Do you dislike seafood?

Do you dislike seafood?
If so, what are your reasons for not liking seafood?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_MWQ9WDlvsE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like seafood. thank you for asking

Seafood is tasty as hell. I'd become a pescetarian if not for the dangerously high levels of mercury and other toxins found in seafood these days.

you can thank burning coal for that.

I hate seafood. I think its because my parents hate it too so I never ate it growing up.

Stick to smaller and lower-end-of-the-food-chain creatures. You're gonna have to give up tuna, swordfish (y tho) and other larger shit but things like squid, salmon and cod are still delicious.

Most 1st world coal plants already cut ~90% of emissions (they are caught in filtration processes). Chinese and Indian Methyl Mercury is what's in your fish

But I am delicious

I like it now. I grew up in a mostly vegetarian household so getting used to the taste and texture of meat took a while.

>burning coal

I should add that most seafoods and pig and other unclean meats were not allowed in our house because they were unclean (SDA).

That's really sad to here user, sorry you had to go through that.

i like fish with scales & gills, like salmon/tuna...secret weakness for squid/octopus
but FUCK eating shrimp/crab/lobster, that shit's like eating big ass bugs

Technically, yes, you are eating sea bugs (people that tried fried spiders and other critters in SEAsia say they taste exactly like crab) but don't let that get to you :)

I love seafood I'd eat it much more often but good quality seafood is always a little out of my price range, though I do splurge when sockeye salmon is in season because it's my absolute favorite fish

If bugs are the shrimp and lobster equivalent, what about oysters and clams?

Yes you are, Mr Fisk.

They're just their own thing

Snails and slugs. They're literally the same phylum: mollusks.

I love seafood, but I'm landlocked, so it's a luxury for me just to get it frozen.

thanks

You're welcome.
Is that a herring?

Your dish looks like it's been soaking in the ketchup fluid that builds up over time and flows to the top. Very unappealing. No wonder people dislike seafood.

Lobster is fucking delicious

I want to get back into crawfish and soft shell crab

Atlantic "Norwegian" Mackerel

My mom and grandma always just chucked the whole damn fish in the fryer and it always stunk up the house. Even kept the scales and head and all, it was disgusting.

Also, awaken my quints

I like seafood but buy it rarely because the cost to taste ratio is completely unbalanced.

Yes, smell is horrifying and the texture is like wet chicken.
I used to eat crab and I can't knock the taste at all, it's good shit, but I haven't eaten seafood of any kind in 20 years. The smell is impossible for some people to overcome, I vomit after 20 seconds, the nausea is real.
These might not be good reasons, but they are my reasons.

I'm fucking terrified of cooking anything but steak and hamburger anyways, I can not manage to keep from getting sick. I would cook other meats if I had a deep fryer however.

it's expensive

Smoked mackerel is God tier

Everything that comes from the ocean is a joke.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_MWQ9WDlvsE

Do people hate it that much? I love the fishy smell you get when you walk up to the seafood counter in a supermarket

>cod is no longer considered a large fish

I don't dislike it, I just don't understand why people pay so much for it.

and seafood is always better when you catch and prepare it yourself

btw some of the best food I ate in my 4 months living in Spain were snails from a streetside stand. They tasted very seafood-y, but they're so fun to suck out of the little curved and twisted shell.

I like fish just fine, if it's properly cooked.
Not a fan of prawns, don't really like the taste.
No experience with other seafood; why pay for something I might not like and have to throw out?

I'm Jewish.

I like fish, though.

>always wanted good cheap lobster
>lobster is seen as a luxury practically everywhere because it has to be shipped live

It is fine, I had no idea what I was missing so it made it easy.

Opposite reason for me, my parents ate it regularly but for the longest time my mother liked this one variety/recipe that flooded the whole house with a terrible stench every time she made it which utterly killed any interest in anything outside of a can for me.

Go to where the lobster comes from, user. Expensive imported lobster is shit. Cheap local lobster is tasty.

one day I'll go to maine
one day

There are some issues to be worked out if you're an American with far off fantasies of getting to fucking Maine

>in college
>can't afford to take any vacations

- smells bad
- mercury