Do Americans really eat this?

Do Americans really eat this?

I never have.

and that's usually just the appetizer

Ohioans do. It's delicious.

Went to Skyline once because my mom's family is from Ohio. It was supposed to be legendary so we asked them how they make the chili. Server said they just add water to a powder and heat it up.

Not me.

Ohiofag here.

Yes this is something many love around the Tri-State area.... BUT, Skyline / Goldstar is not the best representation... they're chains.

Shame that people who are introduced to Cincinnati-style chili are brought to either of those two simply because of their commonality, when there are several independent Mom n' Pop restaurants that do it way better. Kinda like taking someone who's never had a burger before to McDonalds instead of Five Guys.

Only once or twice a day.

Liar

>that skinny guy in the back with no cheese

Based

Is this what americans call skinny?

My breakfast

Skyline chili is good as fuck and I will FUCKING KILL YOU if you talk smack about it.

Only in Cincinnati.
Ohio - the weird ghetto state.

Where's the world famous spaghetti?

Technically I'm an American, and oh fuck I would so eat that...

Well...minus the onions...I fucking hate onions...

That's as common as McDonald's where I'm at.

Only ohioans and a select few others (kentucky and florida I know have skyline)
>not posting a 3+-way as an example of something strange with skyline
usually those chili cheese dogs have less cheese and more hot sauce

No. Even people in Cincinnati refuse to eat Skyline. They just trick tourists into eating it as a joke.

are those chili dogs

is a chili dog just a hot dog with chili

Cincinnatifag here.

Okay, yes, people do actually eat that stuff. Like some other anons said, Skyline is not the preferred version of this type of food; it's just the common chain version.
That being said, let's be real, nobody fucking eats that many at once. Seriously, the fattest, slobbest piece of shit I know in this city eats like 6, tops, and even that is a shocking amount.
The amount in that image is a joke.

Also:
>they didn't spring for Habanero cheese
>No visible Skyline hot sauce
>hardly any fucking oyster crackers what the fuck

Makes me want to walk down the street to order it and consume it correctly, just to counteract this awful image.

Nope OP. In the rest of the country we have real chili.

Of course, every other Tuesday as per national tradition

not sure i'd call cincinnatians people, much less americans

>Cincinnatifag here.

I am so sorry

Chili dogs? Yes. Skyline chili? No.

Pic related is from a place called Pink's in Los Angeles which is pretty famous for their chili dogs. It's more traditional chili, though, as opposed to the weird cinnamony stuff from Cincinnati.

Ohio is basically the south, which makes them basically not Americans

I eat this.

Why?

True. In fact, any red States as well.

Are you really gonna sit there and question Steak n Shake nigga?

This is very much a region-specific dish. It basically only exists in the Cincinnati, Ohio area of the US. I'm from the South and I'd never heard of this before I went to college in the midwest.

It's fucking delicious, though. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

>thinking that Five Guys is a good place to go to show off great burgers

Your flyover is showing.

so it's flyover food?

there's no such thing as "flyover food." that's a meme trash label. it's a regional-specific dish. it's a meat-based chili with no beans, usually spiced with more cinnamon than usual, served over spaghetti with cheddar cheese and red onions.

>it's a regional-specific dish.
Yeah, to flyover regions.

right, just like in france only paris exists, and in italy only rome and florence and venice exist, and neither of those countries or any other have regional dishes that are worth a damn.

Was just spouting something people here would recognize. I know there are high end, unknown local places that serve those gourmet burgers that you have to unhinge your jaw for.

>flyovers thinking that their food is comparable to the cuisines of europe

>califag
Looks like greasy shit

>yuro-worshipping self hater pretending like parisian cuisine or NYC food is good

Enjoy being the worthless, tragic whore of the nation forever and ever, your beloved "attention".

Stick with your plastic cheese and ground beef that your sister/wife cooked for you, Cletus.

I think American in Ohio do but hot dogs are different in other regions. Where I live it's basically a sauce (not chili more like spaghetti sauce) and mustard. Some people round here put onions, ketchup, kraut, chili sauce, etc.

Pink's is fuckin lit

Stay obsessed faggot

Triggered flyover detected.

do you not?

I want to go to America just so I can eat like this. There's nowhere to get absurdly excessive meals like this in Australia. Everything is either small or stupidly expensive.

who the fuck put cheese on those flint (flint) coneys?

If we want too

I always assumed you Aussos were pretty good at imitating American restaurants

can an american tell me about tuna casserole? it sounds terrible. is it a real food or just a movie character?

Do you want some food with your cheese?

We pay around US $4 just for a McChicken ffs.

>$4
Psh, we pay 4.99$ and 40% taxes!

They do. There is a reason they are obese.

>a movie character
I haven't laughed this much in a while.

Cleveland here, dont fucking mix me in with those inbreds from Cincy.

Moving to Columbus and never had a chili dog, any restaurant recommendations?

