Kierkegaard is the most brilliant mind to grace philosophy in centuries

Kierkegaard is the most brilliant mind to grace philosophy in centuries

Objective best and only important philosophers: Socrates, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche

Socrates didn't even objectively exist

No shit. Doesn't change my point

back to /r/atheism, friendo

>Not including Camus and Hegel
literally basic bitch shit

Try to explain why reals > feels without resorting to feels to make your case.

>le French muh meaningless man
Please get out

ishgddt

analtards out

How so?

what's so great about him

>Kierkegaard is the most brilliant mind to grace philosophy in centuries
Don't know about this, but he's definitely one of the comfiest philosophers. Feels like a true friend.

replace Socrates with Aristotle and you've got a deal

People say this, but they never back it up.

Move on to Spinoza, already. (Oh wait, Spinoza came centuries before. Ouch)

what's good about spinoza unless you're autistic? with no affective component, philosophy is nothing. do geometric proofs of monism really satisfy you, you utter dweeb? better i suppose than vaunting spinoza as a hollow pretense to superiority (anonymous as you are), but somehow this is my surmise. what's more? you type like a chain-tweeting undergraduate with not much going on for him. your canned regurgitation of nothing other than the name of a philosopher doesn't fool me. this isn't the problem though. rather, you've succeeded in fooling yourself. your identity as-such is counterfeit and barely perceptible. why don't you really just kill yourself? i'm quite sure your life won't get better

>Le Leap of Faith Man

you express yourself poorly

i suppose posting this image, some greentext with the illimitable "le," means you've proven something to somebody, but does it substitute for a thought? this doesn't even constitute arrogance or solipsism because they at least require a little sui generis or motive force. you are literally just a vessel for niche bits of phrase and pictures hinting at an opinion, however couched in irony it may be. made by people marginally less facile than you, maybe even made to be humorous and pointed. but what is it with you, a silent emission? an excuse to put off becoming a human a while longer? quit your job and enter deep analysis

if christian bale was aalewis, this would be his cameraman rant

again you lack the psychic equipment, the basic humanity, to meaningfully respond to attempts at communication. maybe you aren't shall we say neurotypical, but regardless i find you repugnant. tell me something about spinoza , user. how's he develop his monism?

>Kierkegaard never used the phrase "leap of faith" in his entire authorship.

Way to give away the fact that you don't know what you're talking about.

I wasn't the guy you were replying to, friend

>again you lack the psychic equipment, the basic humanity, to meaningfully respond to attempts at communication.

what a horrible, stilted way to say something that didn't need to be said. someone who doesn't respond to a rant lacks "basic humanity" and "psychic equipment"? how about "brains" or "competence"?
you don't have to write like this -- there is a better way

>maybe you aren't shall we say neurotypical, but regardless i find you repugnant.

"Shall we say"? 'Maybe you have a mental illness, but despite your having a mental illness, and not because of it, I find you repugnant, based on a four word post'? is that your final answer, user?

>tell me something about spinoza , user. how's he develop his monism?

again, I'm not the person you're replying to, but I highly doubt 'how does Spinoza develop his monism?' is, if a decent question, answerable in a Veeky Forums post

your writing is turgid and and your tone is affected and desperate

please stop

I don't really get Kierkegaard. What's up with the whole seat you take in a theater shtick in Repetition?

>99 >99 >99 >99
>christian bale
and see i'm doing it now. shall we break this post down?

>christian bale
an actor known here for the bad films which damage your sense of reality. here, the name brought to mind obviously his portrayal of patrick bateman. though i assume you watch a lot of horseshit he could be in

>aalewis
apparently a reddit user. i suppose he's pathetically namedropped on reddit in reference to 'in this moment, i am euphoric'. however, it's somewhat wrongheaded to accuse me of this for two reasons (if you'll allow me to lay them out axiomatically):

definitions:

1. aalewis is an atheist
2. aalewis is the sort of atheist who is critical of religion
3. aalewis is the sort of critic who harbors personal resentment and/or contempt for religion and/or specific religious people
5. i am religious
6. i am not an atheist

axioms:
i am not aa lewis (3,5,6)

>cameraman rant
so you've outed yourself as a directionless internet whore consuming. why do you know about this? why are you not ashamed to?

lol
is this a troll?

