Can an atheist here explain to me how evolution works?

seems like a retarded theory desu.

REMEMBER TO SAGE BAIT THREADS

Once your Pokémon has enough XP, his genetics changes and he turns into a different Pokemon.

kek at your image
i don't remember everything but it's natural selection, mutation, sexual selection, other genetic processes like independent assortment

Boring bate is boring

Nice reddit meme, I didn't expect much from a Gaytheist

fuck off, retard.

I don't understand the anger, calm down brother.

Lord forgive me for responding to such shit bait.
I need to check something with you, real quick, OP.
Would you agree that there is some mechanism of inheritance between a living organism and its offspring?

No, my parents have white hair I have brown.

If you're not gonna agree to the existence of genetics then there's literally no point to trying to persuade you. Don't worry, those brown babies your wife is pushing out are definitely yours

> Atheist with cuck fantasies

Writes itself.

Evolution is observable in the fossil record. You can't really argue against evolution any more than you can argue that the Earth isn't 4 billion years old. It just is that way. However you can put forth a theory to explain evolution, and the most widely accepted is that by natural selection.

Error-prone replication and sexual recombination result in genetic variation among members of a population. You don't need to be an atheist to notice this fact. Some of these individuals will be able to produce more offspring than other individuals in the population; thus the environment is selecting for the traits of the more reproductively successful individuals. This is the idea behind natural selection.

Now, take a population and partition it into two groups that do not breed with one another (for example, by way of some geographic barrier). If these two groups do not breed with each other for many generations, differential selective pressures will result in two different species that are no longer able to breed with one another.

>only atheists believe in evolution

Or you could just take five minutes to explain to the OP (and to yourself) how the theory that you believe actually operates. Faggot.

If OP's not gonna even agree to the concept of genetic inheritance, it's blatantly obvious that this is a shitpost bait thread.

Believe in the made up theory of genetic inheritance, or else a legitimate question is now bait.

that's called vicariance

>just take five minutes
>to explain a scientific theory
L0Lno fgt pls

Well it doesn't work like pokemon I can tell you that.

In a nutshell:

Mutation occurs.
The offspring with useful mutations thrive.
The offspring with harmful mutations struggle.
-> Useful mutations become common in a population.
-> Useful mutations become a trait of the species.
When a population has gained enough mutations as common traits, the species has diverged away from the originating species.
-> The species has evolved into another species.

This is the basic mechanism that most people have trouble understanding. Mutation is not knowing. It is if not random at least sporadic.

Giving bible belt trash access to internet was the biggest mistake America ever made