I fucking hate this Reddit cunt so much...

I fucking hate this Reddit cunt so much. He's so fucking annoying he's like a 15 year old wearing a "I fucking love science" shirt.

I hate him. For his grilled cheese sandwich he started acting all fucking uppity and then he went out and fucking grilled it on a BBQ in his yard. Does the shithead not realise the appeal to a grilled cheese is its easiness to make? And don't even get me started on when he fucking microwaves the water for his "perfect coffee" recipe.

I HATE HIM.

Other urls found in this thread:

dilmahtea.co.uk/facts-of-tea/facts_of_tea_05_why_should_one_never_reboil_water_when_brewing_tea/#.WPUCkHPRbqA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Glad I'm not the only one. Only guy I know who manages to make cooking tedious and unfun

Fuck off.

>Complaining about how someone boils water

So this is what Autism is like, huh?

>Americans boil their water in the microwave

Cool story bro

it's like Kelsey Grammer and Beakman's World got together to edutain people about the patrician way of cooking

sorry, not sorry you're a pleb, OP

he tries to do what test kitchen does, make a "perfect dish". i dont like the sound of that. he takes the creative out of cooking

>edutain
Heh

Really? I love Alton Brown from his Good Eats days. Learned a lot and found the show very entertaining.

Maybe you're just a stupid cunt, op, have you considered that possibility?

My grandmother had autism, she died in the war

You must be dumb as fuck.
By learning the techniques, methods etc, and the reason for using each technique or method you can apply them in your cooking to create the textures and flavours you require.
Without knowing why you're doing what you're doing you might as well just follow a recipe book.

who are these semen demons

Agreed. He's turned an entire generation of latchkey kids into opinionated jerkoffs with this I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE edutainment crap. People who never did and never should have cared about cooking now get to be "into food" because the television happened to be tuned to a clown who catered to their ADHD long enough to get them to think maybe they can put something on a pan and not die. Now they're polluting the internet with their strong, stupid opinions about steak and cast iron

I get it, you know what "maillards" means and you love the smell of your own farts, now shut the fuck up

>hurrrr don't have useful devices in your kitchen

He microwaves water.

His face says "I'm extremely from Seattle"

His live show is great. Genuine and funny. Moreover...the dude just likes food. I can respect that even though he hates on mushrooms. Most everyone has food quirks, he has his own and wears them on his sleeve to everyone without being a bitch about it.

Plus he's inspired an entire legion of people to man the fuck up and get in the kitchen and cook. I mean he's not my favorite celebrity cook or anything but I don't see why anyone could outright hate the guy.

Good Eats was great before Reddit and Veeky Forums existed.

Please kill yourself

Except when he uses an electric kettle in later episodes and advocates for their use

I liked his whys and wherefores from Good Eats. However, I had to turn it off sometimes because his cutesy attempts at humor were too annoying.

He injects these false Ah's into his heavily prepared monologue to make it seem ad-lib. And ah, it's so fucking annoying once you, ah, know that's what he's, ah, doing.

>I had to turn it off sometimes because his cutesy attempts at humor were too annoying.

He overacts in his attempts to be cute.... like he's compensating for something.

The guy probably slaps that poor kid around as soon as the cameras turn off.

What's wrong with microwaving water?

Is this another Leaf thread?

Nothing. Microwaves don't suddenly poison water or make it taste different. He just gets triggered simply by hearing the word "microwave"

>He just gets triggered simply by hearing the word "microwave"

Either that or the idea of carefully selecting the proper temperature of water for brewing coffee triggers him.

the secret to a good grilled cheese sandwich is using mayo instead of butter, although I bet charcoal grilling one would be delicious. Its a shame he's such a doucher

I like that he teaches techniques rather than recipes. I can understand disliking his manner, but that's no reason to flame him on an user board.

>mayo instead of butter

The secret to the perfect grilled cheese is to take two slices of bread, throw them in the trash because white bread is useless emot carbs and make some real food instead you fucking losers.

>I fucking hate this Reddit
dropped it

get some original criticism if you want to seem intelligent you dumbass

Alton used to be cool but he became a pretentious faggot around the time he shed all the weight he put on for Feasting on Asphalt. He spends way too much time flaunting his knowledge over actually teaching people how to cook. He even had the gall to claim you needed a dual degree in chemistry and television just to operate a show like Good Eats.