>I wasn't the guy you were replying to, friend
oh and now i suppose it's time for you to 'tell me how it is' so to speak? you have assumed the role of the Veeky Forums corrector? this is an adult board, Veeky Forums, after all. what could be more adult than what we regularly engage in here? i'm sure this will be a superlative post nonetheless

>what a horrible, stilted way to say something that didn't need to be said. someone who doesn't respond to a rant lacks "basic humanity" and "psychic equipment"? how about "brains" or "competence"?
you don't have to write like this -- there is a better way
well there is no attempt at humor, banter or the like. but this after all a serious post that will put me in my place, no? i am grateful for this, and so, believe me, are all the countless posters spectating. in terms of the actual criticism i have nothing to say to you, in the past your flybynight, brainless attempts at developing a sense of taste and tasteful speech would be limited to the resume-padding kids you desperately volunteer to tutor

>"Shall we say"? 'Maybe you have a mental illness, but despite your having a mental illness, and not because of it, I find you repugnant, based on a four word post'? is that your final answer, user?
then there is an attempt at humor, though exhibitionist and phoned in in a way reminiscent of certain websites

>again, I'm not the person you're replying to, but I highly doubt 'how does Spinoza develop his monism?' is, if a decent question, answerable in a Veeky Forums post

and to top it off you don't know anything about spinoza. join, i'm inviting you to join the other poster. it is a decent question, open to answers of varying detail. no attempt however

>your writing is turgid and and your tone is affected and desperate
again please save these bromides for the girls in ap english

>please stop
you are trash my boy

this is like a tin-eared harold bloom, stretched for length, and with all of the adjectives and idioms replaced with near, not-quite synonyms

you respond to every reply with a violently autistic diatribe, it's not right, no one should have to read writing like yours

>lol
what sort of tack are you taking here faggot? this appears to me as like a basic asscovering. either it's funny because i'm a troll and you're in on the joke or what have you. otherwise it's funny because, alternately, you are superior to me. but how should i take it? it isn't for me, then, but for spectators and fans on Veeky Forums of all places, that is, your spectators, your fans. pathetic and conveys a profound insecurity. can you really not take a position even when there is nothing at stake?

reminder that Veeky Forums is a satirical board.
noone here reads or is literate

>this is like a tin-eared harold bloom, stretched for length, and with all of the adjectives and idioms replaced with near, not-quite synonyms
again you're lacking in any real sting because
this opinion is not quite your own. perhaps you're a reflection of the bitter, childish and don't forget stupid impulses that ground most every litpost. you are a full time Veeky Forums hobbyist, you are not a reader, not a thinker, not worth anything. straining for an insult is at least suggestive of a spine. this pretends to be above an insult, some kind of dismissal, when really you love this, crave it and want to keep going like the nicest part of masturbating. that, really, is low.
>you respond to every reply with a violently autistic diatribe, it's not right, no one should have to read writing like yours
this is just, and whatever anyone's opinion of my writing might be that is beside the point, an unformed collection of Veeky Forums argot and haughtiness. but you're not mad, not in the slightest. this wouldn't be a crime. are you waiting from a friendly reply, some third party? whynot samefag and have it done with? what are you waiting for you ass?

