How long will it take for mainstream literature and the publications that review them to respond to the fact that...

How long will it take for mainstream literature and the publications that review them to respond to the fact that multiculturalism and neoliberalism didn't work and everyone now sees they are failures?

All across the west people are rejecting multiculturalism/neoliberalism and are turning to right-wing populist parties and politicians who are anti-immigrant and anti-globalization. People have completely stopped caring about Lena Dunham and all the other people like her in various spheres and most westerners are sick of neoliberal elites dictating that we need more immigrants and that we need to prioritize the needs of fringe groups like transsexuals, even Zizek endorsed Trump.

Meanwhile, many major authors and literary magazines are pretending that nothing has changed and that white people (especially males) are buffoons and that minorities and non-heterosexual people are somehow the vanguards of western culture and literature. Mainstream literary culture is becoming even more of an isolated circle-jerk where the daily news consists of token gay disabled minorities being held up as cultural icons for writing boring and unoriginal criticisms of the latest thing Trump or some other anti-globalist/anti-neoliberal person or group has done.

I'm not just trying to troll or anything but I'm genuinely curious whether it will happen and how long you guys think it will take or whether literary culture will just become extremely non-representative of what most peoples views are (more than it already it)

Other urls found in this thread:

statline.cbs.nl/StatWeb/publication/?DM=SLNL&PA=81947NED&D1=0-1,12,18,22,25-28,39,45,49,52-53&D2=0&D3=0&D4=0-4&D5=(l-2)-l&HDR=G2,G1,G3,G4&STB=T&VW=T
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>any ideology
>working

Prove to me Multiculturalism doesnt work

Prove to me Neoliberalism doesnt work

neoliberalism promotes fragile forms of government, which are vulnerable to populism and fascism

>All across the west people are rejecting multiculturalism/neoliberalism and are turning to right-wing populist parties and politicians who are anti-immigrant and anti-globalization.

Maybe I'm not that well informed but I think it's too soon to say. In any case I think the current social conflict can only be good for the arts. The kind of authors and literary magazines that call white people buffoons have been producing irrelevant trash for a long time, and English departments are even worse. They're living a hermetic little echo chamber and I think it's a mistake to pretend their opinions ever mattered or affected anyone other than themselves. You need some sturm and drang in your life to either do things worth writing about or write things worth reading about.

The fact that the far right is getting bigger and bigger and winning in big countries (UK, USA) shows that it doesn't work

Go back to /pol/ you fucking Nazi

sage and report all racism outside of /b/

The literature has been starkly anti-neoliberalism for quite some time now.

The multiculturalism argument is less tenable when virtually all of the world's largest countries and economies indulge it in some form or another.

As long as it will take for you to return to /pol/ to discuss politics.

Which is never. You will never leave. See you next thread.

Just. Shut. Up. You're just a white boy who knows nothing about politics. Go back to your Nazi safe space, /pol/, and let the big girls actually discuss literature.

>How long will it take for mainstream literature and the publications that review them to respond to the fact that multiculturalism and neoliberalism didn't work and everyone now sees they are failures?

im guessing about 10 years. basing my judgement off how long it takes them to response to other rhetoric's, it should take at least 10 years.

The lectures in my uni often talk about the failure of neoliberlism

THIS! We should ban all right-wingers, Trump supporters, and /pol/ invaders outside of /pol/.

>what the masses think is bad is bad

People that are exposed to them enough come to hate them both. Neither has produced any significant achievements. All the research shows that people are more uncomfortable and unhappy in multicultural areas and that the more multicultural a country gets the more voters reject it by voting for populist right-wing parties. Neoliberal policies were directly responsible for the successive financial crisis's of the last two decades, disastrous trade deals and the massive amount of debt in the west, because of neoliberalism many western countries have economies that are essentially ponzi schemes that are going to hit a wall in 20 years.

op isnt right wing though. a lot of left wing academics are opposed to neoliberlism. not sure about multiculturalism though

I really hope you all burn in Hell

Mods please delete this thread. Fucking Nazis like you are expressing very hateful, racist views. You know what I think? I think you're ignorant. You should probably get a mental evaluation for your obvious lack of empathy to weak, oppressed minorities and your support of Nazism. Just end your life you hateful racist. Shut. Up.

