Is there any good Basque literature?

Is there any good Basque literature?

Hemingway, to some extent ;)

It was written in Antediluvian times.

That doesnt count.

Ardipurdiarraioak, a poetic milenary guide to sheep-fucking of stunning lyrical beauty which used to be recited by bertsolaris in the opening rites for summer festivals.

can i have serious answers now?

can you really expect a language with less than a million speakers to have a great literature?
the talent pool is simply too small

if you learn Basque, do it as a hobby, because you are interested in learning a still spoken preintoeuropean european language with very different grammar.

No.

Basque was/is the language of illiterate peasants who live in the mountains.

How did you expect any "good Basque literature"?

Que mujer!

Ok what about something set in the basque country?
esc nunca será mi novia

bump

Más allá de algunos poemas sueltos en euskera no sé.

Aquí no creo que encuentres nada, pero tiene que haber por ahí algún escritor nacionalista que a los abertzales y proetarras les encantará. Alguno al que le hayan dado un premio y un dinero del ayuntamiento o de la CAV.

Basque wasn't an unified language until a century ago or so. And even then they just hispanized the language a lot. Unamuno is a great Basque writer if that consoles you

>Is there any GOOD Evenki collection of love sonnets? Pre-Renaissance only, please.

Basque speaker that grew up studiying in ikastolas here

Pic related is the only thing that comes to mind.

There are a lot of contemporary basque authors, but ive never bothered to read anything by them.

I know i didn't help shit.

Is there more of this grill ?

Its Marta Etura, actress known for playing soft voiced gfs.

>pre indoeuropean
>implying basques arent ayy lmaos
anyway the low number of speakers and history of francoist censorship pretty much prevented any great basque literature from being written

>francoist censorship
>This maymay on a this board
Why do people like to repeat lies. Many such cases. Sad!

Esto con el Tío Paco no pasaba

Miguel de Unamuno, one of the greatest Basque writers in History, said that Euskera was the language of the mud, the tongue of the peasant and the cow, unfit for literature and art

>"Los vascos me parecen más inservibles que los negros, y fíjese que los negros no han servido para otra cosa que para ser esclavos."

>"Los vascos no han hecho otra cosa en la historia que ordeñar vacas, se han pasado los siglos ordeñando vacas."

Illiterate peasants have come up with good literature elsewhere.

Sounds like he was full of shit.

So you're saying it's hard to rhyme.

Who is this semen demon?

Cell phone, please.

Escuece la verdad eh Patxi?

Basques writing in Spanish:
>Unamuno
>Baroja
>Aramburu

Basques writing in Basque:
>Axular
>Ormaechea