Anyone try these?

Anyone try these?
they brag about you being able to eat the packaging to avoid plastic, but videos show you having to peel off a layer before consuming
if that layer can't be eaten, doesn't that defeat the purpose?
and how can i find out what that outer layer is made of?
I have a bet going that it's actually made of plastic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/chm166P9Rw0
fao.org/docrep/x5822e/x5822e03.htm
youtu.be/7d1G5WuwYkw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is a gallon of spring water too much for you?
Shut up.

I bet aliens invented this to steal our water.

Oh boy, a whole half-mouthful of water in one convenient package!

It's made of a thin layer of algae. They drop frozen spheres into an algae slurry and when the ice melts the water is trapped in the algae layer.

So you eat the algae? How tough is it? Any taste?

The whole concept is stupid because the membrane is delicate and csn only hold a mouthful of water. In order to market them they'll need to be packaged, probably in plastic bags, which makes the whole endeavor pointless.

that's what I'm trying to figure out
In the ads i saw, you see them peel off one layer, eat another layer, and drink the inside
so what's the outer peel made of if it's not edible?
and how is that not wasteful?

Is algae sturdy enough to keep out contaminants, dust, etc. and not break apart in delivery?

I could see this have some kind of value in a zero gravity environment.

I'm pretty sure people are just going to end up throwing these things at each other. The fun of that outweighs the half sip of water

Yeah, I don't see them ever being practical much for anything in our lifetime. Maybe someone 100 years later will find some weird use for it?

youtu.be/chm166P9Rw0

if the membrane keeps out sea water maybe there is some benefit to having a ball of fresh water in the ocean idk

surely the application is preserving fruits and veg. currently the wax they use is disconcerting

>An endless supply of water flying around the universe
>Go to the extent of Inventing a new hipster way of consuming water to steal our water

Why? Explain?

Nah, they would burst from the g forces they go through as they're being transported through the atmosphere.

Oh yeah. I guess they are shit then?

shamwow guy got younger?

underrated

But the pure water of the earth is the new hipster alien shit. Prices keep rising. Just like the Acqua di Cristallo Tributo a Modigliani in the pic. $60,000 per 750 ml for humans. Aliens pay the double price.

>but videos show you having to peel off a layer before consuming
>if that layer can't be eaten, doesn't that defeat the purpose?

The outer one that you peel off is there so that the inner layer (which you consume) doesn't get dirty. Did you really need that explained?

This seems like a solution to a non problem. If people would just get in a habit to reuse their water bottles there would be no problem.

>Biodegradable in 4-6 weeks, just like a piece of fruit
>Fresh (shelf life of a few days)

It's a novelty.

I get that
but no one has explained what the peel is made of
do I'm just assuming it's made of plastic
meaning it may as well be a water bottle

On the off chance it's just a 2nd algae layer, the texture can still choke animals, trap sea life, etc

>the texture can still choke animals, trap sea life, etc

KEK
I missread it like that:
the texture can still choke animals, traps, sea life, etc

but the point is, you can't ingest a bottle of water even if it's made of edible materials

I want to inject color, fruit flavors, and sugar into them and sell them by the dozen in large red net bags.

>do I'm just assuming it's made of plastic
>meaning it may as well be a water bottle
Not really. The amount of plastic to make a water bottle and the amount to coat one of these doofy orbs is way different. You could coat a lot more of these with the same amount of plastic.

THAT SAID I don't think it's plastic. The way it tears don't look like plastic, so it's probably some algae film or something.

It's made of the same material, some kind of edible biodegradable algae bioplastic.

Bioplastic is not revolutionary, it's been around for a while even if technology is developing rapidly. Sure, algae is new, they used potatoes or palm before.

If you make the bottle out of a hard gummy, you could eat the whole thing.
You wouldn't be able to close it though, unless the cap is also made of gummy and you seal it in such a way that you wouldn't be able to screw it back on.

if only there was some more convenient, reusable, packaging for water that would allow you to hold more than one mouthful at a time...oh well

>Yeah, I don't see them ever being practical much for anything in our lifetime.

The manufacturers have suggested it could be used at water stations for marathons and other running events, which actually does make sense as there's often a ton of discarded plastic bottles to clear up after those. Bit niche though.

Water fights of the future with water guns that shoot little water pellets,

Fill them with saline solution and have super safe anal beads.

No more wasting condoms on fake blood packs.

No more lifting that heavy glass of water, now you just grab a ball sip from your water bowl and chow down.

What the hell even is this post?
I'm scared.

