Now lets look at a real world application

>Now lets look at a real world application

>study math
>have the option to study financial mathematics
>refuse because it sounds boring and don't want to earn money

>""""""""""""""""""""""real"""""""""""""""""""

The class is called calculus, not "calculus with financial applications"

Theres multiple brainlet calculus classes, they can go there.

> be in a study group
> lots of STEM brainlets
> think they know shit just because they can spell "Fourier"
> cannot appreciate the beauty and usefulness of any mathematical fact without resorting to cheap, hand waving "applications" every 15 minutes
> get nervous and give up on "mathematical manipulations", because they want to "understand" it

Bitch, the fucking cat does not exists. It's a stupid analogy for the absurdity of quantum mechanics.

>still taking calculus
>calling other people brainlets

This is what I like about Computer Science, you can enjoy the theory of some algorithm and then make use of it by implementing it using a programming language to do some work on real data.

>mfw my 5 year old brainlet brother is still in kindergarden

baka

you don't exist. at least not by any metric of worth

haha whatever you say cs brainlet

I'm not a brainlet.

There are people there aren't lazy shits like you

are you saying there aren't people who are paid to work out how long it will take to get a certain concentration of salt water in a container if it's being drained at a particular rate?

The right hand rule always pisses me off

>muh mathematical "beauty"
Enjoy that 35k in black neighborhood school starting OP, while I do some job that doesn't require that much math and with 90k starting with lots of benefits

Stats and OR brehs know this well too.

Enjoy being stuck there forever. You need a pure math masters to do any 6 figure work.

hahaha aww thats cute little brainlet

Had a ta say that exact thing last august.
Wonder if you're him.

>Poor brainlet tier
Humanities (except for law and economics)
Physical Education
Nutrition
Business
Marketing

>High income tier
Engineering
Applied mathematics
Experimental physics
Medicine
CS
Law
Economics

>High intellect + plus average/low income tier
Pure mathematics
Theoretical physics

Income x intellectual challenge follows a parabola-like graph. The absolute brainlet-tier courses will give you little money. The hardest courses will give you some money but are not gonna make you rich. The most profitable courses have some degree of difficulty, but can't be too abstract as they should be applicable to the real world.

>Falling for the "math is beautiful" meme

Nobody in history ever actually thought this until reddit-tier pop science faggots started flooding in with this Education degrees

Math has ALWAYS been used to solve real problems. You're the one ruining its true utility.

But QM works fine as a model.

Yeah, but there are a lot of fields that are like that.

That guy is a pseudo-intellectual desperate to feel superior to his peers, ignore him.

What was the real world application of
Proving there are infinity many primes in 200bc?

Euclid defined a prime as a measurement unit that could not be reduced.

Numbers didn't even exist back then

What's a number?

>tfw they removed applied mathematics from my schools curriculum
>tfw stuck doing general mathematics because engineering mathematics assfucks my schedule forever

>a factory worker is moving this box up an incline with a spring pushing back on him

It just werks tho. It's either that or do some mental math plugging in numbers to formulas.

this is why you guys never analize the stock market and never win. you only circlejerk dick eachother

t. Maths Major

FUCKING KEK

>real world application makes it on the final

>the people solving these problems go on to become said factory worker

like pottery