Cheese on a Coney is fucked up. Chili, yellow mustard and raw onions is the only option.

It's only a Cincinnati thing. Your are only going to find Skylines in Columbus.

Columbus is the gastropub and bespoke beer making city of the mid-west. There's a HUGE "foodie" scene there. Disproportionately large considering the population of Somali and Sudanese muslim refugees relocated into that city.

Went to Ohio State before going back to New York. 4 years in flyover land was enough for me. The upstate city of White Plains has a more impressive skyline than Columbus, sad.

>unmelted shredded cheese

Fucking yankees man. Maybe if they were made right I would eat something like that after a football game of day of yardwork.

In Texas that would be dessert

Steak n' Shake-kun, is that you?

I certainly believe that you are American

HOURLY
YUROPOOR
OBSESSION
THREAD

God this board is terrible.

Imagine the blockage.

I'm Canadian, so I'm 'American' simply by association with my southern neighbor...

It's freshly shredded, or at least doesn't have anticacking agents.

Grew up near Ohio and wasn't properly exposed to this shit until a Gold Star Chili came to town. Cincinnati style "chili" tastes about as good as it looks...orange, cinnamon tainted dog food goop. Opened cans of this stuff for mom's dog that looked and smelled more appetizing.

I've eaten some of that Gravy Train stuff back when I was young and poor...I didn't think they still made this desu...wasn't too bad on toast...

Really your only going to find these at like places known for having such meme foods. And those are rare. Odd mom and pop places

Don't worry, you'll be full fledged american as soon as we attack and "liberate" you. Then you can be as retarded as we are. You can't imagine the joys that await.

Chili mac sauce is 9 parts ketchup to 1 part Worcestershire sauce. You are welcome.

>Yeah don't take them to chain restaurant as an introduction
>Take them to this chain actually

Burgers aren't even hard. If i met someone who had never eaten a hamburger I'm gonna invite them over to eat a homemade one first. Barring that I'd go to a quality local burger joint,

>skinny

Jesus dude stop making us look bad

So, out of curiosity, since so many locals were saying that there were better places to get Cincinnati style chili dogs than Skyline or the other place (Goldstar?) I decided to yelp it up (I've never had it, and never been to Cincinnati, so I'm just curious) and these were the places that showed up with the best reviews (I limited it to just places that were chili based), so tell me what you think of them:
>Dixie Chili
>Blue Ash Chili
>Pleasant Ridge Chili
>The Chili Hut (food truck)
>Gourmet Chili
>Price Hill Chili

Also, what's up with those fucking awesome looking double decker sandwiches at some of those places? I'd eat those before I'd eat the chili dogs (not that I'm opposed to chili dogs, but those sandwiches look killer).

Camp washington gets my vote. Wish I lived around there so I could have more often. Fuck alexandria and Empress chili

Yeah, I meant to add Camp Washington to that list and forgot it.
I'm just curious, because we only hear about Skyline and Gold Star, and I know those can't be the only places, or even the best places.

wrong. in some states there are literally skyline chilis across from red-star chilis both serving hot-dogs/spaghetti with cinnamon chili and string cheese.

THATS TOO MUCH FUCKING CHEESE.

No wonder you guys are like 99% overweight.

Double decker sandwiches are also apparently a Cincinnati regional food, but because they're just sandwiches with a slice of bread in the middle, too, no one talks about them. I've never had one.

Literally every day: it's a legal requirement

Southern california is full of mexicans yet there is no authentic mexican food
>someone kill me

Louisville representing.

Did the Skyline Challenge in college while working one summer.

Ate 13 of those things in a humid and hot August before moving a truckload of shit. Ended up throwing it all up at the State Fairgrounds and to this day can't stop laughing at those half chewed wieners I left on the floor.

Are you kidding? Of course there is, you just haven't found it yet. People will ALWAYS be drawn to 2 things, junk food, and food that makes them feel comfy (i.e. local iterations of ethnic foods). That's why it's harder to find "authentic" versions of mexican food, or chinese food, or indonesian food, or even Italian food here in the US. We've been raised on junk food / americanized food by people who can't cook worth a shit.
Just go out and search for it, I guarantee you it's there.

That pic made me laugh way more than it should have.

I know that's a meme picture, but I've actually had that a couple times and it isn't bad.

Go Go Curry, Grand Slam: Pork cutlet, chicken cutlet, sausage, hard boiled egg and fried shrimp over bed of Japanese curry rice and some shredded cabbage that no one ever eats.

fuck you clevelandfag youre not welcome in the nasty natty anyways

Yes. It's called freedom.

Yeah, Cin City bitches!

...y-you ate dog food?

I will remind them

The official Skyline sauce is a joke. All it is is Tobasco® Sauce with extra vinegar. That's literally what it is, check the recipe for both. Also, I add my oyster crackers directly to my 4-way and stir it up. You'll never catch me eating a cracker with a drop of hot sauce like those pussies upriver.

What's the real difference between
>3 way
>4 way
>5 way