I want to learn more about post capitalism, Veeky Forums, where do I start?

I want to learn more about post capitalism, Veeky Forums, where do I start?

>inb4 le greeks
already done bro..

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Race-Against-Machine-Accelerating-Productivity/dp/0984725113/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1481410630&sr=1-1&keywords=race against the machine
amazon.com/Rise-Robots-Technology-Threat-Jobless/dp/0465097537
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wealth of Nations
Das Kapital
Economics in One Lesson
General Theory of Employment, Interest, and Money
Capitalism and Freedom
What is to be Done?
Unabomber Manifesto
The Pure Theory of Capital
This Changes Everything

The list covers most of the major perspectives on capitalism, and understanding of which seems like a prerequisite to reading about post-capitalism.

Ignore the first response unless you want to funnel yourself into traditional marxist irrelevance. Post-capitalism in this century will be based on evolutionary, network and/or complexity economics. TED-talk tier intros include Jeremy Rifkin and Cesar Hidalgo.

I'd love to learn more about capitalism and ideologies overall desu got any tips on where to start

>traditional marxist irrelevance

Marxists are the guys who give you the term capital at all, doofus. Maybe they're not germane to the conversation today - or, more accurately, because you don't like Marxists yourself, and we both know this is true, b/c otherwise why would you be so dismissive? - but it is pretty ridiculous to tell this user not to read it.

user: i want to learn about the roman empire
other user: you should read romans
you: ignore traditional roman irrelevance. read renaissance historians instead, they know the deal

ffs

there's no such thing, capital is cancerous and has totally submerged everything already
anarcho-primitivism is the only real hope of resistance

>Post-capitalism in this century will be based on evolutionary, network and/or complexity economics
mere buzzwords just masking more intense despotic forms of control and growth of capital

>or, more accurately, because you don't like Marxists yourself, and we both know this is true, b/c otherwise why would you be so dismissive?

There's lots of marxists I like and I'm sympathetic to marxism's moral aims but frankly, the suggestion that neoclassical econ is going to die and be replaced by even older theories is absurd. If radicalism wants to be relevant again, it needs to be grounded in modern criticisms.

>mere buzzwords just masking more intense despotic forms of control and growth of capital

True maybe of network economics but reveals complete ignorance of the others.

search Technological Unemployment in google.

read this
amazon.com/Race-Against-Machine-Accelerating-Productivity/dp/0984725113/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1481410630&sr=1-1&keywords=race against the machine

read this
amazon.com/Rise-Robots-Technology-Threat-Jobless/dp/0465097537

People that boast about having invented terms are so sad.

Basically, Luddites were right and Marx was partially wrong.

There is no post capitalism. That's like saying post hunger, or post thought.

unshaven man meme

Post-capitalism is a word which implies certain connotations, so yes it is a thing.

Nope.

Nope.

>thinks all commerce is capitalism

In 2 trash

Hey, you know what? You - you -

...you're *right.* So I apologize for being crusty. Having crawled through no small amount of Marxist theory I actually *like* neoclassical econ today and I genuinely do think it's the way to go. Plus you get bonus points for responding to me like an adult instead of being childish. So well played all round user. Not even upset to say that sometimes Veeky Forums still surprises me.

Now that I'm in a nice mood, I'll respond to this more kindly than usual. I'm not boasting about having invented the term: the Marxists did. And I'm not even boasting about their having invented it either, just that I felt it was germane to OP's question and user's response to it.

I mean, if I *was* Marx, I would be boasting about it. Don't get it twisted. But as I said, I am mainly in agreement with that user above.

Whoops.

(top part)
meant for

Commerce can't really exist without real private property rights. The antagonism of buyers and sellers is what creates rational prices. Otherwise we don't know the real value of things, so these things are arbitrarily traded. TLDR: democracy is stupid.

>Commerce can't really exist without real private property rights

Burden is now on you to explain all the commerce that happened before that concept emerged in the renaissance.

>TLDR: democracy is stupid

Does not follow

Private property has existed since the beginning of agriculture.

You're not inclined to make a rational decision when you're spending someone else's money.

>Private property has existed since the beginning of agriculture.

Don't embarrass yourself now by claiming divine right was private property

but capitalism relies on private property rights and regulated trade

how could it exist before either of these did

Its not divine right. Individuals owned their own farms since the beginnings of time. Ie private property.

By owning your own farm.

And capitalism doesn't require regulated trade. The exact opposite actually.

>he doesn't know about priest-king central redistribution systems
Do you even anthropolgy?

so if one kid trades his rock for another kid's rock, you're claiming this is an example of capitalism at work?

