What if David Foster Wallace was a racist?

What if David Foster Wallace was a racist?

All white men are racist you fucking shitlord.

Now pay for my tampons or I'll scream rape.

I would gain a slightly increased appreciation for his work desu.

his books might not be shit in that case

He was too smart to not be racist, but was so neurotically obsessed with his image that he pretended to not be racist, in the same way that everyone here pretends to not be a total loser with their online persona.

He would probably not write anything, as racist people are usually too dumb to do that. At least he would still be alive, complaining about people who burn flags.

Seven years ago there was a woman who made call made to the police about what she thought might be a break in next door. The cop came out to the scene and saw some guy struggling with the door. He told him to get away from the door, put your hands up, the usual thing. This was the man's home thought. The neighbor made a mistake. But the cop didn't know this. The man was an elderly black man and had the same old tiring run-ins with cops in his life, and decided to get testy with the cop. "This is MY home, officer." he probably said. Cop didn't know this either. He's just doing his job, and used his overreaching authority to arrest the man.
This man was a professor of some note and the story made news. Some reporter asked the then new president Obama what he thought of the situation. He said something maybe a little defensive in the professors defense. Now this made news and the cops precinct got extremely indignant. "Wo wo wo. Hold on a minute everyone." The president had a "beer summit" to smooth things over. The media talked about "a teachable moment" but left it hanging there for us to assume what that teachable moment was. Something warm and fuzzy, like "can't we all just get along?"

The lesson was this:
The neighbour wasn't being racist
The professor wasn't being racist
The cop wasn't being racist
The president wasn't being racist
Racism's poison seeped into the actions and discourse of these people and made the whole situation tense up. Racism fills the air. Racism is actions. Moments in a life. Some may make it a lifestyle or creed, but it gets around other ways.

>Racism's poison seeped into the actions and discourse of these people and made the whole situation tense up. Racism fills the air. Racism is actions. Moments in a life. Some may make it a lifestyle or creed, but it gets around other ways.
Are we talking about sin or racism

Certainly, and that is simply the case

All spooks, lad.

The code of conduct dictating a sin, illegality, or simply bad manners all comes from the mind.
Yes, why can't we all just get along?

This post really got my neurons firing.

Speak for yourself, I'm a financially successful college graduate and have sex all the time. If we weren't so anonymous I'd cite my phonebook of friends to prove it.

Everyone from the Midwest is racist.

It's not possible to not be a racist while being a normal person.

At best your racism might be very mild, but if you don't notice any differences between races you're not normal.

if you weren't tripfag this would be post of the decade but unfortunately it fucking blows

if he's not a racist, what was that ebonics shit about?

Spooked toady. In frog thread no less.

holy cringe kys

it's weird when tumblr tries to appropriate Veeky Forums offbeat post-apathetic meme lingo like "kys lmao lel" while fundamentally using it because they are butthurt

do you think using the local dialect makes you look any less like you dont belong you actual faggot who gets ruffled by internet racism

He was scared he didn't empathize enough with others. He wanted to try, by writing from the perspective of someone very unlike him: poorish, black, female vs richish, white, male.

Probably DFW was terrified that he might be racist to the extent he couldn't have a conversation with a black person without getting anxious he might be doing micro aggressions.

>muh cultural marxism
Those jokes were absolutely terrible, people don't have to like a shitty joke because it's racist. Veeky Forums is not a hive mind or your personal army you retard.