fantastic beasts and where to find them

Veeky Forums - Literature

>tfw no board to discuss film

Manchester by the Sea

The Handmaiden

tumblr

Suicide Squad or Sausage Party

Captain America: Civil War

>tfw no one posts a /stage&screen/ general on /lit even though it's absolutely relevant and literary

Fuckk off, you idiot. "Film" is the most pleb artistic medium there is.

Since I haven't seen Manchester By The Sea yet, I'd go with Certain Women or Evolution.

neon demon

my sextape desu

haven't watched any 2016 movie, i barely watch films and i'm still working through the "classics" like tartovsky, bergman, fellini etc

Kubo desu

The Witch obv. I just read the Penguin Book of Witches for source material, pretty solid. It was well made and crafted, and it should have been marketed as a high drama with religious tones and not a horror movie for plebs.

You guys should get into the hulu criterion collection. My whole family is basically Full House and Disney family movies tier though, so I have no one to watch with.

Embrace of the Serpent

I'm looking to try and get into film more. Is something like FilmStruck worth paying for? I had Netflix for a while but everything on there was shit (I live in the UK) and not worth paying for.

Cemetery of Splendor

Bergman is the only above average filmmaker you named

lol

Toni Erdmann

Arrival

Hey /sp/, name your architecture of the year

Solid picks but those are 2015
side note I got to meet Weerasethakul at a screening of CoS. It was really cool, he talked a bunch about the film being 90 mins long because he wanted to mimic a dream cycle and other shit like that.
It was good but i wasn't really seeing anything there that he hadn't already done before
this unironically
I know it got a bunch of shit for not having depth or being too meme-worthy, but it was actually really good
I was dazzled by all those trippy sequences and the ost was gold

It had a very simple direction to it, but the combination of glamor and perversity made that simple direction very suitable. It's a powerful film, and probly my FOTY

Literally utter trash. German film is still dead. It was cringy and stupid, not funny in the slightest, and felt like boring, schoolchildren tier-morality at the end
>"be yourself! do what you want to do! happiness is everything! be quirky!"
absolutely terrible

Fuck off, Veeky Forums is the designed board for being pretentious about humanities

Yeah netflix is shit
Filmstruck from what I've heard has some good stuff, but you'll be choosing from their selection as opposed to searching for what you want to see.

I'd recommend learning how to torrent

wrong, finger doodles

this is my pick

>Park Chan-Wook, Refn, Weerasethakul, Lonergan, Reichardt, flavor of the month Palme winner, the list goes on!

Dilettantes.

I guess The Lobster, if that was this year

but that's an awful movie

Well, it's either that or the Secret Life of Pets, I haven't been to the movies much this year

the handmaiden; for pure comfort, doctor strange, first half was terrible tbqh though

I've only been to three so probably CA Civil War