Do I need a high level STEM degree to work for the NSA?

>Do I need a high level STEM degree to work for the NSA?

Other urls found in this thread:

nsa.gov/careers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

maths degree
number theory

probably not but you need to at least be able to use google to find the NSA's website and look at their career postings

No, they actually recruit primarly direct feom cs and math undergrads.

T. I'm in their 3 year training program.

No, that's a myth, they employ all disciplines.

You do need a warped sense of ethics, no empathy whatsoever, and twisted politics. A diagnosis of psychopathy would be a plus.

Kek

>OP why would you wanna work there?
Good luck my naive-tard

If you want to work on the tech side of things then yeah, probably a technology focused high STEM degree would be useful. You can do a math degree if you want to do cryptography. They will hire people with liberal arts degrees for intelligence analysis.

no you just need to be a bootlicking cuck who wants to spy on innocent people without a warrant

>thinking this is what the NSA is about

enjoy being ignorant for the rest of your life.

Is the 3 year training program something you start while you're still studying or after you've graduated?

Cryptography is what got me into math/cs so the NSA is something that I'm interested in.

pretty sure if cryptography is what you want to do then you need a phd.

Isn't their hiring process stupidly long? I was gonna apply, but then I saw online that some people were saying they had 4+ month interviewing/hiring processes. Sounded like a nightmare.

>4 months

Lol that would be nice. If you need at TS clearance, could be over a year.

depends on the clearance you need and how well you understand the process but the good thing is that they cover all travel costs.

mass surveillance does not make us safer

just guessing but I would say they probably have janitor and administrative staff that just about anyone with a clean criminal background qualifies for.

4 months is probably the very minimum. Assuming they don't have a backlog of applications and the top secret clearance process isn't also backlogged due to not enough interviewers, it might take close to a year. After Snowden, they're extra careful and thorough about anyone they allow to be read in to most programs.

depends if you think a BS is high level

most jobs have a 2+ month interviewing/hiring process just because hr staff is lazy

Depends what job you are fishing for:

nsa.gov/careers/