Finally, after all these years, I realised that I truly was The Catcher In The Rye™ by J.D. Salinger™ a Little...

>finally, after all these years, I realised that I truly was The Catcher In The Rye™ by J.D. Salinger™ a Little, Brown and Company™ novel published July 16th 1951 with cover art by E. Michael Mitchell™

Jesus christ, really? Salinger is a fucking HACK

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TitleDrop/Literature
tvtropes.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>They call me...The Stranger
Unbelievable.

And that, my friend, is the Complete Stories

I always wondered about that one

>it seems we're dealing with some kind of...the plague here

Jesus christ camus, you won the nobel prize!

>Even people who were outright hostile towards bananas came to watch Pirate cook the Gravity's Rainbow shaped fruit.

Did I just get tricksteroo'd by that wacky Pynch again?!

>what's wrong with a white woman marrying a virile kongolese man? It IS, after all, 1984

really orwell? Fucking really?

sniggered

"Gosh, Nadine, I could listen to Moby's music for the rest of my life and never grow tired of it."

"You know, Kandi... I hear he'll be in town next month. Why don't you try to get yourself a little taste of that Moby-dick while he's around?"

Are you serious, Melville?

>let's hit the road

.......I just can't believe mccarthy won a fucking award for this literal dog shit writing

>I don't want to do it
>But maybe the Norwegian would.

o-ok

>"turn on the TV, they're tearing down the Slaughterhouse on channel Five!"
Truly masterful.

>my friend called me up to go to a bar at the Donkey Hotel
>could never pronounce L's correctly so it sounded peculiar
>Wanna go to the Don Key Ho Teh?
This one's a stretch.

>Oedipa sat back and awaited V.
Come on guys, that was clever.

>boy would you look at the time? It's after dark!
>the russian satellite was called sputnik, sweetheart
>my IQ? 84
>look over there, is that kafka on the shore?
>don't worry about it, it's just some kind of wild sheep chase
>your favourite movie is colourless? Tsukuru and his years of pilgrimage is my favourite movie
>my kid loves that stupid wind-up bird. Chronicle was a shit film
>watch his next trick, the elephant vanishes!

murakami.

>As I rode on that boat, I felt the Nausea rising in the pit of my stomach

No wonder Sartre turned down the Nobel Prize

>The banks are again being irresponsible with their lending practices and are set to tear up the global financial system. Just hear what they're up to now: they're selling death on the installment plan!

Great stuff doc, you should be writing for the WSJ, you quack.

>finnegans wake was at 12 o'clock

And they call this man the greatest english author in history

>"and that's my they call me The Master of Go"

Was this a mistranslation of was Kawabata a talentless hack?

>Ulysses, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. You-lee-seß: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. You.Lee.Seß. He was Ul, plain Ul, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. He was Lysses in slacks. He was Ully at school. He was Ulliver on the dotted line. But in my arms he was always Ulysses. Did he have a precursor? He did, indeed he did. In point of fact, there might have been no Ulysses at all had I not loved, one summer, the epic novel The Odyssey by the Greeks. In a princedom by the sea. Oh when? About as many years before Ulysses was born as my age was that summer. You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, exhibit number one is what the seraphs, the misinformed, simple, noble-winged seraphs, envied. Look at this tangle of thorns

Jesus Christ, they told me that James Joyce was kind of a pervert but what the fuck is this?

who calls him that?

Anyone whose opinion is respected

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

>Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of Infinite Jest, of most excellent fancy.

jesus christ, do we seriously make kids study this hack?

>That's some catch, that catch-22!

for real, Heller?

I know you guys are meme-ing, but is there a name for this? For the author to put the title of the work in the book or the script?

>and that, my fellow Aryans, was the story of Mein Kampf.

Really?

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TitleDrop/Literature

jesus christ....

