Al/ck/ general

Who wants to drink the sadness away and talk?

Last one's about to 404

>just woke up 2 hours ago edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JVbnTHZE7ws&index=6&list=PL4D3CA015C255AE08
youtube.com/watch?v=oFTHzLB3x2c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no one cares fuck off

What are You drinking, I'm hungover as Shit from Saturday still.

heres my post

dry gin martini's out of a pickle jar

>tfw drank throughout the Easter break
>have to stay sober until the weekend

Went to parents' house for Easter dinner and only drank one glass of Champagne because I had to drive home that evening. Considered not drinking anymore after I got home so I'd sleep well and feel refreshed for the work week. Ended up drinking a six pack of IPA and watching MST3K instead. I'm tired as fuck today and have terrible gas.

I can't drink beer. Too much liquid, carbs, and gives me a pounding headache the next day. Plus It's very hard to get drunk off of beer

want to get into mezcal

any mejicans on to give me the scoop?

I've decided to give up the sauce for probably the summer due to a terrible bender last weekend, but 'm here to talk, OP. What's up?

Me too. Two days hungovers are not a meme.
Had two beers yesterday to calm myself down, but really late in the evening.
Today it's my second beer, it's 7:30 pm. Tomorrow's an early shift.
But canadian whisky seems like a nice idea right now.
Should I?

Do you need benzos to quit yourself?

I haven't gone 1 day without drinking in the last 5 years. Plus I take benzo's too so If I did quit I would probably have a seizure or die

I drank a lot more then I usually do last week because my ex called me and made me feel like shit. My stomach hurts like a mother fucker

When does this ride end lads?

Good ol' Canadian club?

God I love/hate that shit

I think if I drink it whilst cooking nice cauliflower head I'm safe to wake up at 5am nice and quite fresh.
youtube.com/watch?v=JVbnTHZE7ws&index=6&list=PL4D3CA015C255AE08

Man some of you guys get nuts when you drink. All I do is sit alone, play vidya, listen to music and maybe cry before I black out. At worst I drunkenly ramble to people I know, but nothing insane. Use what the shit.

Not me....

I literally just sit in my basement shitpost, smoke weed, listen to music, and watch TV.

I rarely even leave my house. I don't like to drink with other people

I'm the exact same. I don't drink around other people ever, I prefer to just be alone when I do it.

i've been drinking between one and two bottles of liquor a week, kinda, off and on, usually like a 750 on the weekend and maybe a flask and a couple steelies during the week. maybe for the last two months. i don't consider myself alcoholic in any real way. i've just been really bored.

i'm stopping though because i need to lose weight. i'm going to eat 8oz of wheat germ porridge with a banana smashed in it every day.

I don't get it. When I drink I lose weight.

Much more relaxing IMO.

When I'm with company I'm kind of filtered so I can't fully relax. An If I get really drunk I'll say something that will offend someone

I called my sister in law a coal burner last year when I was drunk at their house and said I wonder how my brother can love her.

As if that wasn't bad enough a long time ago my brother had told me before they got married that she had only fucked two guys in her entire life. A nigger and my brother so I was basically telling her I knew her sexual history made it so much worst. Plus their kids were in the adjoining room lol

drinking lowers my inhibitions, and that manifests as binge eating. eating is my real vice. fucked up experiences with food throughout childhood or something. and binge eating + drinking is the fastest way to gain weight, since your body will ignore food when it has alcohol to process.

Damn dude. How do they feel about you after that?

My brother didn't give a shit but she was pretty pissed. I knew immediately I should have not said that by the look on her face

She kind of pretended I didn't just say that after a couple minutes but I could tell I pissed her off. She used to text me constantly asking me to help her do things my brother doesn't have time/knowledge to do. Dozens of times a week.... She's text me 3 times since that happened last year. She used to text me more then that a week so I know she is still pissed about what I said

I regretted saying it for a few months but realized later I shouldn't regret it. It's not like I was lying, That's what she is. She knows it, My brother knows it. I just said it

On the bright side you don't have to worry about her blatantly using you anymore.

