Can I get a quick rundown on fluoridated water, Veeky Forums?

Can I get a quick rundown on fluoridated water, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/
youtu.be/n_gMWnWb1m0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.

>dihydrogen oxide
>fluoride

Mix em up and there ya have it!

Impact of fluoride on neurological development in children

>The average loss in IQ was reported as a standardized weighted mean difference of 0.45, which would be approximately equivalent to seven IQ points for commonly used IQ scores with a standard deviation of 15.

Too much flouride is lethal :^)

Fluorosilic acid*

It's smart public policy to mix fluoride ions into the drinking water supply because it prevents tooth decay.

Not everything is a conspiracy, you shithead.

literally not an arguement

you need to explain why preventing tooth decay is a good enough benefit to warrant a lower IQ

or i guess it's smart public policy to lower the IQ of brainlets like you so that you're easier to control

Literally not how you spell "argument."

"Lowering IQ." Jesus Christ, go live in the fucking woods or whatever. Grownups need to get things done.

Go on. Go. No one will miss you and your dumb nonsense. Just leave us alone.

wow another non-arguement, i'm not even surprised

some of us value our IQ because we use it unlike you

next?

Another /x/-tier fluoridated water thread. Yay.

>fluoride is an antidepressant put in the water for mind control purposes
>fluoride is an IQ suppressor to engineer a stupid populace
>fluoride is a cheap ion which is robust to the microwave radiation output by government mind control satellites
I've seen all of these conspiracies suggested and none of them are true. The reality is thus:
Fluoride is industrial waste from steel manufacturing. Thanks to Big Steel you've been sold a lie about it preventing tooth decay when in reality it's just a water contaminant. It's not harmful in small amounts but not proven to be beneficial.

But really? Fluoride lowers IQ? Are you fucking serious? The countries with the lowest mean IQ don't have public water utilities. Explain that with your fluoride "theory" you fucking dumbshits.

>Fluoride lowers IQ? Are you fucking serious? The countries with the lowest mean IQ don't have public water utilities. Explain that with your fluoride "theory" you fucking dumbshits.
have you ever heard of the scientific method?

or maybe reading the posts before you to see

you brainlets need to lurk more before posting such inane garbage

Do you even understand the irony of linking to a meta-analysis while lecturing someone on the "scientific method"?
You're gullible trash.

>Do you even understand the irony of linking to a meta-analysis while lecturing someone on the "scientific method"?
no please explain, are you implying the studies analyzed didn't follow the scientific method?

try again.

Hey, dumbass.
Meta-analyses are intrinsically nonscientific.
Or didn't you already learn that?

I could prove that mathematically but I lack the patience. Now run along and buy some Aquafina, you precious little princess. We wouldn't want you to lose an IQ point; you might wind up legally retarded.

zZz

more ad hominems and not making a single point about the actual material in the scientific paper

mind trying again?

you seem to have a grasp of the scientific method comparable to the average freshman

The concentrations in those Chinese studies are much, much higher than in municipal water supplemented with fluoride. Either you know this and you're being deceptive, or you haven't read it.

people thought it might be a good idea in the 1950's, most countries have abandoned it since

Generally you trade dentist work for broken hips in old age

haha #REKT these conpiracy shitheads rolflolmoxd

Public water supply should not be medicated, period. I don't care if it's good or bad or has no effect at all, it should just never happen for reasons of principle.

youtu.be/n_gMWnWb1m0

/deb/ater here

Ive said this again and again,

But here goes one last time.

In debate you really cant defend fleuride.

>fleuride helps protect teeth.
Oh so how long does it say on your teeth when your drinking a glass of tap water? 1 second? 1.5 seonds? Then it goes into you gut, where it bonds to the calcium you just ate. Wanna know what it does next? Well if it gets past your gut, which it very well might because its acidic, it then bonds to your bones and creates weak points in them, the same for the teeth you think you are defending. This is actually a disease that effects people who live with highly fluoridated water supplies.
>oh, well im sure that its too small a dose to actually do that to you, plus its put into the water to keep it clean.
So, even though the dose is small, its too small to kill human cells but just enough to kill bacteria cells in the water supply?
>Well im sure it cant kill that many human cells, afterall we regrow our cells.
No but a lifetime of abuse will result in a build up in the body. This may not be a problem when your 25, but when your 75 then this could cause a problem. Its basically the equivalent of todays asbestos.

Underrated post