Slow-cooker/Crockpot thread! Share your favourite recipes!

Slow-cooker/Crockpot thread! Share your favourite recipes!

Other urls found in this thread:

belleofthekitchen.com/2016/04/13/mississippi-pot-roast/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>jar/bottle of your favourite barbecue sauce
>chicken wings or otherwise
>crockpot for 4 hours on high
>transfer to baking sheet, lightly dust with whatever dry spices you like
>broil for 10-20 minutes, watch carefully as to not burn the chicken
Fucking stupid easy and tastes amazing

Really? No one?

Do Americans really do this?

Crockpot threads are barely one rung above fast food threads.

Do non north Americans not use crock pots? It's a really convenient way of cooking; you leave it on, go to work, and come back to a completed meal

Why? Cooking in a crock pot is a shitload healthier than any fast foods

?????

Not enough of us do.

Slow-cooking is a beautiful thing that can make tasty, healthy dishes for dirt-cheap.

Every time I visit my mom I tell her she should get a crockpot, but she never has.

To be fair, I see little reason for retirees to use crockpots when they can just cool whatever it is properly. They have the time

She does have the time--she only has a 20hr/week job as a paying hobby--but she's shit at time management.

She'll get off work at 4 and not make herself supper until 9, and she always says she's too tired to do anything more involved than heat up a frozen meal or make a salad.

I swear, she only eats right when I visit and cook for her.

Okay, yeah, that makes sense. There are also plenty of meals you can put in Tupperware or even ziplocs for freezing ahead of time that you can throw into the crock pot at the start of the day. A lot of stuff pairs well with rice, which should never take longer than 20 minutes to make. Also basmati a best

bump

where's the copypasta

belleofthekitchen.com/2016/04/13/mississippi-pot-roast/

This. Super good. Might need some tweaking for personal taste. And surprisingly not as salty

oh shit that sounds lovely

Slow cook spaghetti sauce

Ingredients:

1 bottle of Pino Grigio/sweet white wine(cheap stuff works fine).
2 medium red onions or 1 extra large red onion.
3-4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
1 large bulb of fresh garlic.
5 tbsp of oregano.
4 tbsp of basil.
3 tbsp of anise.
1 tbsp of salt.
1 tbsp of pepper.
6lb and 10 oz can of tomato puree(the big can).

Directions:

Base:
Dice onions, peel and dice garlic.

In a large skillet(14-16”), cover bottom with olive oil and heat on medium-high. Get oil hot but not smoking.

Add onions and garlic to skillet. Cook until onions are translucent(about 5 min). Add 1 tbsp more oil if onions soak up too much.

Add ½ cup of Pino Grigio or sweet white wine to onion mixture. Reduce down(about 3 min).

Once onion mixture has been reduce add 4 tbsp oregano, 3 tbsp basil, and 3 tbsp anise. Stir and mix well. Let cook 1-2 min.

The base is now down, onion mixture will look and smell heavily spiced.

Sauce:
Empty skillet mixture into croak-pot. Add ¾ can of tomato puree, stir.

Add rest of the wine bottle, stir. Use a bit of water and get remaining tomato puree into croak-pot, stir.

Add salt and pepper to croak-pot, and 1 tbsp each of oregano and basil. If necessary add more spices to taste, stir.

Cook 7-8 hrs on low setting. 30min – 1hr before serving add 1 cup finely grated romano/parmesan Cheese. If needed add ½ to full cup of water to thin sauce.

>1 large bulb of fresh garlic
> 1 TBSP pepper
Great recipe if you ever have to cook for a reinforced platoon of hungry Marines. Jesus Christ

Yea it makes multiple meals worth of sauce. I freeze my leftovers for lazy meals.

The flavor of garlic mellows out with long slow cooking. There's nothing unreasonable about a whole bulb of garlic in there.

Potluck Party Meatballs

>2 Bags of frozen cocktail meatballs
>Jar of grape jelly
>~9oz of Sriracha or BBQ sauce or other chili sauce

Place everything in crockpot, don't bother defrosting.
Cook on low for 5-6 hrs. Stir occasionally.
Proceed to be the best thing at any party or office potluck.

Stealing this

On a general note,
Can you go wrong with x-meat + y-sauce and just crocking it?

Yes. You can neglect to brown the meat first.

Oh, and I forgot:
You can pick meats that are too lean, like chicken breast or pork loin. Braised dishes should be made with cuts that contain connective tissue. Use chicken legs, not breast. Use pork shoulder, not loin. Use beef chuck, not a steak. Etc.

What that other user said
Honestly the broiling is partially to help hold it all together because after 4 hours on high it is so tender it falls off the bone under its own weight