Exactly!

I was too nice to her anyway. She's very manipulative

Beer does that to ya.

>drinking lowers my inhibitions, and that manifests as binge eating
Nice to see I'm not the only one.

If I'm drunk, my judgement is impaired. This means that an entire pizza is just fine for a snack, and that I can't make myself put down the bag of tasty crunchy meaty-tasting things. Or I'll stop and get chips on my way back after a night out.

It's really bad for my diet.

Please, use images like pic related for al/ck/ threads

Will do

DUDE ALCOHOL LMAO

>Fapped for 4 hours
>Foreskin is swollen now and painful to touch

I'm scared to start drinking

Where do you live? In an ABC controlled state, was fucking surprised we started getting Mezcal a few years ago. A good intro brand I would suggest is Sombra. If you like Tequila pick up a Blanco and compare them side by side. The difference in production is fucking neat.

Even better if you can get sal de gusano (literally salt with ground up dried worms and chile spices). That sprinkled on an orange slice with a glass of Mezcal is fucking great.

I hope you are drinking out of that because you literally have nothing other than that and not because you're some cunt hipster

I'm using pickle jars because I've broken 2 full sets of nice glasses from knocking them over or dropping them when I'm drunk

Moonshine is always sold in mason jars, nomad. Have you never known the pleasure of vomiting blood?
It's the taste of freedom that you get sent to jail for. You should try it

I would probably recommend trying to get some help just to give it a shot. I went to an outpatient program as well as AA and it just didn't work for me, but you can always try anyway to see what happens.

If she's white and lost her virginity to a black guy and married the second guy she was ever with, no one should give a shit about her. I wouldn't worry about it.

Why?
If anything it would probably dull the pain.

>say enough is enough and decide not to drink for a day
>starve myself and go 36 hours without ingesting anything but two cups of water

ahh, the sweet release of self-destruction

>tfw MGS4 is actually going to be 10 years old next year
Jesus christ.

>tfw MGS4 has already canonically happened

We're literally one year away from Metal Gear Rising at this point. Abkhazia better buckle up.

It makes him horny.

Are you cut?

I'm not

Yo. Been drinking now since Friday. I've been blacking out. Drinking last of my whiskey and some mikes hard tonight after I gym. Feel lonely. Like I got no friends or no one to go to. Last best friend stopped talking to me last August. Every time I get drunk I want to hit her up. But my I can't. Sucks but fuck it heres to drinking

pounding a eight pack of pic related and doing some soul searching, gonna be dry for a bit starting tomorrow. I've been abstaining for 2-4 days at a time this month, want to take a longer stab at it.

I've been trying to go to the gym and eat better recently while dealing with a breakup, drinking really fucks with that plan. A nasty breakup five years ago is what pushed me from "frequent drinker" to "get drunk every day" and I know if I let alcohol get the better of me this time it's probably gonna kill me.

I love drinking but it fucks with me too much, I'm not deep enough in it that it's messed my life up irreparably but I can see it coming. I don't plan on quitting forever but I haven't gone more than a few days without drinking in the past eight years and I need to take a fucking break. I'm a beer/cider guy, luckily I've never gotten the taste for liquor otherwise I'd probably be too far gone by now

it's a cloudy drippy warm spring day here in western canada, feels like a good day to start living again

I've been listening to a lot of early Magnetic Fields recently, especially this song. It's so atmospheric and sad and beautiful, dreamy
youtube.com/watch?v=oFTHzLB3x2c

sorry for the blog post, hope you fine dudes are having an alright night. Smirnoff-bro, ,if you see this, I'm glad you're still alive