It's kinda sad watching him decay. The man used to eat steak and corn dogs and not give a fuck. Now he spends every waking hour giving too much of a fuck, he doesn't even know how to riff himself anymore.

It makes everyone see him as an ivory tower molecular gastronomic type instead of a human being.

So you hate him because of his fans? That's stupid.

p typical desu

all leafs should be range banned tbqh

females

who?

Thank god I don't even have a tv anymore.

OP: lel grilled cheese isn't grilled cheese Amerilards you fry fake cheese XD
>Alton puts real cheese on a real grill
OP: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>People who never did and never should have cared about cooking
Everyone should care about cooking, you cock-sock.

He's from the South you mong.

It makes the bread crispier in the same amount of cooking time, though it imparts less flavor than butter.

>grilled cheese can only be made with white bread

>hurr having preferences is le syndrome

It's called don't get trolled moron. Welcome to Veeky Forums.

Think about what mayonnaise is. Egg, oil, vinegar emulsified. You get a nice crisp crust on your bread without having to full-on fry it.

Some prefer to think people are acting in good faith you dumb nigger

Literally everyone should care about cooking, you fuck nut. It's that people don't care about it anymore that's the issue.

people like you are why "foodie" is an insult

I have one. It was a gift for when I moved into my apartment. They're not that bad. I would still prefer a regular kettle but it does the job.

I was skeptical when I first heard about this, but try it senpai, it's amazing

for this purpose would salad dressing work too? (say like miracle whip)

No. Too much sugar. It will burn.

That's not what his face is saying.

Yeah, I've done it and it works. You don't even taste the mayonaise, either.

What are you even talking about? Who fucking cares. Stop wasting your energy on dumb shit.

well I like my grilled cheese burned anyway and don't buy mayonnaise so might give it a try. Worst case scenario is some wasted bread

Well you do you user. Hope you like it.

>le unitaskers are le badd xDDDD
>Okay, but what about ovens. They only heat things up. By your definition that is a bad tool in the kitchen.
>xDDDD lol r u stoopid?? xDDDDDDD

>heating water in the microwave somehow makes it not water

If you're dumb enough to think anybody on this shithole acts in good faith you're dumb enough to get trolled far too easily. Enjoy getting trolled, retard.

you can make it with whatever bread you want, and Id say Im an above average cook, and can cook a wide variety of dishes, but if you dont like dipping grilled cheese into your tomato soup there's something wrong with you.

Also turn the heat on your element way the fuck down, like 2 or 3, or inbetween low and medium, and let the pan heat up fully before putting the bread on it. I always see people cooking grilled cheese like they're searing a steak and they wonder why it tastes like shit

>dropped
Stopped reading there

You yanks are dumb as fuck THIS is real grilled cheese.
Made on the grill, not in a fucking frying pan you spastic cunts.

>eats corned beef
>has no corn in it

but it's your stupid language faggot

Why are people so scared of Reddit, usually if you dont like something you just dont talk about it and get over it lool. I see the word reddit about 400 times a day using this website. Ya mad and seethin OP that based Reddit is livin in ya head rent free ya mumblin dumblin doofus noodlehead.

you just got really angry over a piece of bread with cheese

Your loss.

but corned beef does have corns in it

>he fucking microwaves the water
>being so aspy that you care how energy is transferred to water

good god, fuck off.

Did you know tumblr used to be Veeky Forums's "girlfriend" before SJW's took it over? It used to be a site autismo nerdy girls flocked to before what it is now.

And now Veeky Forums foams at the mouth at its very mention.

It's more to do with not removing dissolved gasses in the water because that changes the flavour.

dilmahtea.co.uk/facts-of-tea/facts_of_tea_05_why_should_one_never_reboil_water_when_brewing_tea/#.WPUCkHPRbqA

i would bet you 500 dollars right the fuck now that you could not successfully determine the microwaved versus stove boiled water in twenty six out of fifty trials.

if you boil water, no matter how you get it up to temp, it will off-gas all dissolved gases to their equilibrium state in the exact same way.

Don't be fucking retarded. All gases dissolved in water are tasteless and odorless anyway. What fucking fithy-ass country do you live in where your water is that shit tier?

Why 26?

It's more than half... good god - the retardation.