I'm actually pretty conservative in my political opinions. I just come here to discuss literature, and I go to /pol/ to... well, to laugh at you people. /pol/ really knows nothing about geopolitics, economy or rhetoric. It's just a dirt trap for young people to vent their frustration and bitterness.

>The lectures in my uni often talk about the failure of neoliberlism

yeah but those same people are often the ones who in a heartbeat transition into saying the rise of Trump and the far-right is extremely dangerous and frightening etc

>Multiculturalism doesnt work
it works, it brings cheaper-than-white labour and uneducated proles to capitalist countries

it just doesn't benefit anyone except the elite who lived in gated communities and never have to look an immigrant in the eye

Right-wingers are the lowest of the low. Veeky Forums has truly been taken over by neo-Nazi alt-righters who read fake news and support Trump. /pol/, Stormfront, Russia, and the Trump campaign has been organizing invasions of this board by Nazi shills to silence multicultural voices. Don't fall for their evil tricks.

>2016
>not wanting white people to be destroyed through demography

you might as well give up, you've made like 5 posts and no one is taking your weak bait

are you saying its not a little b

Please stop trolling by pretending to be retarded, I'm actually interested in having a legitimate discussion.

>muh Lena Dunham

kys op

Stop false-flagging, /pol/.

>want Jews to be destroyed for oppressing people, supporting Zionism, and exerting undue control of others
>racist anti-Semite! Bad goy!

>want to get rid of whites for the same reason
>good idea my goy!

>yeah but those same people are often the ones who in a heartbeat transition into saying the rise of Trump and the far-right is extremely dangerous and frightening etc

true but that doesent diminish the fact that people are starting to say it failed. i have personally not looked into liberalism properly

>tfw I wanted to have a good debate but 90% of the replies are like-minded people amusing themselves by pretending to be triggered progressives

It is when you're making the society for the masses.

>false-flagging
Nice meme buzzword. I like how /pol/ calls decent people who disagree with them bait or shills. Truly a safe space.

>multiculturalism and neoliberalism didn't work and everyone now sees they are failures?

Brexit seems to have been the only occasion recently in a developed country where most people have gone for the anti neoliberal option, and even then we don't know yet how that's going to turn out.

>society is for the masses

The obvious next step of Western civilization is to transition into fascism.

Another element to Brexit is that the EU had some characteristics that doomed it from the start, many of which were neolobiberal in nature.

It was a rational leftist response to be against THE EU but in support of AN European Union.

nice meme

You realize that you're not going to find intelligent political discussion on /pol/. That's good. There's hope for you.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly think the West needs to be protected from equatorial migration and Islam. But maybe /pol/ isn't accomplishing this with your trolling raids and angry froth?

You should be reading and improving yourself as a person, so that when the time comes to weigh opinions, yours will be viewed with greater gravity.

Sage for /pol/ in Veeky Forums.

>AN European

as a student, and trying to talk with people about brexit etc. i found that most people my age dont really mind multiculturalism, or dont care and the few that do pretty much just hate Muslims due to insecurities regarding the isis attacks. Barely any young people voted really, and in refrence to my previous point, most young people dont really care about politics. I think most people that did vote brexit where older individuals who had nostalgic memories of the past, or hated muslims.

>Brexit, Trump, Orban, Italy's vote on Renzi's referendum, Hofer almost won in Austria, Le Pen and Wilders doing well in polls and have chances of winning, AFD and Sweden Democrats rapidly gaining support.

I'm taking a class on multicultural literature and we ended it by talking about Multicultural Apocalypse, which is the theory that multicultural media will balkanize groups more than ever and end in tragedy. It was sorta sad to have such an optimistic class end on that note :( . Recent events makes me assume it wasn't a coincidence.