>I'm finally home, Penelope
>Wow, these 20 years must have been a real The Odyssey

Homer come on

SOCRATES: Truly I have described to you The Republic.
GLAUCON: Of course, Socrates.
ADEIMANTUS: Yes, Socrates.
POLUS: Certainly, Socrates.
EUTHYPHRO: You are most wise, Socrates.
MENO: Very true, Socrates.
CHAEREPHON: Naturally, Socrates.
PROTARCHUS: And wonderfully so, Socrates.
MELESIAS: All too true, Socrates.

>and those are the perks of being a wallflower. the end
wow

kek

Clark kent, tell us, is Superman for the quest for peace?

Quoth my mother as my father unſheathed his penis, on the night of my conception, upon her realiſation of the ſomewhat meagre length and girth of the organ: "Surely you jest!"

>Alas, I did the Crime, and Punishment I shall face.
I was enjoying the book up until this.

kek

>Who are those men walking towards us?
>Why, those are The Brothers Karamazov! By Fyodor Dostoevsky, don't you recognise them?

this was actually painful to read

>As I gazed down the dashed fragments of what once had been my life I realized, I had become a Stoner.

I fucking threw the book out of the window tbfhwy famalam

that guy does that in all his novels. he's a hack.

>Who is that?
>Augustus.

>Where are you going, young man?
>Butcher's Crossing.

>He walked down
the steps and out the back door and got in his truck and sat there. He couldnt name the feeling.
It was sadness but it was something else besides. And the something else besides was what had him sitting there instead of starting the truck. He'd felt like this before but not in a long time and when he said that, then he knew what it was. It was defeat. It was being No Country for Old Men.

Underrated

>and that was the weight of the things they carried

This genuinely happened.

>"I guess, we truly were, living on The Razor's Edge."

I mean Jesus Christ, Jesus FUCKING Christ, really ?

All this travelling around has got me tired out, I'll sleep like a Dead Soul by Nikolai Gogol, translated by Richard Pevear and Larissa Volokhonsky and published by Penguin Books (ISBN: 9780140448078) tonight!

Fuck off Gogol, how obnoxious can you be?!

my sides

>"But w-who are you?"
>"Me? Just call me...Stoner"
What the fuck? I thought Williams' prose was supposed to be good.

>Have a nice trip, see you next The Fall
Seriously Camus?

lol

>Look at what Stephen painted! It's a portrait of the artist, as a young man!
Holy fucking shit.

>I turned around and became The Norton Anthology of Modern Poetry

Jesus. They really went all out on this one.

>after shooting all that dope, I finally became a Junkie

for fuck's sake Burroughs

back to /v/ with you

Hahah

>quick, hamlet! We must forsake this comedy of errors and reach the merchant of venice before the twelfth night so that we may gift romeo and juliet by julius caesar and henry VIII orders with a midsummer nights dream, lest we face their tempest!

jesus....christ....shakespeare

>to get to the fountain head north

really rand? I mean...REALLY?

...by retards.

>we're just living in one big The Republic after all

fucking jesus plato

>I'm sorry anna karenina, but the raging war and peace has caused the death of ivan ilyich and the cossacks

>Mischievous fiend! Identify yourself!
>I am..The Prince.
Ugh.

>you look hurt, are you ok?
>yeah, I just had a the fall

>you won the nobel prize!
Tranströmer literally ended his last poetry collection with a title drop.

>tvtropes.org/
jesus h. christ.................................................

