Why would you want to put butter and coconut oil in their coffee...

Why would you want to put butter and coconut oil in their coffee? It would taste terrible so are there health benefits or some shit?

>Butter in coffee

Do americans actually do this?

no.

Because its an easy way to get some desperately needed calories.

Ive tried it, it adds a nutty flavour to the coffee but it gets oily as fuck, i dont recomend it unless you have a hangover

For the love of Harambe dont do it with margarine

Damn... So this is the power of the American education system...

>It would taste terrible
It doesn't.

After visiting Vietnam, it's hard to drink coffee without condensed milk in it. That shit may kill you quick, but damn is it delicious

That much seems gross but a little bit might add to the flavour

Low carb diets recommend this. It's to add fat to your daily intake. I've tried and honestly doesn't taste great.

Some quack was selling "bulletproof" coffee where he'd tell you you could boost your brain power by ingesting a mug full of fresh creamery butter mixed with "special" coffee made from special filtered water.
Instead of buying their overpriced shit, people took him seriously and started blending butter into their morning coffee themselves.
The whole point was never to drink butter, it was just an excuse for them to sell you expensive coffee beans and "fresh non-GMO" butter.

it's to kill off dieting fad fatties quicker

For me, it's a pure glass of water to brew my coffee.

Ketofags starve themselves because OOOOHHH NUUUUU MUH GRAAIINNNSSSSSSSSS so they need every calorie source they can get, even if it's literally eating a block of butter or else they go into full starvation mode.

Not really the same, but don't they do yak or goat butter in coffee and tea in southeast Asia? It isn't insane.

The bulletproof coffee guy is a nut tho, agreed.

Shhh, if poor Asians do it then it's okay.

Remember, it's only ever okay to be racist against white people. Fucking cishet.

>starvation mode

yep, i'm on Veeky Forums

t. 28% bodyfat desperate to lose the pounds fast

Stop embracing fad diets and work out instead of shitposting on this board, retard.

sounds good to me.

i cringe every time I hear someone say muh starvation mode. Its an excuse for fat fucks with no self control to eat all day. fasting here and there is fine. Oh and there isnt really anything wrong with a lot of "fad diets" either. You actually will lose weight, but still need a new stable diet when youre done eating nothing but nutrasystem bars and grapefruits.
in fact, I did a strict nutrasystem diet while still working out a little, i was so fucking hungry the entire week and lost 5 pounds while in "starvation mode".
i wish that meme would die.

It was just coconut oil he was selling and people got memed

It does taste good though

Butter is just cream. There is probably a certain amount of butter that suites your taste the same as cream does. If you drink coffee without cream already if you don't like cream, you will probably not like butter.

It doesn't kick in for a while, but when it does it sucks. I was 240lbs and lost 60lns and by the time I was off of my heavy cut, I hit starvation mode. But it took a long time and you can work yourself out of it. Losing 5lbs in a week can be multiple factors too. Aside from water weight and fat, losing rapidly can mean losing muscle too. And if you're trying to build muscle and lose fat it's a whole new game. Weight is a poor way to accurately calculate progress anyway.

I've got no dog in this fight, but how do you know you were in "starvation mode"? Were you calorie counting? Lower bodyweight means lower maintenance calories, so if you were on say a 5% cut, TDEE minus 5% after 60 pounds is no longer the same calories as it was 60 pounds ago

muh energy
muh medium chain triglycerides

Losing the weight was a factor in less calories needed, but at the time I was on 1300/day for about a year and a half, one cheat day a week of 2000 or less cals. My recommended intake is 2250/day. For a while I gained fat (about 8lbs) eating 2100 a day but it balanced out in time and I eat about 2400/day and am now slowly losing fat with decent muscle gainz.

The body naturally shuts down to preserve itself but it takes a lot of effort to go that far. As above user said a lot of fatties use it as an excuse. The short of it is I consumed below my recommended minimal just to maintain organ functions at full use and still gained a little far back over the time it took to get out of that mode. The only explanation I can come up with is that my body was functioning as efficiently as possible because I was in no way hitting my daily intake requirements. But I'm a bit of an extreme case where I lost 2-3lbs a week on average. Sometimes 4.

For a second there I was wondering "Why did the army give you condensed milk?" but then I remembered Vietnamese coffee is a thing and its fucking GOAT