>reminder that Veeky Forums is a satirical board.
>noone here reads or is literate
you don't know anything about satire or Veeky Forums. there is nothing you can do but wallow inbetween on this site, covering you basic addiction to replies and simulated social transactions with irony, """satire""", another highbrow abstraction you don't really understand, another hobby you aren't really into? please tell me more about lit (really more about yourself). no but this is more honest than facebook, twitter, insta right? keep telling me bud

dude you're autism is showing

>dude you're autism is showing
please continue friend. we're taking this to it's logical conclusion. how can you continue to be superior? how long can you narrativize this interchange where no one is the winner into one in which you are?

please, the anger is okay, it's kind of endearing really, just try to express yourself in a less disgusting way

nothing I've written here "has strained to be above an insult"; I am insulting you because you are very bad

>please, the anger is okay, it's kind of endearing really, just try to express yourself in a less disgusting way
continue, please keep on this. what i'm doing, i'm enjoying this strategem. will you keep replying indefinitely. i know i will, i'm inexhaustible, and if i always reply how will this square in the history book? you need to tell me i'm angry--you're certainly not--and you definitely don't write like you're freelancing for buzzfeed

>nothing I've written here "has strained to be above an insult"; I am insulting you because you are very bad
the masquerade will continue. i don't expect you to admit of anything, i only expect you to get upset. don't worry, though, there's no way i could possibly find out

mods please ban this guy
his intellect makes mine feel inadequate

whether sarcastic or not i do not condone this
h a

e
t
h
e
r

this is like a lit shitposting vending machine: you put in a little post and a whole autistic polemic comes out!

say more stuff!

Wow, I haven't read a post this wooden since www.Reddit.com/r/memes. You are very bad at writing. Also, you're hella autismoid lol

>this is like a lit shitposting vending machine: you put in a little post and a whole autistic polemic comes out!
please hold up. i'm past helping, so you've decided, but what about you? this is my sole criterion for a partner. that is, in this shitposting dialectic. you aren't trash kiddo. i'm asking you to stay in the thread.

what more do you want from me? you're bad at writing and aggressively self-unaware and that's all I know and all I ever want to know about you

I'm just working with the turds you've given me, boss, and only isofar as they're turds

>Wow, I haven't read a post this wooden since www.Reddit.com/r/memes. You are very bad at writing. Also, you're hella autismoid lol
i really suppose you're replying to yourself now. although i don't really see your angle here. i am totally indifferent to being tricked. whatever disposition you have taken to this will only console you, the damaged one. i am only going to continue. my sole vocation is to post, and to posts to contravene your posts, contentless and yet contemptible i will reply. and if what i'm saying isn't, in a sense, the truth, then what? in a sense i am

you are now replying once again to your own self reply, what's next?

again a breakdown is in order
>aggressively self-unaware
this seems about on par with what an aliterate youtube junkie could muster up: you have no sense of language or what sounds good, that is to say. there is no substance behind you and i think maybe you're aware of this. as said in the foregoing this doesn't matter.

>turds...boss
yes, i think the proximity here is enough to pass for humor? two words some user might not expect you to use? waiting, with me, for the hearty kek

no, I haven't samefagged, that would be disgusting and, in this case, pretty weird

as you've seen, it's hard to really get through to someone when you're mocking him for his pathological inability to take mockery to heart, so I'm gonna let this go, user

you can't be into K and N at the same time

N went mad from despair, the dionysian path always leads there, that's why we have traditions that point people away from it. kierke belonged to that tradition

>you can't be into K and N at the same time

I disagree and I think they were far more similar than it popularly imagined.

The leap of faith and the overman are not irreconcilable concepts and both rely heavily on the theme of transcendence.

along with camus they're my three favourite philosophers and I think camus is pretty much what you get when you combine the two

>psychic equipment

Truth is subjectivity, friendo
>reading Hegel over the first five pages of K's satirical Sickness Unto Death

Parminedes should also be the first philosopher people read.

I agree; you get the adherence to tradition and morality from Kierkegaard and the will to fight against the darkness from Nietzsche all cooked up into one Arab-slaying, chainsmoking stew

Pfft nahhhh

>Augustine, Kierkegaard, Wittgenstein

Poo

You're right. He was Danish. How could he say "leap of faith," newfriend?

lmao, that picture is pretty ironic considering Nietzsche was the one who killed himself.