>LGBTfanbase

AAAAAAAAAAH!!!
Every FUCKING day with these STUPID fucking MEMES! I've had it up to HERE with stupid fucking memes! You guys make me want to KILL MYSELF! Is that what you fucking want? For me to fucking KILL MYSELF and write on my suicide note "Cause of suicide: Couldn't handle all of the stupid fucking memes, killed myself"? Because that's what it might as well fucking say!
You guys are literally, L I T E R A L L Y incapable of having even the SIMPLEST of fucking discussion without "MEME THIS, MEME THAT, PROBABLY VOLTAIRE, HERE'S A POORLY SHOPPED PIC OF EPIC FAIL DFW FUCKING UP, LMAO HYPERSPHERE 2 NOT ANNOUNCED YET, LE GRAVITY'S RAINBOW XD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EBIN AMIRITE?" Fucking STOP IT you pathetic fucking FAGGOTS, you are such fucking cancer that I cannot even fathom how you fucking scumbags live your dumb gay lives. Don't you have a job to get to, schoolwork to finish or a family to attend to? Do you literally do ANYTHING productive with your lives other than post stupid fucking memes? You fucking people make me sick and you're damn lucky I don't have any of your fucking addresses you fucking pieces of shits. I'd spit in your faces.

>the proletariat should rise up and take over Das Kapital
fuck this

>According to Hall, his middle name and the nickname "Moby" were given to him by his parents because of an ancestral relationship to Moby Dick author Herman Melville: "The basis for Richard Melville Hall—and for Moby—is that supposedly Herman Melville was my great-great-great-grand uncle."[11]
Fun fact

>he truly was a The Rebel
Fucking hell Camus I'm glad you died in that car accident

>For a blind man you've done a great job redecorating, John. This truly is a Paradife Loft.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu -

>"Lolita..."

Give Nabokov some credit, he let me give up on the book as I was skimming it in the shop and not after I bought it

did Milton have a lisp?

>You truly picked a bad time to fall in Love - in The Time of Cholera!

did anyone else just give up after that point?

Dude this was on like page 30, you could've ATLEAST read a little more

fucking ruthless

>who are you?
>my name is The Picture of Dorian Gray

holy fuck

>don't know much about history
>don't know much about biology
>but i hope that you enjoyed
>my A Mencken Chrestomathy
okay

>joyce
>english
omw

>quick, they're having a Fiesta: The Sun Also Rises down at the park!

>has anyone else noticed these A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket happening lately?

hmmm

>So what did he do?
>Well... Atlas shrugged.
Ayn fucking Rand everyone

don't ever read the outsider by him, it's basically the exact same book. complete rip off

>At long last, I can finally reveal to you the Seven Pillars of Wisdom

I guess the T.E stands for Total Excrement

>so harry potter and the philosophers stone, have you found harry potter and the philosophers stone yet?

>Salinger is a fucking HACK

Say that to my fucking face, faggot. In fact, I'm willing to bet that The Catcher in the Rye is the only one of his works that you've actually bothered to read.

Mr. Pence is calling you out on your bullshit.

>how old are you my son?
>26--66 years younger than you are gramps

classic

Nice effort, but I think the book is titled 1Q84 not IQ84.

>it's some sort of....animal farm

christ give me strength

>Take the next left at the junction for the Road to Wigan Pier™

Seriously Orwell?

>You can't treat me like this, O'Brien! It's 1984, for God's sake!

wow, orwell. wow.

>"We are the Karamazov brothers!" said the brothers Karamazov.

I threw my copy across the fucking room

>I guess you really were an The Idiot all along

Sad considering how much potential this book had

>Ha ha ha! Oh, the hilarity, Virgil! The Divine Comedy of it all!

i sure abandoned all hope at this point

>After retiring from my long career as a coal miner I can finally publish my Notes From Underground

well I for one didn't see that coming

>"And as I stood in that K-Mart parking lot, in the dim cast of a rising LA sun, changing out of my shit-filled jeans into a pair of fresh eight-dollar track pants, the negro tranny prostitute waiting impatiently for me to buy her breakfast, I realized I had become.......... LESS THAN ZERO."

Wow, real subtle, Bret.

>It was only then I noticed the date and truly it was The Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Bonaparte

really lost faith in engels as a moderating influence on marx work after this abomination

>As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a gigantic Metamorphosis.

kafka you kike

>because races condemned to One Hunndred Years of Solitude did not have a second opportunity on earth.
García Marquez you spic

>This one lost soul that keeps the thread on page one
I don't know how to feel about this.

This has been a The Bible.

which book is that?