What is the best bottled water?

What is the best bottled water?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GceNsojnMf0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Costco/Kirkland Water. Can't beat that Costco quality.

Tap water that's been put into a bottle.

Cold

Walmart purified water. 3.50 for like 30 bottles.

How do you know you're actually getting the good shit?

Because it's distilled and it tastes good. No off taste or anything.
>Purified water is Walmarts brand

Water is water. there is no difference no matter what brand you buy. I guarentee you if I gave you water from a toilet bowl and a glass of water from dasani or whatever the fuck company you want and you wouldnt be able to tell the difference.

>Water is water. there is no difference no matter what brand you buy.

That's like saying there is no difference between water from the city and water from a personal well. There are different purification practices and some brands make a better water product.

EVIAN IS GOD TIER

You never drink 100% pure H2O unless youre swilling from like a Millipore system in a chem lab. Minerals give it that taste you associate with water, or else it literally has no taste.

I'm a fan of Dasani personally.

>Taste buds so rekt by HFCS, can't taste water

You sorry sack of shit. I have a personal well and it's the best water you could possibly drink. Remove HFCS from your life, you fatfuck.

as if
you should stay silent if you don't know what you are talking about, pleb

homemade bottled water ofc

tap water
youtube.com/watch?v=GceNsojnMf0

That the 2 or 4 year old?

Wah'ah

Smart Water is my shit.

I knew there'd be one of these in the thread.

Taste River rock and decide whether or not that tastes the same as other water

Absolute shit tier bottled water

>he doesnt acknowledge the fine tastes of caffeine and estrogenes in his water

i bet you don't like building up unilocular adipose tissue. silent spring weeps for you.

For me it's Fiji water

For me it's Dasani

midwest dasani is just milwaukee tap water

>What is the best bottled water?

For those of you faggots that buy Alkaline water for $$$$, here's a chart that might save you some money.

> Vitaminwater 3.4, Propel Zero 3.5, Propel Fitness Water3.36, Penta 4.0, Dasani 4.5, Function 5.0, Perrier 5.5, Poland Spring 5.8, Voss 6.0, Ice Mountain 6.0, Crystal Geyser 6.0, Deer Park 6.3, Smart Water 6.5, Great Value Walmart 6.5, Gerber Pure Water 6.5, Arrowhead 6.83, Evian 7.0, Eternal 7.0, Volvic 7.0, Zephyrhills 7.5, Absopure 7.5, Fiji 7.5, Super Chill 7.5, Evamor 8.0, Real Water 8.0, Essentia 9.0.
For the price, Arrowhead is nearly alkaline with tons of minerals and cost of normal bottled water... where as Evian is retarded expensive.

>> Vitaminwater 3.4, Propel Zero 3.5, Propel Fitness Water3.36, Penta 4.0, Dasani 4.5, Function 5.0, Perrier 5.5, Poland Spring 5.8, Voss 6.0, Ice Mountain 6.0, Crystal Geyser 6.0, Deer Park 6.3, Smart Water 6.5, Great Value Walmart 6.5, Gerber Pure Water 6.5, Arrowhead 6.83, Evian 7.0, Eternal 7.0, Volvic 7.0, Zephyrhills 7.5, Absopure 7.5, Fiji 7.5, Super Chill 7.5, Evamor 8.0, Real Water 8.0, Essentia 9.0.

Basically, the idea is to drink as much alkaline water as possible to keep your body from becoming too acidic.

This is the basic concept behind People migrating to "Mineral Springs" for Gout and other health related issues.

The alkaline water actually balances the over acidic body that causes Gout. This is the case for many other diseases also.

>Fiji 7.5

And this is what I usually buy. A little more expensive than Arrowhead, but affordable, and alot more alkaline. Fiji water has tons of silica.

Where as Essentia water is like $7 a bottle at fufu coffee shops.

What a nonsensical idea. Do people actually believe that they can affect their body's pH by doing this? Wouldn't even a basic understanding of human biology suggest that the idea is completely nonsensical?

>Do people actually believe that they can affect their body's pH by doing this?

Absolutely yes.

You don't think the foods you eat and the fluids you drink affect your PH balance?

Our body doesn't regulate PH in a perfect range like we do with temperature.

This has been validated in many studies... I'm surprised this is even being challenged.

regular water or sparkling?

because Borsec is king

> THE MORE YOU KNOW*************

Factors that Affect Levels in the Body
The average pH in human blood is about 7.4, and narrowly ranges from 7.35 to 7.45. A slight change outside of this range can be devastating to cells and the entire body. Normal day to day activity affects our pH on a continual basis. This includes the air we breathe, the food we eat, and our urine that is excreted. Something as simple as washing your hands affects the pH on your skin.

