Why do you browse Veeky Forums?

is everyone here fat or what? i'm definitely overweight.

I'm 5'11" ~135lbs, I just like food desu.

I made the mistake thinking I could learn something from this board but instead got sucked into a blackhole of shitposting and memes.

I started browsing Veeky Forums about 3-4 years ago and I was very fat at the time but have since lost a lot of weight and am almost at a healthy weight. I love to cook, eat, shop for food, go to restaurants and bars, talk about food, look at other people's pictues of food, share pictures of food I cooked, etc. I'm basically obsessed with food and cooking. This board is somewhat entertaining and sometimes funny. That's why I'm here.

I'm skeleton mode. Why don't you try eating less?

I'm here for the constant insults and lack of any sense of community, just like mootykins intended

>I just like food
Then why are you here?

It's almost like food is a basic thing that every human needs to survive, and that many humans also derive pleasure from.

That's a big fast food sandwich.

for me

>5'8"
>175lbs
i do i'm eating less, got on myfitness pal and have lost like 25 lbs since last summer. i just love food and talking about it and grew up watching food network. i want to experience fine dining.

No idea. With all the shitposting and hate in every thread, I somehow can't get away from this place.

Someone please enlighten me as to why I subject myself to this every day.

it pales in comparison to other boards. the hate also is mostly in relation to flyovers which is generally pretty hilarious.

FOR ME

Browse CK for fun and shitposts. 1/2 times ill see a legitimate recipe etc. Pic is proof that gems come from here.

I mostly browse when im hungry and am about to go to the grocery store. I like the shitposting but sometimes people have some good ideas for meals and Ill go and make them. Plus this board is comfy af

On the upper end of the normal BMI range but skinnyfat, working on fixing that. I'm here for the shitposting, unfiltered anonymous discussion, and asking questions that I fail at googling.

Starting to think there is no one on this board that actually cares about cooking and are just here to do nothing more than shitpost.

Im mentally ill but food seems to stabilize my mood disorders of the extended periods that im not allowed to be in public per doctors orders enforced by my legal guardian.

I'm lonely but also have too much anxiety to talk to people IRL. Also I think I have ADD and this is a distraction, and I crave distractions.

>not allowed to be in public

Holy fuck, where do you live? Is it a sort of walled place or what? Do they guard you? How do they know you interacted with the public too long for your own good?

This shit sounds spooky as fuck.

6'2" 200 lbs

Considered overweight. I just like cooking and eating. Always looking for that new simple go-to dish

6 foot, 114 pounds, because I eat actual food unlike you favorite fast food thread shitters

Honestly it's probably this board and mukbangs on youtube that help me NOT be overweight. I come here when I'm hungry and it usually satisfies my cravings enough to not eat

I first came here back when I had a condition that made it difficult to eat I hoped it would help make me hungry, it did not. I don't know why I'm still here.

I have anorexia and the food gore threads curb my appetite

Because I dont have friends IRL so I pretend Im talking with friends about food on the internet. If you ignore the filthy italians it can be pleasant.

>why do you browse Veeky Forums?

I don't even cook and actually hate cooking and I mostly eat frozen, canned or otherwise processed foods I can quickly nuke.

I come here primarily for higher quality discussions.

6'4", 340 lbs. I'm probably going to die of a heart attack within a decade.

I'm ana and come here when the hunger pangs get really bad

For the same reason I browse any other board here. It's not a fucking hugbox, for the most part, and there's a pretty diverse group of people that contribute. Sure there's a LOT of shitposting, but there's also some pretty decent content thrown in from time to time.

Now fuck off back to /reddit/tumblr/instagram/.

5'6
Im trying to eat myself to death

I'm overweight. I don't want to lose weight but I want to give up fast food because home made is much better.

ck is one of the funniest boards

I tend to come here a lot whenever I'm dieting and hungry.

Fuck.

Veeky Forums is unironically one of the more racist boards I've been on.

>Starting to

I like talking about food uncensored
6' 160 lbs

I'm a cook with aspirations to move up the kitchen ladder and enjoy talking about work but have no friends
Also this, shitposting is A+ here

I'm physically fit and pretty healthy. I just like to cook.

The only boards I visit are /pol/, Veeky Forums, and /b/

i just like cooking
my main boards are /v/, /g/, and Veeky Forums

Because hunger

5'10, around 165, used to be around 205.

I like Veeky Forums because I already know my taste and how to eat nutritionally, but occasionally need advice on certain things.
also, memes

The people here are funny and I find there are less childish /pol/fags here than most other boards. Or at least they're quieter about it. Also I don't care about anime.

>Also I don't care about anime.
anime is Veeky Forums material

Cuisine is one of the few things that everyone can agree actually benefits from cultural mixing

1/10, but you will get replies

it was definitely bait but he ain't wrong

I'm from Veeky Forums, but I browse because I got into cooking pretty heavily a few years ago when I got engaged because my fiancee doesn't know how to cook.

women are so useless

Because here I can be a complete cooking nitwit and not feel surrounded by only cooking snobs and fanatics.

this could be cleaned in like 30 minutes with enough garbage bags

Nooo!! I may be able to use some of that!

I mostly come here to look at pictures of food instead of eating meals. That and the go'za/mcchicken threads.

You mean you could remove the rubbish in 30 mins.
It would still be filthy.

>spray heavily with surface cleaner
>let sit for 3 minutes
>wipe clean
another 30 minutes

>/g/ /v/ Veeky Forums
Somehow I have the feeling this is not an uncommon combination.

I do it because the First Lady said I should cook my own food.

i call myself a /v/a/g/ co/ck/
but jokes on you i'm skinny
but my fiance is fatass

Don't forget a trip to the store, because the required products are probably not at location.

Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums here
Probably the only guy here into cars and cooking

Kek, that's not what I meant, you dip.

Those just happen to be my main boards as well.

You'll laugh at me, but here goes.
I started coming to Veeky Forums because I'm on a diet. I turn my PC on at 3 am, come to Veeky Forums and look at food pics to satisfy my food cravings. I did it daily in the first two months of my diet (not kidding), but now I just like the atmosphere here. I don't get the cravings anymore, and I can just copy the recipes I like.

I started coming here when I was 242lbs. I'm 175lbs now.

I live in Liberia and every meal is fucking rice and potato greens. And sometimes I get a pineapple. I come here to look at the food I can't eat.

also I don't get how so many people are so tall and skinny and call themselves fat. I'm 6 feet and I've been on the starving african diet for over a year and I weigh 170. I hate taking my shirt off because my ribs poke out and the niggers here make fun of me. Like if you're six inches taller than me and weigh 20 less I don't think you are anywhere near fat.

I can actually understand that. Looking at quality food will no doubt start putting you off from the crappy food that is bad for you.

are you from Liberia or just working there or something? Any crazy stories?

/g/fag here
what's Liberian internet like

I only browse it because it's a mildly entertaining blue board that I can check while at work to pass time.

I'm on my phone. No water, medicine, or electricity for miles but hey at least I get the barest possible internet connection. You'd be amazed how many mudhut dwelling tribals who still hunt with bow and arrows also have a cellphone. Technology man.

American NGO worker, I do health stuff with the local community. Malaria mostly. I ate dog once because they didn't tell me before hand it was dog. That's about the only story I can tell that isn't extremely racist or depressing.

i heard dog is like savoury beef
was it

also yeah i imagined you were on your phone, africa doesn't lend itself well to an underground cable infrastructure but literally fucking everyone and their mother has a cellphone

How the fuck does looking at food satisfy your cravings? If anything it should make them worse

>the only story I can tell that isn't extremely racist

Browse to the top of the page, click on /pol/, start thread plz.

6', 205lbs. I'm mostly fat from beer calories though. I enjoy drinking a few fairly high ABV beers while cooking dinner most nights.

>not being combined /fitlit/, /pol/ and Veeky Forums master race.

I'm a fat manlet but I stick to fph /fat/ and dumb threads like this one

bragging about browsing /pol/ is like bragging about browsing /mlp/

This is actually almost verbatim what I did, down to the weights. 240 to 170 so far. Good shit dude.

It's worse. I have never once heard them brag about the pony board. The containment is superb. Only seen two or three escapees.

But /pol/ browsers regularly brag about their board which is bad and they should feel bad about it.

/pol/ used to be better. The time when it was 90% ron paul memes was a particular highlight but even after then it was okay. Definitely dead by time countryflags and IDs arrived

dunno exactly how to describe dog since it was smoked. They smoke a lot of their meat so it stays edible for longer. The dog I ate was dry and blackened and chewy and got stuck in my teeth a lot like really bad beef jerky. I've had monkey too and it was the same way. Was actually kind of disappointed.

Fresh porcupine though, that's some savory shit. It's the other red jungle meat. The tiny deer they have here is great too. Too bad it's entirely reliant on if the hunters can catch any or not.

5'3" and 187lbs
Just love stuffing my belly with yummy, crappy and fine foods

>tfw Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums
feels good to be master race

You have to go back.
To plebbit.

OBSESSED

Food memes are hilarious.

I can't get most of the food people post here. Not because I'm poor, but I live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. So instead of binging on oat cookies at 3AM, I came here and looked at food pics. It's weird, but it worked for me.

Believe or not, I am browsing Veeky Forums to get myself banned repeatedly. I don't have the slightest idea, why, but here it is by magnitudes funnier than in other boards.

also, I like cooking.

are you the one i usually end up posting toastsandwich.jpg at

>Anorexics looking at all the food they can't eat
>Fatties who love food
>Overweight normies looking for 'le healthy meal plan'

Which one are you Veeky Forums? Fatty checking in

i stayed because i once was looking for ideas for a cookbook of mine and made a thread, there were many very helpful ideas, so i stayed.
I think ck is great when you have something very specific to talk about/ask, or if you can contribute something to a real question.
Mostly i come here when im sitting on the couch after work and got nothing real to do, in that case its not doing anything for me, most threads are shit if you randomly lurk.

>That's about the only story I can tell that isn't extremely racist or depressing.

Tell me about it. It seems like most of the continent today is being taken over by the Chinese...

China now owns more oil, land, & resources in Africa than any European power at ANY time in history.

And liberals are still trying to hate the whites for Africa... the Chinese are 1000x worse. They don't bend over for niggers like liburl 'mericans do.

Are you me

Veeky Forums college bachelor making plans for when I actually have money

I started hoping to be around others that actually cook, and don't just shitpost their fast food opinions

I get it's food and cooking, and fast food is part of food, but whatever. I mostly came here for cooking ideas because I like trying new things.

One in every 20 threads is actually pretty good. The rest are shitposting. Can't blame them though, it is Veeky Forums after all.

>chinks 1000x worse

My brother is a professor in a STEM field and he told me 95% of his doctoral students are chinks and those fuckers are ruthless. He said they freely admit to wanting to grab it all no matter who or what they trample before the next major upheaval happens. They've always been considered the jews of SEA, so it makes sense I guess.

I like alcohol threads.

I am 5'7 and 245 pounds. I'm just shy of having to buy clothes at a special store.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat except I actually did learn a few things. But the ratio of learning to shitposting and memes is 1:1099939848.

>why do you browse Veeky Forums?
Because my life sucks.