Look up videos of people drinking water in space. It's pretty messy. Having a self-contained ball would solve that problem.

water is like that in a zero gravity environment already you dont need some hipster trash around it

you found some good uses for the little balls of water
I hereby appoint you as the leader of the creative team from the marketing department

The point of those is to eliminate waste

>but videos show you having to peel off a layer before consuming
You know a small bit of plastic wrap is 100x less waste than an entire fucking bottle?

get a lot of grandpa over here

they have straws to combat that issue

What's that

>Water fights of the future with water guns that shoot little water pellets,

This already happened and flopped

A plastic tube used for drinking

I don't follow

This

Zero-calorie snacking for anal queens

did you just have that image on hand or did you have to go looking, you gem you

XPLODERZ

>flopped

retail worker here.
nah, this shit was popular as hell. the hype for it did die down but I wouldnt really say it was considered a flop.

>white people will eat algae but won't drink from a water fountain

If it's a lifeform it's our right by dominion to devour it.

You can also just reuse plastic bottles.

That's because niggers use the water fountains, and we all know they never wash what with their stink.

You lost me.

Deep

Yuropoors can't into cups.

Nice palindromic numbers, oh yeahhh

wow those numbers

uunnghhnhhghn

what are those, just smaller "raindrop cakes" that were selling for like $200 usd earlier this year? lel.

I made one of those and brought it in to work and blew everyone's fucking minds, and they're so simple too, don't get the appeal. Tastes like fucking nothing and it's not even hydrating.

>gulping down an unraveled condom

no, they aren't
those are filled with liquid water
raindrop cakes are beautiful tho it really >tastes like fucking nothing

Then just recycle the plastic bottles
Then just use a tap water filter
Then just drink tap straight
Then just use a water cooler and refill the gallon at the water store whenever you run out

Drinking freshwater has never been a problem for mankind for the past half century so why the fuck do you need this dumbass shit instead of just using any of numerous solutions that are both way cheaper and way more practical? To eliminate waste? Just fucking don't be a wasteful piece of shit then. Sort your garbage out, recycle and shit.

It was developed by a team full of Indians. Have you ever seen pics of urban India? They literally don't understand how trash bins work.

says the fat american cunt that packs everything in plastic

Why are you so envious of Americans? Calm down, your blood pressure must be soaring. Just move here if you want to be among the best.

>envious
>Just move here if you want to be among the best.
No thank you. I prefer real food and real culture.

Best at delusions and superiority complexes

Haha, upvoat :)

He is right though. We do have that issue here. There's no reason to get so defensive.

Agar is hardly new. The Japanese have been using since before WW2 (ahead of time again filthy gaijins etc etc).

You can make one of these yourself quite readily with agar powder and mineral water.

They only sell in australia because they aren't allowed to have airsoft guns

this isn't a rainbowcake
the shell is algea, the water inside is free from agar

Kek thanks

which algea do they use? agar agar?

Agar has been used in Europe since the 18th century for scientific experiments. It's a relatively new thing for dirty japs.

>dirty japs
kys
dont call them dirty

>proud tradition of scientfic experiments
> 1881 to gel culture broths when preparing solid culture media and this was the first introduction of this oriental product to Europe.
oriental product to Europe
fao.org/docrep/x5822e/x5822e03.htm

>proud tradition of scientific experiments

He's just jealous because after the Meiji Restoration japan out wested the west.

This. it's just another dumb millennial/hipster trap.
"Look guys we're saving the environment by not using any packaging!" while paying 4x the price for.
It's like they don't know that there's a thing attached to their sink that dispenses water.

>not that user but
yes you'd do that normally. this isn't for normal circumstances though, it's for circumstances where those options are not available or create too much litter. if you don't like them then don't use them.

see
do you people literally fucking think that this thing is intended to replace all water bottles everywhere? good god.

kek

Enjoy your toxins and estrogen

>You could coat a lot more of these with the same amount of plastic.
[CITATION NEEDED]

Enjoy your modern day miasma theory

SCURRY TOXINS IN THE AIR, BETTER RUN NU-MALE

how dureable are they? can you use them outside or will they just break?

>he's scared of estrogen & toxins
I bet you drink tap with a filter too, huh buttcunt? There's nothing wrong with a little grime, it adds character

Please, by all means, keep using the same old cheap plastic bottles. If it tastes bad, ignore it. Doesn't mean there's actually anything wrong with the water. Tap water is the purest water on Earth, after all, and it never ever gets contaminated. Drink up!

Items like these are often created to the benefit of handicap people. These companies sell them to normalfags who are willing to pay more for convenience to make back money they waste on this making this product.

so would you eat that chewy jelly
this person with oral fixation, me, would enjoy shit outta it
people will get an interesting new cultural thing to be lewd around

I can already see all the choking lawsuits though

These are clearly for the benefit of nature, not the benefit of handicapped people.

youtu.be/7d1G5WuwYkw

For me, it's a ball of algea in water. Not the other way around.

I've heard they taste disgusting in the videos I've seen.

You watched videos about this?
Link?