How come there isn't a big chain restaurant that specializes in selling hot dogs...

How come there isn't a big chain restaurant that specializes in selling hot dogs, there are pretty big chains that sell hamburgers, tacos, fried chicken, pizza, subs, etc. But why not hot dogs? it seems like a wasted opportunity.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6R8n6FbXVc8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sonic

pic related

Weinershnitzel, or however the fuck it's spelled.

I think Burger King sells them in the USA...not available in Canada...I have to go to Dairy Queen for that...

my bad these are only in houston i had no idea

Wienerschnitzel.

Hot Dog focused ventures don't do very well because Hot Dogs are pretty much exclusively cheap food. And Fast Food joints make money off the higher ticket items as well as Soda and Fries.

Nathan's Hot Dogs is a chain in NY and maybe other parts of the north east?

Probably the best chain food hot dog I've had. They charge up the ass though. Paid $9 for a plain dog and a chili cheese dog

Burger King and Dairy QUEEN

JACK in the box

I think op meant specializing in hot dogs, not just a company that has hot dogs.

what the fuck are they really? i pass one on the way home from work and i've been taking it for granted

in the midwest USA there's "Dog n' suds", a carhop restaurant.

There are lots of regional chains that specialize in hot dogs all over the US, but the only national chain I can think of is Weinerschnitzel (which stymied me the first time I went there and realized they didn't actually serve schnitzel, I was so sad). Sonic serves hot dogs (think they have 4 or so varieties), but it's not their "specialty", so it doesn't count.

We got Nathan's on the WC too.

I know they have a lot of other shit, but as far as I know the hotdog is the central item on the sonic menu. I've been told by several people it's the only thing worth buying.

Portillo's? Although I guess they don't specialize in hot dogs, but they're pretty good. Regional though.

Wienerschnitzel is what comes to the top of my head.

Weinershnitzel. But I think hot dogs is just one of those foods that people would rather make themselves.

I'd say it's the drinks. I bought a burger from Sonic one time and it had shredded lettuce on it. It just fell out all over the place. Never again.

Gimme dat chicago dog, some tots, and an ocean water

Wienerschnitzel has been brought up multiple times, but really, the problem is that they're low quality, get soggy in the drive thru, and are overpriced.

They're just not in demand enough to be freshly made, I guess. Better as a street vendor snack thing or an add-on item.

Y'all niggas dont have James Coney Island, that sucks.

>he's never heard of James Coney Island

stay pleb

There's nothing to be gained from making it into a franchise. The knowhow, initial investment, profit margins and consumer preferences dictate that hot dog carts or 7/11 or delis control the field.

bc hot dogs are literally the worst garbage excuse of a "sausage", usually smothered in red corn syrup for pissbabies with no taste. eat a fucking real sausage you chode

I have Coney island hot dogs here in Florida. But there's no "James" and the logo is different

Nathan's are in Vegas, too. I think I only had it once, too young to remember if they're were good or not.

Huh? That's veal schnitzel

Fucking love eating there..

youtube.com/watch?v=6R8n6FbXVc8

People don't eat hot dogs anymore just like they don't eat balogna. It's a fair food or something people eat once a year at baseball games.

Love these places, there's Dog n suds in my small illinois town and it's great fast food.

While they're still popular hot dogs have taken a back seat to burgers, pizza and fried chicken. They were more of a thing in thr first couple decades of the 20th Century when there was less competition in the fast food industry.