Find your space and grow in it. That you don't rely on family in a way that they bring you down

>most Veeky Forums members are autistic overconfident undergrads who spend their free time on an anonymous mongolian sewing techniques imageboard arguing about which subset of math is purest/hardest
>average source of income is good boy points
>I am actually a productive member of society
FTFY

no way 'business - accounting' is behind 'business - other' and equivalent to 'business - administration'. There must be a lot of people who start in an accounting major and don't finish. Going to school for accounting is not bookkeeping. Sauce?

I don't even know.

Hurr durr I can't read and think too well but I'll just pretend you said something stupid and come up with a brilliant retort

>research needs no creativity and adaptability
you're retarded

it's basically what you're saying faggot brainlet

You literally cannot read. I feel dumber and dumber the more time I spend thinking about you. By all means keep on faggin up the place though

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
if you're not interested in STEM why the fuck are you even here? fuck off

I've studied more STEM then your little mind will ever understand dipshit. Like I said, you literally cannot read. But really though, keep faggin it up this is entertaining

whoops sorry i forgot you have
>multiple science degrees
lmao kill yourself fucking LARP loser

The LGBTQ community should add a letter for your level of faggotry

The plebs and the patricians you're talking about have something smart in common: they don't worry about which retarded internet category they fall into and just get on with shit.

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
why don't you go play with your fake degrees brainlet faggot baby

This one buttblasts me. Why is all health and medical sciences grouped as one? Seems really strange to have nursing and med school kiddies in the same group. And how exactly can you derive IQ from GRE scores?

Also, do med school kiddies even do the GRE?

the entire statistic is as meme as meme get bruh

does one take medication for autism or is it more of a social support kind of thing?

your replies are seriously kindergarten-tier buddy

>psychology is not science
>uses IQ as measurement of smart

>I'm doing my third post-doc
being proud of this
I just cannot stop laughing at you.

hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

uhhu uhhu

There is always time yo learn as an autodidact.

>tfw too smart to care if you're smart