Has anyone ever had this guy as a psychologist? does he even practice clinical psychology anymore?

has anyone ever had this guy as a psychologist? does he even practice clinical psychology anymore?

he refused to use my pronouns so i fired him

I did a long time ago. I confessed my repressed loathing of Jews and he laughed at me; he's not the alt-right hero they want him to be. Otherwise he was pretty helpful, lent me a few self help books by kabatt-zinn and Viktor Frankl that helped me sort my shit out and get over my antisemitism.

really?

i don't think he's a therapist.

he's a clinical psychologist. he talks about patients all the time in his lectures, but his services aren't advertised on his website so it's possible he doesn't do it anymore cause he doesn't need the $$$.

i thought about throwing him an email to see if he's currently taking new clients but i find him p intimidating.

Yes.
He doesn't practice anymore. I don't know his life story, but he had stint as therapist between academic positions once upon a time.

I love Veeky Forums's obsession with the guy.
Especially all the neomarxist clowns who say identity politics is neoliberal, yet can't help but be triggered by the man's non-use of dumbass pronouns.

How big are his lectures?

No, he definitely uses pronouns, and only the reasonable ones to boot

i meant his youtube lectures

I think "it" is a reasonable pronoun to describe someone who isn't comfortable being described with traditional genders.

i think gas chambers are a reasonable place to put someone who isn't comfortable being described with traditional genders.

Well the problem is that there hasn't really been a long public debate about creating new genders, new ways of expression with you whole being. We have the feminine and we have the masculine. All people occur someone on this spectrum. There are essentially only realistically 2 genders, all that seems to be occurring here is atomization of categories of these two expressions, which is nonsense because you could generate categories ad nauseam. Who the hell wants to memorize dozens upon dozens of unnecessary highly specific gender pronouns under threat of hate speech?

I get the humor, but please don't go down that path of logic irl, it only ends in hypocrisy and horrors of the worst kind.

Top quality thread, the gets don't lie

>kabatt-zinn and Viktor Frankl

>implying?

I go to the university he teaches in. Ask me anything.

this is a good point: if newly proposed genders weren't simply a comprimise between male and female, i.e., if they weren't on the same linear spectrum defined by the endpoints male and female, it would make sense -- but we think of gender in terms of femininity and masculinity, so a non-feminine, non-masculine gender is literally inconceivable. I have no idea what it would look like and neither does anybody else.
But maybe this idea lends support to an intermediate, androgynous gender, equivalent to the compromise between the endpoints gay and straight, bisexual.
Whether it's good for a person to be androgynous or bisexual or any of these things is neither here nor there -- first I think it would be good to see if the claims being made are even coherent.

how many genders are there

>he's not the alt-right hero they want him to be

he's clearly a far right person with an agenda against "leftist degeneracy" or whatever the fuck.

he's a classical liberal

How big are his lectures?

what does he smell like

I've had sex with undergrad girls in Robarts, many parts of OISE, UC, Gerstein, various alleyways, Sid Smith, the building south of Sid Smith, the law building, Northrop Frye Hall, Queen's Park, New College, Wilson Hall, Wetmore Hall, Con Hall, a stairwell in Hart House, and in that little dead-end alleyway with the black metal bench halfway along the pathway on the east side of Back Campus, I had my first kiss, and ate a girl out on the little steps that go down to a basement door.

Anyone who is even slightly weirded out by SJW slactivism and its pronouncements for gelding all white males is "far right" to them. Classical Liberals, Nazis, same thing.

lol you had your first kiss in college

It's worse: She was 16 and I was 23.

please keep your sexual hang ups and moments of shame in a little box that you only ever open when you're alone

Better late than never eh chaps?

id rather him than you. you're the media equivalent of something that is starting to smell vaguely bad, he's just a slightly grimy wallpaper

this was horrible

>He doesn't practice anymore. I don't know his life story, but he had stint as therapist between academic positions once upon a time.

He talks about how he's a clinical psychologist, present tense, in his 2016 Maps of Meaning lectures.

Maybe you misread me. I don't have "shame and hangups." I have "sex with lots of young attractive women."

What the actual fuck. I've heard rumors of folks doing it in buildings but I thought that was all BS. How the fuck do people have sex in the stacks? You can hear a pin drop in there.

Leftists are going to derail every single thread about this guy.

why don't you ask the two people who have interacted with him questions, instead of engaging with the people you think are derailers or shitposting

See, as soon as I called them out they stopped fucking around and scattered like the cockroaches that they are.

>I confessed my repressed loathing of Jews and he laughed at me

that was pretty hypocritical of him

>So with the hate speech issue – say someone’s a Holocaust denier, because that’s the standard routine – we want those people out there in the public so you can tell them why they’re historically ignorant, and why their views are unfounded and dangerous. If you drive them underground, it’s not like they stop talking to each other, they just don’t talk to anyone who disagrees with them. That’s a really bad idea and that’s what’s happening in the United States right now. Half of the country doesn’t talk to the other half. Do you know what you call people you don’t talk to? Enemies.

i don't understand why he didn't talk to you about your anti-semitism and try to discuss your emotions

>i don't understand why he didn't talk to you about your anti-semitism and try to discuss your emotions

you'll notice that he did if you read the rest of the post you're replying to

He's a classical liberal and the /pol/ types know that, just a decent guy standing up against SJW madness.

>that was pretty hypocritical of him
Yeah, he really needs to get over his own transphobia and Islamophobia before trying to help others with their bigotries.

I wonder what his favorite book is. Maybe something by Jung, or maybe something stupid that has sentimental value to him (he seems like that kind of guy)

I'm pretty sure it's the Gulag Archipelago. he has a reading list on his website

It's 1984, by George Orwell.

Yes he's a pleb.

I don't get why people post bait like this. He's obviously not transphobic nor islamophobic at all.

Yes. He told me to kill myself.

that was me actually

But you don't exist. Things that exist have a name. You're user. Therefore you don't exist.

That's a bad metaphysical system.