So, Veeky Forums, what'd you cook today?

So, Veeky Forums, what'd you cook today?

For dinner tonight I made miso soup with leek dumplings and lacinato kale.

Other urls found in this thread:

budgetbytes.com/2011/07/yellow-jasmine-rice/
thekitchn.com/recipe-no-knead-sweet-potato-dinner-rolls-132580
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Made a pot of rice earlier

About to turn it into Ochazuke and have some steamed broccolini alongside.

How are you making the ochazuke? With tea or dashi?

Wait that was a dumb question, because it'd be chazuke with dashi and ochazuke with tea, right? What toppings are you putting on it?

nice
post a recipe?

Two lightly toasted sesame seed buns
Crisp Iceberg lettuce
A dollop of mayonnaise with onion powder added to taste
A premium chicken breast cutlet, lightly breaded and served hot
Combine and serve.

Made pic related last night, ribeye on the charcoal grill, roasted red potatoes with rosemary.

It's still raw.

I'm about to cook myself dinner. Which of these should I have?
Chicken with roast potato, gravy and peas
Spaghetti bolognese
Chicken, red lentil and sweet potato curry

Decide for me. Better yet:

0-2 gravy
3-5 bolognese
6-8 curry
9 I just make some toast

option 1 go

An overcooked soufflé.

I had the temp too high. Still tasty/edible, but it's not a soufflé anymore. ):

Should I take a picture of what is essentially the lightest omelette savoyarde ever made?

not as raw as your mum's cuntflaps last night

Mother fuckin' bagels, man. I asked my brother to pick up some cream cheese for me over the weekend so I could make cream cheese icing for carrot cake. He brought me back 24 fucking ounces of the stuff, so I'm trying to find ways to get rid of it. Whipped these up in a couple hours and god damn these are fun to make. The bottoms were a little chewy but I like having things to improve on.

Grilled chicken, roasted broccoli and rice.

OP here. I filled a big pot 1/3 full with water and added 1-ish tsp veggie “better than bullion.” Brought that to a boil and added frozen leek dumplings I got from my local bodega (the nice Korean grandma makes them, they’re delicious.) Simmered that for 3-5 minutes, then added chopped lacinato kale (3 stalks, de-ribbed), ½ sliced red onion, and 1 tsp grated ginger. Around this time, I took about ½ cup of the broth out of the pot and stirred in 2-3 tbsp red miso until it dissolved. Once the dumplings were fully heated up, I turned off the heat and stirred in the miso, and then sprinkled on 2 chopped spring onions.

>Chopsticks deep in your food

Gross

Today I just ate everything then wondered why Im getting fat.

nice! now I want to eat this badly 10/10

Crispy skin cornfed duck - rubbed down with salt, white pepper, all spice and dried ginger

Fried choysum with oyster sauce

Pickle of cilantro, scallion, red onion, chilli and sesame seeds

Some kale and spinach salad w Black Sea Bass

yum

Nice stuff anons, I made a bunch of things this week and I've mostly been eating vegetarian/vegan but I had my first go at homemade fried chicken. Not from today but from this week. Shit made such a huge mess, no wonder people buy it more often than cook it.

>frying chicken makes a huge mess

I really don't get this. I mix flour, salt pepper and paprika in a bag, salt and pepper my chicken, put chicken in bag and shake to coat, heat 1/4 inch of oil in an iron skillet, put chicken in and turn every 5 minutes. Take remove when 165F and drain on paper towel sitting on a plate.

Where's the mess?

Made a hotpot with Easter leftovers

bump for oc thread

Made a sweet potato pie tonight gonna try it tomorrow. Also made some sweet potato coins with paprika and cumin.

Almost done using up my sweet potatoes.. might try a scone recipe tomorrow.

Nothing because debilitating illness for past 4 days.

Cheated on my goal of cooking everything I eat and ordered out today.

RIP.

Looks delicious — did you make the crust yourself? And why did you have so many sweet potatoes?

Sadly no, this was an impulse bake so I ran out and got a frozen crust. The sweet potatoes were from my experimenting making Jamaican sweet potato pudding (pictures) which I discovered really requires the white flesh sweet potato to come out properly.

So now I've got all these orange flesh potatoes to use up! Made a bunch of no-knead dinner rolls with them as well that were great. Might make a batch of dog treats with the last one.

My old dog loved homemade sweet potato biscuits (flour, sweet potatoes, oats, egg.) Pic related, it's been almost 6 years and I miss him every day.

No-knead dinner roll recipe? I'm contemplating attempting to bake some bread or rolls soon, though I've never made bread before.

budgetbytes.com/2011/07/yellow-jasmine-rice/

with a avacado and fried egg. very delicious.

Different guy, but sorry bout your dog. Used to make meat treats for my old girl and she was damn near jumping whenever I brought out the frying pan.

Thanks, user. Sorry about your girl too.

He's adorable, I'm sorry he's gone.

I followed thekitchn.com/recipe-no-knead-sweet-potato-dinner-rolls-132580 . I've only made a few breads so far, and this one isn't too tough. Make sure you don't let the yeast go too long on the first rise and you'll be fine. I fell asleep and left the dough out overnight and ruined my first attempt.

Second attempt came out as pic related. Mild sweet potato taste but great texture. I've been slicing them in half and making little sliders with roasted veggies.

Oh, also definitely do brush the tops with butter before you bake.

Excellent, thanks for the recipe and especially for the tip about the yeast. Dunno why I'm so paranoid about making bread, it seems easy enough, but for some reason I'm intimidated by the rising/resting.

I get that way too but I think once you do it a couple times it gets easier. I made a Jamaican coco bread that required kneading, and just watched some YT vids to get it.

Really though it's fun to see your dough grow huge so fast. The only tip I wish someone had told me is a small one--keep a small bowl of flour nearby for your hands and countertop/work space. You don't wanna dump the bowl onto your dough but you'll wanna repowder quite often to work without sticking. Get flour everywhere. It's a life saver.

Your dog looks like a great one. I had to put this one down after 17 years together a few weeks ago and I can't even make pasta now because she loved it so much. This shit rips you apart.

I'm so sorry for your loss, user. She looks like a total sweetie.