What really grinds your gears?

>pic related

>proof left as exercise

>let

>An ordered triple is defined as a special type of ordered pair

>evolution/ecology text refers to viruses as living/organisms

What would you use?

>it is useful to note that

Fucking environmentalists grind my gears. The fucking so-called environmentalists are the ones most responsible for global warming because of their peculiar resistance to nuclear power. It would be funny if global warming wasn't such a huge deal.

>he doesnt attempt to prove all the theorems by himself before reading the proof

We seem to be talking about writing, mostly, so
>author pretends the solution is an algebraic voodoo trick when it's actually a natural thing to try
>absolute refusal to reference any geometry even in places where there is a glaring geometric meaning to what's being done
>Bourbakism to the point of completely removing what the concept actually meant in favor of axiom spam
>conversely, books that use "working definitions" because they're supposed to be simpler

using terms like

>imaginary time
>dark energy
>Virtual particle
>spin

to fill in the gaps that physics can't answer,
then opening the flood gates to let nu-male popsci listening faggots to use it like a fancy sci-fi term to talk about why time travel is possible

>professor explains an intuitive interpretation of a theorem

What the fuck you fucking brainlet? Intuition is trivial. Don't waste my time with your cognitive inferiority. I paid you to teach me non-trivial math.

>imaginary time

Just take it literally. i.e. Imaginary time is just going t --> it to get a euclidean metric

this

>and now, let me give you an example

this

if global warming was such a big deal as they say environmentalists should be jumping all over nuclear power to get us from dumping more CO2 in the atmosphere

Oh, I remember I was like this back in freshman year.

How is calculus doing boys? You got the product rule from last week? Let me give you a little spoiler: there is this thing called the quotient rule and you may need to get ready for it haha.

Oh, being young and stupid must be good. Now I would suck a professors dick to give me an example of the newest essay-worthy definition they want to teach today.

Couple weeks into calculus 1 now, doing well, already past the chain rule and beyond. Quotient rule was a joke. Product rule remains my specialty.
I ask my professor his thoughts on quantum mechanics and partial derivatives. He's impressed i know about the subject. We converse after class for some time, sharing mathematical insights; i can keep up. He tells me of great things ahead like series and laplacians. I tell him i already read about series on wikipedia. He is yet again impressed at my enthusiasm. What a joy it is to have your professor visibly brighten when he learns of your talents.
And now I sit here wondering what it must be like to be a brainlet, unable to engage your professor as an intellectual peer.
All of the deep conversations you people must miss out on because you aren't able to overcome the intellectual IQ barrier that stands in the way of your academic success... it's so sad.
My professor and I know each other on first name basis now, but i call him Dr. out of respect.
And yet here you brainlets sit, probably havent even made eye contact with yours out of fear that they will gauge your brainlet IQ levels.
A true shame, but just know it is because i was born special that i am special. I can't help being a genius, nor can my professor.
Two of a kind is two flocks in a bush.

>Product rule remains my specialty.

Well it is the most fundamental one.

This is obviously disingenuous in that history has repeatedly demonstrated that human beings cannot be trusted to responsibly manage nuclear power, whether in the form of energy plants, weapons, and so on. Thus far, we have had a string of near-misses, and good luck, which cannot possibly last on an arbitrarily long time frame.

The correct answer is: neither, which entails a massive reduction in the human population. And this exactly because it's human beings which are the important consideration here, and not "muh Gaia".

good luck getting everyone to agree that population reduction is the answer to global warming

when someone tries to make a joke in a latex paper

This is every math conversation in grad school. You'll get over whatever it is that makes people act this way.

Feel free to laugh.

>the astute reader will have noticed that...

gonna text this to my wife's son. he loves memes

>product rule remains my specialty

>multiplication is my specialty

>turning exponents into constants is my speciality

>addition is my specialty

Hey, I recognize that copypasta!

All we have to do is get rid of nonwhites
>population much more manageable
>health care math starts working
>now have plenty of tax money to spend on countless scientific works

and lose all our cheap 3rd world labor? fuck no

Do the math and realize that is just a meme and they take much more than they output.

not from us

What are you, Chinese?