"No"

The extent in which the state controlled a country, in the past, was diminished in the past. There were some places, like south east Asia, for example, there the state only had control of a few cities.

Sure.

Yep.

>"post" capitalism

No amount of mental gymnastics will help you overcome the economic calculation problem but feel free to waste your time attempting to

>Yep.

Is feudalism denial going to be the hot meme in 2017?

>it's another ideological history post
no thanks
(You)

I'm not denying feudalism...

You're the one blinded by ideological, buddy.

You're literally denying that land belonged to royalty by divine right and was held but not owned by landholders and worked by propertyless serfs, ie feudalism

fug i got trolled
:DDDD

>economic calculation problem
worst meme ever
had some substance in the 20s before modern IT but some input-output analysis on a super computer is a lot less impressive than google spidering trillions of webpages every second

In certain parts of the world, sure. And certain parts of history, sure.

> lost argument
> starts spouting nothingness

You don't understand the argument.

>In certain parts of the world, sure. And certain parts of history, sure.

So now explain why there was commerce in these times and places, when capitalism did not exist.

Good god you libertarian robots are the worst recyclers of the same phrases, fucking over and over. You all sound the same.

Postcapitalism is some stupid shit. From what I have briefly read about this idea, it says that technological change will create a huge reduction in the need for labor in society, everyone will be on UBI, and so on. This is really not postcapitalism, because production for profit still exists, and private property, in particular intellectual property, still exists. I think a more likely outcome of technological change is that people under the 90th percentile in IQ become unemployable, and the ruling class, tiring of caring for them and capable of enforcing their property rights without the State, leaves them to fend for themselves while establishing something resembling Communism in super-advanced city-states.

You're saying we're limited to understanding markets exactly as well as someone in 1820, or 1920 did? It baffles me how regressive and status-quo clinging pro market stooges are.

Private property did exist.

The same can be said about any political group. But libertarians are by far the least guilty of this.

You don't understand the argument.

>You don't understand the argument.
Well Mises's whole notion that there can be no scientific account of human needs but only of consumer preference is bullshit to begin with but beyond that you're left with the real issue of technological constraints which can be approached.

You don't understand the argument. By the way, "bullshit" is not an argument.

>post capitalism

>Private property did exist.

Property but not privacy, in the medieval there were all kinds of local laws requiring people to own or not own certain things.

>he thinks "libertarian" is an ideology
can there be a general consensus to just ban americans like these from this board

The basic issues surrounding coordination is just a technological issue but the whole ontological mystique of the market and "price signals" somehow effectively signalling what's actually wanted is bullshit when the only manner to provide signals is constrained by spending power so the things produced and consumed end up in no way reflecting what's really wanted, aggregate demand is never real demand.

>neoclassical econ

please give a neoclassical account of conflict in which more resources are destroyed than either side stands to gain.

Yes it was. If anything for the nobles.

Do you really think that is a substantive argument?

It being linked to spending power is exactly why it creates the *rational* coordination that it does. Only when you're willing to sacrifice something is your decision to take something truly rational. We can't, and can never, make everything that everyone wants. I want 7000 Elizabeth Olsen clones, I want Game of Thrones to have been written by William Faulkner, and so on. There are limits to consumption, so there should be limits to demand, and only through money and the price system is this possible.

>It being linked to spending power is exactly why it creates the *rational* coordination that it does. Only when you're willing to sacrifice something is your decision to take something truly rational. We can't, and can never, make everything that everyone wants. I want 7000 Elizabeth Olsen clones, I want Game of Thrones to have been written by William Faulkner, and so on. There are limits to consumption, so there should be limits to demand, and only through money and the price system is this possible.

I'm claiming quite the opposite, under a price system you end up with very irrational outcomes with most people consuming pure garbage and damaging themselves as a result, most of the time not because they wanted to but because it was all they could afford to do.
Those who consume the most do not sacrifice the most, those who consume little are who make it possible for those who do consume the most to do so.
If there are serious limits to consumption like you are claiming we should know what they are and be honest about it. Who should dictate what to produce and get to consume those scarce resources and why?

>Post-capitalism
No such thing. In case you haven't heard, history has ended that means capitalist, liberal democratic human is the the last form of human.
It only exists in the imagination of leftist hoi poloi.

Cool, and your claim is false.

I agree with you, but that's still one step away from the final stage of humanity. Stateless capitalism is the final state. Democracy is the enemy of liberty.

There is no 'post-capitalism'. There is only post-humanism via capitalism.