So how come it seems like people on this board hate reddit so much...

So how come it seems like people on this board hate reddit so much? Did something happen between this particular board with the other site's reading board or the whole website in general that was a big event that I just didn't hear anything about? There seems to be all these bizarre prejudices against reddit boards or if you post a tumblr picture.

gb2r

It's because reddit is shit. Go there and stay there.

But why? I want answers dammit!

This whole website hates reddit. I was never a fan of the whole upvoting system and the attention whoring the produces. It's the most generic internet forum outside of facebook. Most people ive seen use it in real life just browse mindlessly for funny pictures. saged and reported

Just go back. If you don't understand why reddit is so cancerous you just need to go back. You're shitting up my website.

It's mostly a meme. It doesn't mean anything.

I don't like sites that have upvote/downvote options, though, and actual consequences for being downvoted too much.

I hate reddit because of the fucking comment > sub comment thread system, and how everyone can look at your past posts, and they can permanently ban you from a board if they don't like what you say. I fucking hate boards that have strict moderators, nothing makes me angrier than some dumb fuck with authority over me controlling what I say.

where you raised by a single mother or something

Reddit is a place where you post the most mainstream opinions and pretend they arent so you can all crywank eachother off and get upvoted

Veeky Forums has more popular opinions than others, but in general everyone hates eachother enough that theyll argue just for the sake of it and you can le downboat someone you disagree with

Lel nice irony. You're just afraid.

>There seems to be all these bizarre prejudices against reddit boards

r/writing/comments/50zgb0/post_your_opening_sentence/

>that filename
>not 'You Are Called To Account'

reddit used to be treated with apathy, but then /v/ moved here en masse around 2 years ago and Veeky Forums turned absolute garbage

I blame the user who made the katiegate image.

I didn't bother to post on Veeky Forums at all for like 2 years, and Katie Gate p much was right in the middle. Completely out of character for the board.

>Completely out of character for the board

I'd like to think so, except for how often it gets reposted

>So how come it seems like people on this board hate reddit so much?

people on Veeky Forums generally hate reddit. Veeky Forums hates reddit because it is a circle jerk. The karma system encourages people to act fake in order to earn points. people on Veeky Forums can be edgy but at least people are "real" here.

It only takes one or two posters, and ofc anyone can post.

people on Veeky Forums act far from natural

It's just a meme. It was legit hate years ago, but it's just people trying to fit in now by spouting opinions they think they should have. Veeky Forums is reddit and has been for years, so if you hate reddit, why are you still coming here?

>people on Veeky Forums act far from natural

well being anonymous is going to have an influence on how people act. the main problem here is the culture. Veeky Forums seems ok but i dont really know, i have only just started coming on this board.

fuck off back to plebbit

Do you mean they don't act like they would in a face-to-face situation? Because you could argue that being associated with an identity and consequences of your speech could lead to you restricting yourself in very unnatural ways.

you mean people on Veeky Forums act perfectly natural and when they go out to society they have to restrain themselves