ITT: Panty droppers

ITT: Panty droppers.

>be at the club
>dancing/grinding with drunk girl, music blaring
>lean my head in close to hers, and whisper into her ear;
>"I've read Critique of Pure Reason by Immanuel Kant, and my ethics are strictly deontological"
>promptly takes me by the hand, leads me to an uninhabited corner and gives me extremely passionate head

>The Roman writer Aelian accused the seal of being a ‘malignant creature’, since a seal will ‘vomit up the curdled milk from its stomach so that epileptics may not cured thereby’. 22 Ah, the perfidy of seals.

not even joking

MY DIARY DESU
Y

D
I
A
R
Y

T
B
H

Cultural Marxist hogwash.

and dropping cultural marxist panties. did you even read the thread?

I think Said is decent compared to all the shit that's out there.

Gogol is seriously underrated. He beats Tolstoy and Dosto to a pulp.

Your mum's panties dropped when she read my diary, desu.

What translation should I with for when I do read Gogol? I feel cautious when reading P&V, I don't think they're awful but I always feel like I'm missing the original touches of the author

Fucking this.

Any other better translation or is that the best?

gogol is to turgenev as dostoevsky is to tolstoy.

Based. This passage is stuck in my head:

>What does it mean, however, that even in his fall, the perishing dirty man demands to be loved? Is it an animal instinct? or the faint cry of the soul smothered under the heavy burden of base passions, still trying to break through the hardening crust of abominations, still crying: “Save me, brother!” There lacked a fourth for whom the most painful thing of all would be his brother’s perishing soul.

this one is true, I've met a bunch of girls studying lit and comp lit and whatever, and they were all wetting themselves over Said. Most of them hadn't even read him, just heard him mentioned in class.

''I will rape you like in her stories''

Even the guy on the cover is embarrassed by this shit.

No shit, he's holding that book and can't shrug it off. He's condemned to endlessly hold that book for all of eternity.

Intellect and knowledge can be a heavy burden

>hey bebe. You ever read dead souls by gogol?

A shitty Dark Souls ripoff

But wouldn't picking up people at a club be against the second formulation of the categorical imperative?
You'd basically be using a person as means to an end, in that case sexual gratification.

Hehehhee....

Reavey

If everyone went clubbing to have sex, would society crumble?

It would cause a lot of problems for people already in committed relationships.

Gogol is funny and P&V have absolutely no understanding of humor at all so avoid. To them a book is a legal contract or a set of programming instructions that needs to be parsed precisely and identically in any language. It's more of a gimmick (word-for-word translation!) than a legitimate philosophy imo

The opposite is just as bad, e.g. Japan

I think the Miller translation is typically considered to be the best but the Baille translation (published by Dover Philosophical Classics) is also decent.

You can still go out clubbing with the person you're committed to in a relationship. The maxim doesn't infer that you must have sex with some stranger at the club.

Lmao I gave a copy of Sense & Sensibility (best Austen btw) to my high school crush and we fucked in my car in her driveway two days after she finished it. Women are retarded, but then again, so am I.

You shut your whore mouth