Weird books you bought mostly out of curiosity, not because of a pregress interest in the contents

Weird books you bought mostly out of curiosity, not because of a pregress interest in the contents.

It's an early '60s anthology of sci-fi short stories from Brazilian writers.

I don't even like science fiction, but since this was R$1 I bought it anyway. It's quite amusing too, in a ridiculous, dated way.

And yours, man. What's that about?

Outdated, provinciale science fiction is a blast. I have a few cyberpunk books written in Italy in the eighties, the way they try to localize the inherently English and/or Japanese words of the genre is incredibly amusing.

My book is the originale version (plus translation, notes and commentary) of a book published in Venice circa 1499, whose title roughly translates to "The Erotic Dream Battle of Poliphilius" - it's a but like the Divine Comedy rewritten by Pynchon.

>

Bumping this nice thread.

this

the lost girls by Alan not moore.

turned out pretty good

>it's a but like the Divine Comedy rewritten by Pynchon.
Added to my wishlist. Did you read it?

Adelphi are top quality editions
I'm gonna check it out, thanks for the tip

Dianetics

incredibly boring read. seems like way too much effort to make sense of let alone be brainwashed by.

Just out of curiosity, this is the original illustrated incunabulum by Aldo Manuzio

Whener I can, I buy their editions. They publish the best material, no one can even come close.

Thankfully they've kept the illustrations, though the quality is, obviously, a bit reduced.

Astral Magic in Babylon and a little book on Mithraic rituals in ancient mosiacs.

-Melmoth the Wanderer
-Vathek

Ulysses

Star maker
I had no interest in sci-fi but it ended up being fairly interesting

Biography of Elon Musk and also technological singularity by Ray Kurzweil

Vathek is awesome

Garbage World
by Charles Platt

Rule 34 by Charles Stross

a couple thousand other books I'll mention later

this fuckin thing

Atlantis by Ignatius Donolley

What's that?

The Writing of Stones by Roger Caillois.

>pregress
what?

That Musk book is surprisingly solid desu, miles better than Isaacson's Jobs.

It's an anglicisation of "pregresso", Italian word that approximately means "previous"

Very under appreciated work these days, lucky chance grab!

oh, so OP's a pseud. got it.