/Our guy/ Cliff uploaded a new review

Discuss.

youtube.com/watch?v=HgaDb5eQkvc

we're over cliff.

He's a pleb. Luckily I don't give him ad revenue by reading the titles of his videos since I know they're devoid of deep analysis and Wikipedia provides better summaries.

If you really have an urge to discuss youtube "critics" I suggest you fuck off back to /mu/

at least he is trying and bringing a sincere attempt at analysis. yes, he is attempting to analyze books way above his level, but he is better than all those cunts doing booktubes and being like 'it waz good' it waz good' it waz bad'. If just ONE of those cunts do it like Cliff but they wouldnt' even know where to begin.

Ignore them Cliff, they're just jealous of how much more attractive, successful and undoubtable virile you are than they will ever be. Keep fighting the good fight

A few times I have purchased a book he has review only because he makes them sound interesting (i.e. basically just hype). Not because of academic-level analysis.

BookChemist is much better.

He is a handsome guy. I wish him all the best.

I think he's got the format down-pat, he just needs to focus on getting his content to the level it should be. Mind you, watch his old videos and see how much he's improved in that respect. Idk maybe I'm being idealistic, but I really want a needledrop for Veeky Forumserature, and he might develop into that someday.

he's seriously the worst. Don't you have any self-respect Veeky Forums?

I like him ironically

i like him more than all those commie booktuber girls, no point mentioning names since they are all the same person

obviously hes insufferable and i would jump out of a window if i was dropped into a room with him (look at his hair), but what books are "above his level"

when he was outside with the north face jacket and he looked like a totally normal, smart, nice guy i was moved

he's cool

I like him, but I feel like a lot of what he's reading is lost on him, or it's just difficult for him to convey his thoughts in a very sincere way.

His videos are comfy though, and he does encourage me to read more.

Hope he does well.

>tfw you think you could do a good job as a booktuber, but you're too damn ugly and nobody would watch you ;~;

The argument that he's better than some bimbo reviewer doesn't make sense. It's not like you're voting for president, you don't have to endure any sort of youtube "criticism."
>I don't have to jump off a bridge, but I'd rather jump from this one than the other

Why does this faggot bring all of the stupid retards on Veeky Forums out of the woodwork to aggressively defend and insult him? He's just some random guy who talks about books on youtube

he has a punchable hobgoblin face

I don't like Cliff as much as the next user, but the likelihood of Veeky Forums being any better or less gay is doubtful. If you're expecting an academic level analysis from booktubers, who typically make quick videos that are to be watched as recommendations and not dissertations, kill yourself. I watch him for the same reason I come to Veeky Forums: recommendations of books I otherwise would never have heard of.

>A needledrop for Veeky Forums
God no, please, no. Why would you ask for this

Most of them, he's pretty terrible at literary analysis.

Because I think it's good to have a presentable face for proper literature, rather than Veeky Forums's weird face scaring innocent farmgirls who just happen to like Dickens off youtube

hi cliff

He's not attempting to bring analysts at all. Reading the Wikipedia isn't analysis.

>watch him for the same reason I come to Veeky Forums: recommendations of books I otherwise would never have heard of.
But he covers only famous novels

>presentable face for proper literature,
Yeah, okay. But needledrop isn't the equivalent of that in music so please shut up.

Anyone who thinks needledrop is a "presentable face for proper music" is retarded

I found female cliff. we shall call her cliffette the commander.

>he doesn't review muh viennese field recording artists and ape metal albums he doesn't listen to muh real music

Come on man, Fantano has done a lot to bring musicians who would otherwise have minuscule followings into the limelight.