Diet, however, plays a major role in acid base balance in the human body. A healthy diet should consist of about 75% alkaline foods such as vegetables, fruits and non animal proteins. The other 25% of a healthy diet includes acidic foods such as animal proteins (meat), grains, and dairy products.

How the Body Regulates pH
There are three important mechanisms the body uses to regulate PH. The first is a chemical buffer, the second line of defense is the respiratory system, and last, is the urinary system. These three mechanisms work together to keep body pH within that narrow range.

Chemical Buffers

The most important chemical buffer is Bicarbonate (HCO3). The body uses bicarbonate to perform a chemical reaction with strong acids and bases on a regular basis. For reference, look at the simplified equation below.

The H ion binds to the hydrogen, leaving the reaction with water and CO2, which can easily be eliminated by breathing and urination. This reaction can also be reversed, if more H+ ions are needed to be released into the blood and make it more acidic. The kidneys aid in this process by releasing Bicarbonate when it is needed.

HCO3 + H = H20 + CO2

>You don't think the foods you eat and the fluids you drink affect your PH balance?

It's like trying to make a swimming pool salty by adding a teaspoon of salt.

Why would drinking slightly alkaline water have any effect on your body which is hundreds of times the volume of the water?

And if people really did want to make themselves "more alkaline", wouldn't it make more sense to consume a stronger base, like baking soda?

Speaking of acids and bases, how exactly does this "alkaline water" survive a person's stomach acid, which is among the stronger acids known?

>Diet, however, plays a major role in acid base balance in the human body. A healthy diet should consist of about 75% alkaline foods such as vegetables, fruits and non animal proteins. The other 25% of a healthy diet includes acidic foods such as animal proteins (meat), grains, and dairy products.

Unsurpisingly, as wesetern cultures eat more meats, we started developing higher cancer rates.

And as countries like China replace their rice based diet with more meat based diets, their cancer rates are spiking also.

This was easy to look up. Drinking too much alkaline water can cause metabolic acidosis. It happens.

And why should we ascribe those higher cancer rates to somethinng as silly as pH?

Why not chemical preservatives and other synthetic additives to food? Pollution? Lifestyle changes (i.e. less physical activity)

This sounds like total confirmation bias rather than causal proof.

>And as countries like China replace their rice based diet with more meat based diets, their cancer rates are spiking also.

"In a study called "Acid pH in Tumors and Its Potential for Therapeutic Exploitation" published in August 1989 in Perspectives in Cancer Research, measurement of pH in tissue showed that the microenvironment in tumors is generally more acidic than in normal tissues."

>Drinking too much alkaline water can cause

no fucking shit. drinking too much water can cause water poisoining.

durhur WATER MUST BE BAD!!!

Does that study focus on where the acid came from? In other words, did acidity cause the tumor, or did the tumor cause acidity?

We need causality here, not just a correlation. Without causality this is as stupid as saying that scabs cause cuts.

Keep in mind what is usually marketed as "ALKALINE WATER" is usually waaaay tooo alkaline. And too much of anything is bad.

Like the guy suggested. Somewhere around 7 is good.

9 is just begging for kidney stones.

You missed the point entirely.
user was asking if it was possible to alter your pH by drinking alkaline water. The fact that metabolic acidosis exists is proof that you can indeed change your pH via diet.

>In other words, did acidity cause the tumor, or did the tumor cause acidity?

Therein lies the difficulty of these types of chronic diseases.

We didn't know chronic inflammation was a precursor to cancer until a decade ago.

We didn't know chronic high blood pressure was a precursor to heart disease and all sorts of health problems 500 years ago.

It seems like this sort of thing would be REALLY easy to test.

Get a bunch of lab rats. Feed the control group a standard diet. Feed multiple test groups varying degrees of alkaline & acidic diets. Compare cancer rates.

Are glass bottles tacky/too much?

Jesus you sound just as dumb as him.

alkaline water won't give you kidneystones

I clearly like a pure glass of water the best, but if you guys care about alkaline drinks you should research herbal teas (ofc without anything added - no sugar, no milk, no sweetener and so on)

Dasani

water from the garden hose>alle

They both have their charm but I prefer the 2 year old. The 4 year old is a bit overripe and tastes too intense to fancy it.

I really like Gerolsteiner sparkling water, it's quite fizzy

sparkling water is acidic
you should go for pure water if you drink it for health

Wasn't expecting to see River Rock! It's not that bad, there are worse bottled waters out there.