>the real number line is a octuple [math] (\mathbb{R}, +, *, -, /, {0}, {1},

That's no sort of argument.

Just because a conclusion is unworkable, impractical, or unpopular, does not mean that that conclusion, and its entailed policy changes, are not right. And that's exactly what's going on in this case.

I had a professor who would always say he was "massaging the equation" when he did any kind of algebraic simplification. Really ticked me off for some reason.

>"moment"

kek i remember that thread

Wojtec/Gangl??

>be engineer
>look at homework problem
>the prof expects you to actually solve a differential equation

>if you do the cooking by the book

Oh fuck off you hysterical bitch. Those THREE (3) accidents of nuclear energy weren't even that bad. Fukushima was 6 years ago, and we haven't fucking died yet.

All our differential equations are linear and we learn about 5 methods to solve the same type.
If it's not linear, there's always wolframalpha

This would be funny if I wasn't like this as a freshman as well.

>China has plans to build 100 more nuclear reactors.

Chinks really are gonna surpass the West aren't they. Should I start learning cantonese or mandarin?

>use "blow up" to refer to divergent limits
>use "creatures" to refer to mathematical objects
>use "formula" to refer to an explicit mapping involving [math] \mapsto[/math]
>use "kill" to refer to terms that go to zero in the limit
>mumble "maybe I'll assign this as homework" to something that took 2 blackboards to derive, and do
>give out homework questions that are substantially harder than exam questions
>mfw I do all of this

>bu-bu-but muh chernobyl
>muh fukushima
Sooner or later we will have to adopt nuclear power, it is much cheaper that whatever solar and much more available that wind or hydro. The only real argument against nuclear power is safety, but the developing GenIV and Thorium reactors will BTFO that argument as well.

It's basically cost and safety, because increased safety generally involves increased costs, and with increased safety of gen4 reactors, we'll also get drastically reduced costs.

But yea, that's right.

>give out homework questions that are substantially harder than exam questions
implying that's a bad thing?

because of the halting of progress of nuclear power because of those fucking idiots, the carbon tipping point was passed almost 30 years ago
is manmade global warming just a meme? probably desu
do environmentalists/ leftists always seem to find a way to contradict themselves?
yes

newfag

>>use "kill" to refer to terms that go to zero in the limit
Eugene?

also instantly thought of this. kekkd hard

>The person presenting before me gave a good introduction to the topic so I'll skip this slide

>thinks they know what qualifies as living
Biosemiotician here
You must be a high school biology teacher

>implying they're not organisms

>Implying our inability to solve our ecological problems is a result of human agency.
Wew lad, the problem is in the structure and function of state-capitalist socio-economic/---(ecological) systems like the USA and China-global economy.
Fundemnetally non-adaptive and against our best interests.
>Not carrying about your environment
Basically, you're an idiot.
As an (deep) ecologist the word environmentalist grinds my gears.

Let it go

is that actually true?

>what is laplace

this just in from stack exchange

>th'envarnmenullists
take your meds and get some rest, Grandpa pls

>quotient rule
One of my classmates has a gay little rhyme
to help him remember the fckn quotient rule.

time travel is kind of possible, given enough energy. not backwards of course, but forwards.
>get a vehicle that can travel very fast. maybe even as fast as 0.5c in space
>wait a few months while at this speed.
>go back to earth, it has been more than a year passed while you were only away for a few months.
naturally an incredible amount of energy is required.

what the fuck, this is high school shit, why do they teach this in calculus university? first order diffy q, taylor series, convergence tests, these were all done in my high school. why do universities waste your time doing such elementary topics?

nice bait btw

i have no fucking idea. its america probably, they should have already done up to integration by parts and u-substitution as the MINIMUM mathematics knowledge by the end of high school.
I also hear they don't start complex numbers or any differential equations until in university. how is america still alive?

Mandarin, has a fucking lot more speakers, main language of china. All of the new chinese millionaires are mainlanders

>I tell him i already read about series on wikipedia.
kek

This

Climate Change is fake science

This

>attempt
>not just doing it
Kek, brainlets

>Textbook has answers in the back
>Only the odd problems are solved
>None of the proof is shown

>It's obvious when you know the proof

>What really grinds your gears?