How can you call yourself a real man if you won't even eat mushrooms

How can you call yourself a real man if you won't even eat mushrooms

The majority of Veeky Forums is female so why would we want to? Mushrooms are delicious tho.

true
have a pic of my fav one

lol phalloides

Is that where all the shitty recipes that have meme spices and lack fundamentals like mirepoix or roux come from?

it also has some cute other names like deadly amanita, death cap and death angel. Every year some retards nibble it down and die. I like this mushroom.

Enjoy your death by amanita.

They had to put signs up around here to stop Chinese immigrants from killing themselves and their families.

i think mushrooms are gross, op
if i have to eat a mushroom, it had better make me hallucinate

It's named like that for a reason, you should try it.

No, that's the few men. They also make the fastfood threads. Everything else is women

I thought "don't eat white mushrooms with white gills" is like rule 1 and 2 of mushroom foraging

Mushrooms are gross. They squeak when you bite them and feel unnaturally smooth.

Unless you're browning them in a pan to make a sauce or shepherds pie, keep that shit out of my food.

>mfw making garlic mushroom sauce

>If you suspect that you have eaten a death cap mushroom immediately contact the casualty department at your nearest hospital.

No, that is a waste of time, it's to late already. You should talk to your remaining family members and donate all your money to the local animal center.

But I do, user.

>to stop Chinese immigrants from killing themselves and their families.
why?

>eating a phallic shaped fungus, more closely related to mold than to real food
>real man
Pick one.

Mushrooms are trash literally grown in shit.

Have some non-phallic oyster mushrooms then.

Still shit that needs to be removed and sprayed, not eaten.

why do you think they tell you contact the casualty department instead of poison control?
you are already dead. they just want to have a giggle with you in your last moments about how fucking retarded you are/were

>giggle with you
They hope you donate your money to them rather the local animal shelter.

I like mushrooms but never had them raw until a few weeks ago.
I've been eating raw button mushrooms with various dips and sauces about every other day since.

>eating raw button mushroom
you are doing it wrong

>Mushrooms have very tough cell walls and are essentially indigestible if you don't cook them.
>heating them releases the nutrients they contain
>Raw mushrooms contain small amounts of toxins, including some compounds that are considered carcinogens
you should reconsider your diet

>what are chanterelles
>what are oyster mushrooms
>what are champignions

nope sorry nvm I was trying to be clever and failed miserably
everybody move along now

Once my bosses friend brought in these mushrooms called neck of the woods or some shit. Took them home to cook them and noticed the second I ate them there was bugs in them. I still love mushrooms though.

>females
>on Veeky Forums
yeah sure

Aside from being the color of blue jeans, they're edible, but nothing noteworthy as far as taste. They're impossible to misidentify around here too (E. Texas).

my friend was over today and refused mushrooms on pizza, just said he's always disliked them and the texture since he was a kid. Said it's the only food he really doesn't like. I think that's reasonable, he's had it enough over a long enough period of time to know he really doesn't like it

If you don't die within two hours you won't

I've never really understood mushrooms on pizza, doesn't seem like a pleasant combination of tastes and textures to me.

nigger have you even had a costco combo slice?

I need to get into the woods a couple days this week. Morels are popping like crazy right now in Iowa

nah mushroom on pizza is based

lel what is this 2006? get with the times gramps.

And for the fat fucks around here trying to lose weight, mushrooms are your fucking friends. That, tomatoes and tuna. Get lean fat ass.

Pleb tier taste, everyone.

This is Veeky Forumsfor you

>try to discuss mushrooms
plebs discuss pizzatoppings

>try to discuss healthy meals
plebs discuss burgers

>try to talk about anything food related
plebs discuss shit trier fast food

>ask for a recipe
plebs ignore you and discuss fast food anyways

I don't know if it's the same situation, but I heard that a species of edible mushroom found in China looks an awful lot like a poisonous mushroom found in some place with Chinese migrants.

>The majority of Veeky Forums is female
Source or fuck off.

PNW.

They go foraging in the woods and mistake the edible one for the deadly one that kills you.

I love mushrooms.My mom used to either fry them and fill them with cheese or made it with garlic.