Reading Paradise Lost for the first time. Any recommendations for music to listen to while I read?

reading Paradise Lost for the first time. Any recommendations for music to listen to while I read?

Also, is the 2nd part of Faust worth reading?

pic mildly related, that's me reading poetry.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt2zubHcER4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DCP58BigEfw
youtube.com/watch?v=0qiKibwX-tU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

chopin

Any music that is without words, preferably something "classical"

Maybe sacred choral music

>Also, is the 2nd part of Faust worth reading?
Yes, I don't know why it's so common to only read the first part

I was more attached to the first part. It had a nice hero plot but the second seems more like a lecture from a teacher.

If you listen to music while you read, you should have your books taken away from you

I only listen to instrumentals/piano/opera/classical/house music.

No, 2nd part of Faust isn't worth reading.

>house

you can't listening Beethoven and read at the same time. You should take your time to hear the 9th and hear details of that thing.
Don't mix them, less if you hear "Classical" (I hate when people think that Bach and Wagner are in the same category, but I learnt to accept it). You will lose a lot, like a play a video game while you work.

harpsichord trap.

Madness - Our House

This guy again.

Sweet fuck, it's perfectly ok to have Beethoven or Bach in the background while you read. No, you won't absorb everything the way you would if you listened to it on its own, but that's ok. user is just looking for something to have on in the background. They can listen to it by itself at another time if they are inclined to enjoy it for its own merit.

Can we please stop having this fucking conversation every god damn time someone suggests this having this kind of music playing while they read?

>Again
First time

>Can we please stop having this fucking conversation every god damn time someone suggests this having this kind of music playing while they read?
No, because it is stupid. At least don't hear Beethoven, hear Rihanna or Daft Punk.

You are the kind of person that read a book and want to see it in a movie.

This is honestly why I play something like Eno's ambient works or something similar or nothing at all usually. Something like classical distracts me way to much, if I just need noise I'll play something that's meant to just be heard as noise, pretty noise, but inconsequential music nevertheless

Liszt

Like hell I would listen to concentration shattering things like Rihanna while reading books. I've heard each of Beethoven's symphonies countless times and yet every one of these threads there's someone calling this stuff out as if people are "unqualified" to listens to classical music

>You are the kind of person that read a book and want to see it in a movie

Kek, good one.

Anyway, you're flat-out wrong. Why can someone not listen to Beethoven or whomever else while they read? Like I said, if they want to listen to it on its own to appreciate a piece for it own sake, they can do that. Just because they won't be attuned to the details of the piece doesn't mean it can't make good background music.

Personally, I never listen to music while I read unless I am using to mask other, more distracting background noise like when I was in college and had an annoying creative writing major for a roommate and I didn't want to be subjected to the inane bullshit of he and his friends as they read their shit poetry and talked about what they thought was the principles of Buddhism. As I've stated in previous threads when responding to ignorant, self-righteous posters like yourself, I've even discovered some of my favorite composers like Dvořák and Bartók by listening to new compositions while reading, recognizing that I liked something about them in particular, and going back to listen to them again later while not doing anything else.

So many typos. Oh, well. Typed it out quick while doing some things for work and forgot to proofread. My points still stand.

Where do I start if I want to be able to artistically and autistically appreciate classical music? I guess this is more of a question for /mu/, but you seem to know about the topic.

I used to have the same opinion, but then I realized that many people without any musical experience or training have a hard time hearing these details, or even know what to listen for. Ask someone what the difference is between Beethoven and some light "classical" sounding incidental music, and I think many people will have a hard time giving a coherent answer. So if you can keep Beethoven on in the background and focus on other things at the same time, then go ahead.

I guarantee you that user doesn't shit except how to namedrop the most well-known composers in an effort to appear "cultured" to the "bookish" girls at his liberal arts college, thinking this will finally get him laid.

it doesn't

you have to start learning piano and composing
if you have no musical education that's the only way forward

>but I learnt to accept it
Thank you. There's nothing worse than autists refusing to acknowledge the colloquial meaning of "Classical".
"Weeeeell, actually Wagner's music is of the romantic period."

Listen to debussy and chopin if you havent. Debussy is beautiful to the layman and the expert so i think you'll enjoy it (the girl with flaxen hair, 2 Arabesques: no. 1 in E major, Reverie). Chopin's nocturnes and ballades are all very easy to listen to and enjoy (Ballade no. 1, nocture op.9 no.1&2, op.posthumous in c sharp minor lento, fantasie impromtu op.66)
This Bernstein lecture will help you understand and appreciate classical a bit more m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt2zubHcER4
If you like that, here is a mozart one m.youtube.com/watch?v=DCP58BigEfw
Then watch debussy or beehtoven or any other compiser he covers

(((Bernstein))) is a hack
and Mozart was a bad composer who died too late rather than too early.

The 1st part of Faust isn't even worth reading.

It's not a travesty to mix those things. It really isn't a big deal to confuse classical music (Renaissance, chamber, classical, opera, romantic, w/e)

they're all the same to me and if I played an obscure bach you didn't know and then chopin and then mozart and then Tchaikovsky and asked you to name the composer and style, YOU FUCKING COULDN'T DO IT SO STOP TRYING TO SOUND LIKE AN ELITIST U FUCK

jokes on you I listened to every work these composers have ever done

but desu idk how you would confuse those four you pleb

No music, just words. You shouldn't need music to help you read.

I had Mozart's Requiem on repeat through Paradise Lost, fits perfectly

shut the fuck up nigger

I haven't watched any EDP videos in ages

zoviet france
youtube.com/watch?v=0qiKibwX-tU

>Beethoven
>Merits less concentration than Rihanna
stay pleb