Holy shit, user. You hit the nail right on the head with that image. That's my life in a nutshell.
As for losing friends, I know that feel too. I lost my former best friend by shouting that I was done with her and her white trash family (which is weird, because she was Puerto Rican) in the middle of a restaurant/bar and then storming out. I also lost my oldest friend at the same time, since he was there and he took her side. Lost another of my oldest friends shortly thereafter. Some years before that I made out with my then-best-friend's ex-girlfriend at his apartment while I mistakenly assumed he was sleeping. I went a couple months without talking to my parents last year after sending them nasty e-mails. Also went a few months without talking to my current best friend after telling her I didn't like her and only hung out with her because I'm a lonely alcoholic and beggars can't be choosers. Had a girlfriend from Italy that I dumped because she wouldn't let me drink when we were together.
I could go on. . . .

That's pretty much me in image except replace the app thing with doing sudokus and nonograms

I never understood how people jerk off while drunk, that's like the last thing on my mind when I'm intoxicated, even when I smoke weed. I just feel like it would make me feel depressed.

>it's a cloudy drippy warm spring day here in western canada, feels like a good day to start living again

Good luck to you, user. You seem like a soulful drunk.

I hope you get out of this shit. I was like you a year ago, could only string together three or four days at a time. In the last year I've put several streaks of a few weeks, and two of over two months, together. Life has gotten a hell of a lot better. About to start a new streak and hopefully this is the one that sticks.

If it's available to you, try to get a prescription for antabuse. It's helped me an awful lot.

I kind of got sick of sudoku, I fucking love nonograms though. do you ever do crosswords? I know they're less logic based but I love them

It's a habit

Nah, never, I'm not good with words
I was really into nonograms some time ago, but I kind of just grew tired of it, been doing some lately though, but the fire just isn't there anymore, sudokus are really boring too if I'm sober or not listening to something interesting, like good tunes, or some podcast or documentaries or lectures you know

yeah that makes sense. I just listen to sad music when I drink.

>eight pack
>I love drinking but it fucks with me too much
pick one

I'm not into pissing contests but I usually drink a lot more than this. I know what I've been through and your opinion doesn't matter

I want to get into cryptograms but I'm nowhere near smart enough

I love logic puzzles but I'm also kind of an idiot

Man I'm trying these cryptograms right now, fuck they're hard

I learned in elementary school that RSTLNE are the most often used letters, if that helps at all

are you me
is that image me too? holy fuck

what the fuck user
I hope you did all that when you were drunk

I've had a fifth of whiskey today and still not enough to keep withdraws away, fucking kill me

Got some of this yesterday and it actually taste like the real thing.
Only grabbed like a 12pack of Sprite to mix it with since I'm new to this shit and have no know-how into mixers but it was decent.. I think.
Dunno if I wanna drink more tonight and be up before 4am for work when it's almost already 7pm. That or get pissed off at a friend for being a whiny faggot about something stupid for days on end.

Eh, reading about cryptograms some more, there seems to be a lot of guessing involved, that's one thing I don't like about puzzles, with nonograms and sudokus there's rarely any time you have to guess at all

that's awful dude you need to get some professional help or youll die

How much do you normally drink for that to not undo withdrawal?

Ah, here you guys are. Took a while to find you because no silhouette img.
Hope everyone is in one piece. Day 2 of withdrawal for me. Hard to post. I keep forgetting how utterly fucking horrifying this is. Everything scares the shit out of me, I've vomited so much that I almost black out from pain when dry-heaving, cant keep anything down, one sip of water has me vomiting for like a minute, and omFg the nightmares.
Too hard to post, even using VRS. Gtg.
One way or another I'm never doing this again. If I relapse, I'll just drink myself to death.
I hope at least some of us escape one day. I'm trying just one more time. Good luck everyone.

>actually got close to someone
oh boy I really done it now

>that's awful dude you need to get some professional help or youll die

I've been doing this nearly every day for 6 years, somehow not dead yet

>How much do you normally drink for that to not undo withdrawal?