>young people
There's your problem. Millennials are disgustingly passive, weak, and feminine. They could never deal with the embarrassment of actually caring about anything.

its all due to a fear of the muzzies. most people dont care about chang from china living in their country.

Oh no multiculturalism will end :(

Remember the six million Jews and slavery and shit :(((((((

It provides cheaper domestic servants but fails to provide the larger economic benefits that it's said they will bring, the research shows most of them end up being a drain on the economy by committing higher crime, by taking up way more welfare, by only getting low-paying jobs (making it difficult for poor natives trying to get those jobs) etc etc

>Millennials are disgustingly passive, weak, and feminine

i agree but its the previous generations fault for raising them this way.

Thats where the opposition to free trade comes in, with people angry about China dumping goods, keeping currency value low, stealing intellectual property etc etc and all the other stuff they do that is unfair.

>research shows
post it

>people use liberal as an insult

How's it going, Cletus?

>nazi
Not OP but you are one stupid fuck. You don't belong in Veeky Forums if you believe OP's claims hold any relationship with Nazism.

>intellectual property
Fucking end this meme

Hopefully, if the people don't take back their nations they will eventually perish. It's a sink or swim moment we're currently in.

I live in CA and I do it too, retard.

>our stupid experiment which has never worked in the history of humanity, and is going to ruin the greatest civilization that ever existed is going to collapse, oh no what a trajedy ;_; it's the current year

They do though. Nazism was a right-wing populist movement against progressives, multiculturalism, and globalism. Not to mention the Trump picture. OP is a crypto-Nazi trying to subvert Veeky Forums. Possibly a Russian shill.

Not so good after you liberals took over, Jamal.

I have one for my country.
>Native people
100 780 registered crimes committed
>Immigrants
93 880 registered crimes committed

Absolutely insane for how much bigger the native population is
And when you at the western vs non western immigrant numbers it's also shocking

Trump, Le Pen and Wilders have never won the support of the majority of voters.

Orban has been PM for six years now and his party isn't even the really anti-neoliberal one in the Hungarian parliament.

Italy's referendum wasn't about any particular ideology. There were institutions that are very much neoliberal that backed a no vote.

This election has really killed any optimism I had in the human race.

If someone that fucking stupid and with so little content in his speech can be president, then it really just erodes the legitimacy of the US state.

Man is truly an animal that is more motivated by fear than argument.

Kill me. Please just fucking kill me.

forgot link:
statline.cbs.nl/StatWeb/publication/?DM=SLNL&PA=81947NED&D1=0-1,12,18,22,25-28,39,45,49,52-53&D2=0&D3=0&D4=0-4&D5=(l-2)-l&HDR=G2,G1,G3,G4&STB=T&VW=T

source, idiot.

look up, cuck

there we go, thanks. I'm always looking for this kind of back up information but rarely find it

This.

My. Fucking. God. Why the fuck did we even let these stupid white racists do this? Why the fuck could they just not vote for Hillary? I can't think of a single reason, except sexism and Russian lies.

That's what this election boils down to.

Sexism and Russian lies.

Fuck this. I'm moving to Canada.

>cuck
ya blew it

>Kill me. Please just fucking kill me.
Alright, post your adress and I'll send over a right-wing deathsquad. If you're dumb enough to take anything any politician says at face value you need to be removed from the genepool.

>insecurities regarding the isis attacks

>Want to avoid violent death
>So insecure
There should be a law banning the use of the term "insecure" in a political context. It's the best indicator of someone not having anything worthwhile to say.

A simple joke got you triggered. sad!

>Kill me. Please just fucking kill me.

Do it yourself, faggot.

>muh lost faith in the human race
>muh people voted for Trump out of fear, that's why I'm so AFRAID and TERRIFIED of the idea of a Trump presidency
>he's dumb because he doesn't talk like a pretentious twat
How do I know that you've spend a little too much time in university? Go back to normiebook you fucking brainwashed sheep