I had Dasani in America and it gave me the shits so it's bottom tier for me.

your tears, filled in a bottle

Later, the next night in fact, three of us, Craig McDermott, Courtney and myself, are in a cab heading toward Nell’s and talking about Evian water. Courtney, in an Armani mink, has just admitted, giggling, that she uses Evian for ice cubes, which sparks a conversation about the differences in bottled water, and at Courtney’s request we each try to list as many brands as we can.
Courtney starts, counting each name off on one of her fingers. “Well, there’s Sparcal, Perrier, San Pellegrino, Poland Spring, Calistoga…” She stops, stuck, and looks over at McDermott for help.
He sighs, then lists, “Canadian Spring, Canadian Calm, Montclair, which is also from Canada, Vittel from France, Crodo, which is Italian…” He stops and rubs his chin thoughtfully, thinking of one more, then announces it as if surprised. “Elan.” And though it seems he’s on the verge of naming another one, Craig lapses into an unilluminating silence.
“Elan?” Courtney asks.
“It’s from Switzerland,” he says.
“Oh,” she says, then turns to me. “It’s your turn, Patrick.”
Staring out the window of the cab, lost in thought, the silence I’m causing filling me with a nameless dread, numbly, by rote, I list the following. “You forgot Alpenwasser, Down Under, Schat, which is from Lebanon, Qubol and Cold Springs—”
“I said that one already,” Courtney cuts in, accusingly.
“No,” I say. “You said Poland Spring.”
“Is that right?” Courtney murmurs, then tugging at McDermott’s overcoat, “Is he right, Craig?”
“Probably.” McDermott shrugs. “I guess.”
“You must also remember that one should always buy mineral water in glass bottles. You shouldn’t buy it in plastic ones,” I say ominously, then wait for one of them to ask me why.
“Why?” Courtney’s voice is tinged with actual interest.
“Because it oxidizes,” I explain. “You want it to be crisp, with no aftertaste..”
After a long, confused, Courtney-like pause, McDermott admits, staring out the window, “He’s right.”

This discussion is amazing
thanks for sharing it with us

>ooooohhh no some carbonic acid on muh teef gonna die :(((((

nu-male

Lmao. Kys retard. Before you do go try the tap water in new orleans. You can see shit swimming in it.

Also, any place that has hard water is awful. Tastes like shit. Used to live in new mexico and that water was so bad no one drank it or used it for coffee aside from maybe the illegal spics that were used to drinking mexican sewer water

copepods are harmless and help control mosquitos + pathogens in the water supply

the only people who get butthurt at them are jews because hurf durf muh 3000 yo dietary laws

>still
vittel > evian > hepar > volvic > mt roucous
>sparkling
ty nant > san pellegrino > quezac > perrier > vichy > badoit

wtf
there are animals in your drinking water?

For me, it's Crystal Geyser, the best bottled water.

Crystal Geyser a.k.a airplane/train water
I don't know why only office supply stores sell these and not grocery stores, but it's my go-to choice.

Voss is nice
the bottle is made out of glass

Those are super impractical if you use them outside because they are super heavy

It is but a mixture of both. That is the main difference between the two standard diets, noting similarities with use of preserving and processed materials or ingredients.

Ever heard of accumulation?

Be warned: bottled water turns you into a trap.

Anyone else here can easily taste the difference between water brands/sources? As in, not just differentiating between shit water and ok water, but different salt/mineral level and etc.
I thought it was a common thing until I asked my friends. I guess it is because I rarely drink anything other than water

I pitty you people who dont have clean and tasty tap water.

Same with beer.

I pitty your quality of elementary school education

disturbing

I pity the people who keep paying the idiot tax for bottled water instead of getting a fucking filter.....

>not just having a well

I pity you if your water needs to be filtered.

I pity ALL of you.

>copepods
Men there is pic related in your drinking water?
This is like I visualized some 3rd world shitholes water.

I've learned something today.

I like the taste of aquafina.

>flyoverfag will never know the glorious taste of crushed up microscopic shrimp in his pizza dough

I pity you, truly

>flyoverfag
America isn't the whole world, you know? No. I guess you don't.

>shrimp in his pizza dough
shrimp
not every waterbug is called shrimp
those things are just goss

geeze
just enjoy the scientific aspect of this then and watch them

The cheapest one. Sometimes I get highly mineralized water but it has a strong flavor so I can't do anything else with it like diluting juice with it etc.

Dutch tap water is the best water.

It's spelled 'pity'.