From an evolutionary standpoint does the grey alien make sense...

From an evolutionary standpoint does the grey alien make sense? I know many depictions make the head way too large for the body to support.

they are obviously humans from the future

Kinda

No human heads will never get that big because they will no longer be able to be born.

That's why people are born as tiny babies, undeveloped and unable to protect itself, unlike a baby gator for instance. Our brains grow and develop after we cone out da pussy, that way they can fit out.

That's a neat idea actually. For a sci-fi at least. Has it been explored?

They would be a species that has adapted to living in space for god knows how long, there's no reason to think what they currently are has anything to do with their original natural evolution.

in SF? I don't know
it's been 'explored' by UFOlogists though haha

but really it makes a strange kind of sense to me, losing the middle finger, eyes getting bigger through sexual selection, heads getting bigger, losing hair, these all seem the direction humans are going

*little finger

why did i type middle, i will never know

What about the gray skin?

hmm i don't know, maybe they did that intentionally to stop racism

it could be that humanoid is simply the best form for intelligent species but it might just be lack of imagination too

It's definitely a theme in UFOlogy. I might have noticed it in some X-Files episode, not sure. Fringe (the TV show) portrayed bald emotionless men as humans from the future, which itself is a throwback to the gray aliens inspiration from the X-files.

If they evolved under conditions of low light/ light gravity it could explain the large eyes/ bodies. It's also possible that this is the direction evolution takes for a species that lives almost exclusively in spacecraft. Darkness + artificial gravity + limited space = small bodies, keen eyesight

there is an entire retarded field of UFOlogy based on this...

I believe in gray aliens, but they're not time travelers from Earth.

I think the grey alien character reveals more about humans than it reveals anything else

I think they resemble the Chinese.

Scary thought!

Don't forget to mention the half formed skull

Heads that big will make locomotion hard since they will be heavy.

The grey is usually depicted with a large head and small neck. In reality, having a large head would make your neck muscles larger. Just ask soldiers in the military who have to wear helmets all day long.l

Who gives a fuck about head weight in zero/low gravity.

>From an evolutionary standpoint
depending on their ability to genetically engineer themselves and artificially reproduce. evolution may be out of the question

Whether or not a genetically engineered creature actually works is still a matter of natural selection.

Well it seems OP has put the wrong word in his question then huh.
>From a PHYSIOLOGICAL standpoint does the grey alien make sense? I know many depictions make the head way too large for the body to support.

C sections.

Considering that there are nearly infinite possibilities of habitable worlds, it would be evolutionarily plausible to have ayy lmaos with 20 inch dicks, orange heads and egg-shaped necks.

>way too large for the body to support
what is the gravity intensity on the "alien's" home planet?

if you can figure out why I asked you that then you won't need anyone to tell you the answer to your question.

>retards who don't understand probability or infinity keep perpetuating this meme.

Elaborate. I mean it. I'm a brainlet who doesn't know much of physics, so it would be enlightening to have some input on that.

Ah, well, usually people spouting this stuff are dead certain, you may not be a retard after all.

This is not rigorous but when thinking about an "infinite" amount of things, it doesn't mean literally anything can happen, it doesn't dictate whether something is possible or not, it means all results which are possible can be found in that infinite set, and proportional to their probability.
The examples you mentioned aren't that unlikely, but that's because biologically they are not that far fetched, not because there are an infinite amount of planets.
You will not find carbon based life that lives in an environment of several million degrees. Likewise you wont find a planet with G=pi. You wont find a star purely made of electrons.

TL:DR having infinite amounts of something does not change whether or not something is possible, just that you are obviously more likely to find an example of it if it's possible at all.
You seemed to imply that it does. If you didn't then I was in the wrong, it's just a lot of people thing it has any bearing or think literally everything is possible.

aliens being organic at all makes no sense.

why?

space is vast and full of dangers to organic life.

it also stands to reason that any civilization advanced enough to think about manned flight outside their home system. will also have bio mechanical augmentations. they might have even given up organic existence altogether.

It could be the lack of melanin, maybe they aren't exactly "grey", or maybe they produce another type of portein with the same functions as melanin (radiation retention) that looks gray

Oh sure I can see why they would keep their natural body but I don't see why it couldn't be organic but genetically modified.

*why they would not keep their original body

Why would an interstellar speices keep a biological body?
>biocucks keep perpetuating bad scifi memetics

After the earth is ruined by radiation humans took to living in orbit, where over successive generations the effects of zero gravity on newborn babies unformed skulls caused their heads to enlarge.
This in turn led to the next stage of evolution for man, a genetic predisposition (already started by anime figures in the 20th and21st centuries) for large eyes and big heads, eventually time travel was discovered possible and the sexual deviants of the future would go back to molest the small headed ancestory and the large bovine creatures who did not survive the space farms.

The grey flesh is from a lack of melinin from little to no direct sunlight and like the flamingo a direct result of the gruel like protein rich food churned out by the low orbit sustainance farms.
The solar radiation also had a contributing effect on the new generation of astral sapiens twisting the DNA and increasing the infant mortality rate to psychologically damaging levels for the remnants of earth.

Due to the harsh sterilizing nature of space time travelling spunk and egg thieves were needed to keep the astral sapiens dwindeling numbers from dying out, but because of their pale UV vulnerable flesh, night time excursions were the only viable option.
And so sleep abductions of an invasive sexual nature became the only way to survive.

The dramatic effects of alcohol in space and the danger that a floating drunk could possess to both themselves and the colony meant that all alcohol was soon banned, in history this has never gone well so the easily farmable magic mushroom soon took alcohols place in a number of different forms, this in turn led to some remarkable scientific breakthroughs caused by the psychadelics mind bending qualities.

Because of the negros high levels of melanin an effort was put in place with early 21st century governments to increase their population and to darken the asian and caucasian races, this unfortunately was seen as a "mass cucking" and "white genocide" among the less intelligent of the early 21st century humans and ironically contributed to the eventual nuclear conflicts which ravaged earth.

It makes sense if they live predominantly enclosed lives within their ships/biochambers and have robots doing their work.

To avoid this happening to humans we could attatch some electrodes and artificial gravity spin to our ships.

Otherwise we end up like this as our bodies turn into jello...If we are lucky.

>eyes getting bigger through sexual selection
This would suggest that fans of Japanese cartoons actually reproduce.

test tube babbies

Now explain why they are weird primates. That's right, you can't.
Greys don't make any sense unless they're like FUTURE HOOMANS or something

You what?!?

Why would intelligent lifeforms even keep that weak form to begin with?