I normally drink a fifth a day, but recently upped it to 1200ml of whiskey a day, so now a fifth (750ml) aint doing shit. About two do two shots of whiskey and hopefully pass out

I got work in 6 hours tho. Have a fresh bottle of vodka. Crack it open or nah?

What is wrong with people like you.... Drinking is so easy to stop ffs. Stop being weak minded.

Sshhh.

I know this feel.

When I get close to someone its only a matter of time before I ruin both our lives.

I know your post is bait, but I'll indulge it for folk who don't realize it.

Alcohol withdraw for someone who is an actual alcoholic is one of the most god awful experiences to go through with a ~25% mortality rate if not treated medically

Sleep and drink before you go in

you knew about this before he got married and he still did it and u didnt stop him. What the fuck is wrong with him

>People who aren't extremely susceptible to addiction are telling addicts how easy it is to quit

why? They literally cannot understand how hard it is for some people

Try telling them not to eat for 3 days and see how bad their cravings for food get, but oh wait, you NEED food, so it doesn't count

I mean yea it's hard if you go straight into cold turkey after downing a fifth every night, which everyone here seems to be doing. Why not just do baby steps and limit your alcohol consumption slowly. That way you can still enjoy getting drunk/tipsy without literally killing yourself with withdrawal

For me when I start drinking I dont stop until I blackout. Telling an alcoholic that drinks a fifth or more a day to ease off isnt the best advice.

If they could control their drinking they wouldnt have got to that point.

>dont give someone advice with their problem
>they would have figured it out by now

Right, poor people can't stop spending money on Starbucks and iPhones

>Giving advice to someone about something you know nothing about

Best way to hide alcohol breath?

so alcoholics are basically obese people that eat until stuffed and can't ease off of eating too much

Drink vodka and chew gum.

cigarettes

I'm fine of I don't drink but once I start I don't give a shit and get wasted.

Telling someone to ease off sounds like a good idea and it would work if they were being supervised, but what do you think is going to happen once an alcoholic drinks a pint to stop the shakes and has more laying around?

just realized that I am an alcoholic tonight. I went to the liquor store and just bought a little 350 milliliter bottle so that I could have a little treat while my girlfriend was out. The way the cashier treated me was that I was a user of a hard drug who just needed their fix and they were helping me out. I I realized I was really just buying the little bottle so that I could crush it fast and throw it away without my girlfriend ever noticing. like who the hell comes into a liquor store at 7 p.m. on a Monday and just buy a little bottle of liquor.

fuck.

I have been to the liquor store at 7am when they open so i could get a pint of vodka

Trying to cut back myself. I'm currently at 225 pds and its mostly from from beer. But yet I have a half bottle of whiskey under my desk.

buy a handle or two and some party cups and act like you're going to a party
repeat each weekend so the timing doesn't look weird

Fuck dude. I thought I had it bad. I've lashed out before after having to much to drink but fuck I feel like I'm getting to that level. I hope you're doing well dude

bitch nigga you small time as fuck

Odds I drink tonight
Evens I don't

Haha fuck it I'm gonna drink anyway.

Currently drunk and eating hummus and chips.

I know someone asked how to hide alcohol breath, but is there a specific way to hide beer breath?

fresh yeast bread

Just turned 21 last week lads. Tried a couple of alcohols before in my early teen years but didn't really like any of it.

Now I can do it legally, what are some recommended alcohols for a novice?

This. When I drink I get really happy actually and laugh at fucking everything. But a little too much past that and I start getting philosophical and talking about my dreams and shit.

bottom shelf canadian blended whiskey

>tfw I remember the threads in 2009 when MGS2 happened

I am unsure of what to do with this information.

go to a store, go to the liquor section, look for the whisk(e)y sub-section, scan the bottom shelf, pick up something from canada that's super cheap in a big plastic bottle
it's great for novice alcoholics because the ones I've tried are pretty sweet and not that bitter, and also quite cheap

this is much better advice user, thank you

i will go and purchase alcohol now