Cos its more than half dummy, and hes right I probably couldnt.

I'm not that guy you originally replied to, I was just curious. I've never heard that definition before. Don't bully me.

>All gases dissolved in water are tasteless and odorless anyway
Thats why fizzy water tastes just like tap water right?

>dilmahtea.co.uk/facts-of-tea/facts_of_tea_05_why_should_one_never_reboil_water_when_brewing_tea/#.WPUCkHPRbqA

ok.. but that just says to only boil water once. it doesn't say what method of heat transfer should be used.

Also, I am not a chemist, and I hate chemistry, but I know enough to tell you that the temperature change in the water will make a larger acidity change in the water than the act of boiling the water will. Also.. this line of thinking would lead one to conclude that you could create a highly basic solution by just boiling water for a long time. That's bullshit. While it may increase the hydrogen ion concentration there is an upper limit without a buffer or other chemicals being present in the water. This change is immeasurable by most pH testing equipment, and I guarantee it is not measurable on a basis of taste. Not before or after tea or coffee is dissolved/steeped.

We're talking about tap water. Do you boil fizzy water for your tea?

>Don't bully me.
Where the fuck do you think you are?

DON'T BULLY ME.

This is the type of person that doesn't understand that 26 is slightly more than half of 50.

This is a person saying don't bully me on the chan.

This is a person that is vicariously arguing for the "don't boil water in a microwave because it fucks with the dissolved gases and pH" argument.

It doesn't matter who he thinks he is - at best he's a troll. But there is a huge chance that he's just mentally retarded.

We're not the same people.

I used to like him when I was a kid, but none of his recipes are actually any good when you try to make them.

I hate you pathetic cretins that get all pissy when someone puts effort into cooking.

>REEEEEE HE MADE MAC AND CHEESE THAT WASNT OUT OF A KRAFT BOX, THIS HURTS MY FEEBLE BRAIN

You're going to go far in life I bet lmao, I see why your father left and your mother constantly thinks about overdosing on sleeping pills, kid.

low effort, phoneposter

We're all like, the same, man

>It's called don't get trolled moron. Welcome to Veeky Forums.
You literally came here 3 weeks ago and it shows
fuck off back to r/Veeky Forums

>some people don't have kettles

>Stoppe
dro

enjoy that superheated water exploding all over your face
except don't enjoy it
you have to put a nucleation point in the vessel like a toothpick

He goes out of his way to dispel idiotic myths perpetuated by decades of housewife superstitions. He rallies against as-seen-on-tv gimmicks and teaches improvising. He force feeds the american public education on food and basic chemistry against their will in tiny bite-sized pieces.

He's in your face lol-so-random because he made his fucking show at almost forty in 1999.

He is pretentious and cringey at times, especially in our current cultural mindset of cynicism, but for every bit of bad, he has (had? ) as much if not more good.

This is on his wiki, and sums up pretty much all the good. I don't watch TV, so I can't say what abominations he's taken part in recently, but:

"Brown notes that he was very dissatisfied with the quality of cooking shows airing on American television, so he set out to produce his own show. In preparation, he enrolled in the New England Culinary Institute, graduating in 1997.[7][8] Brown says that he was a poor science student in high school and college, but he focused on the subject to understand the underlying processes of cooking. He is outspoken in his shows about his dislike of single-purpose kitchen utensils and equipment ("unitaskers"), such as garlic presses and margarita machines, although he adapts a few traditionally single-purpose devices, such as rice cookers and melon ballers, into multi-purpose tools."

>he takes the creative out of cooking
more like take out the bullshit of it
for instance baking and meat prep; it's presented in traditional french cooking as a sort of bullshit magic unique to the oven you use

But the adoption of sous vide in alot of restaurants that have at least>1 michelin star than most of us ever will is because chefs these days would rather be creative with ingredients and results, not jerry-rigged methods of varying quality, consistency, and effectiveness

>he tries to ... make a "perfect dish"
he doesn't actually do this
the main purpose of his show is, as someone else jokingly said, to "edutain" viewers, which he succeeds at by discussing the scientific aspects of cooking while being goofy about it

>dr
s

I watch him on the weekend on PBS and hate his personality. I don't watch for the show for the host. I watch it for culinary enlightenment and I suggest you do the same. Say what you want but he can cook.