Is there any scientifically proven way to increase iq? Is there anyway for a brainlet like me to become smart?

Is there any scientifically proven way to increase iq? Is there anyway for a brainlet like me to become smart?

go back in time and unfluoridate your water supply

bump

Sure there is, but it takes a lot of work and people are very resistant to change.
I use to have an IQ of 126 as a kid, but I also had OCD and use to get so frustrated everything I didn't understand some math concept. I would obsessively think about it for hours until I got it. Years later my IQ is 147 and I'm excellent at mathematics.

In short
1) Leave Veeky Forums and never look back
2) Obsessively concentrate on problems being determined to solve them

But you won't, because people don't change. If I didn't have OCD I probably would still have an IQ of 126.

There was a proposal made by a famous mathematician whose name I forgot. Basically he suggested that there's far, far too many neurons in the brain for DNA to determine all of them. It makes sense, there just isn't enough information in the DNA. Instead the DNA just gives a general layout of the neurons in the brain and then all the other neurons are connected randomly and slowly changed through the years.

What does this mean? I firmly believe that IQ is inherited, but this means that IQ CANNOT BE ENTIRELY GENETIC. I would take a small liberty to say that a significant portion, say 40% to 60%, is determined randomly or by environmental influences.

So just become completely obsessed with understanding complex math concepts? A little too anecdotal imo. Any scientific studies to back this up?

I agree environment contributes largely to how intelligence someone is, but wouldn't this only help me if I was still in childhood?

people like you always say "leave Veeky Forums" and i question it mainly because you posted that on Veeky Forums

Exercise, meditation, eat healthy (omega 3's) --> eliminate stress from your life.
Try to be more compassionate with yourself.
Train your brains frontal cortex by doing creative problem solving

you probably got a lower iq on the tests cause you didn't care.

IQ is psychological construct therefore unscientific. It is made up. Pure mysticism and white men supremacy.

Find mister miyagi.

Nope. Seriously, if there were the discoverer would have gotten a nobel prize and it would be commonplace. Unfortunately some people have much less cognitive potential than others. If you work really hard OP and I mean REALLY hard, you can have a decent life.

>if somebody knew how to raise IQ, everyone would do it
>if somebody knew how to increase strength, everyone would do it

Brainlet, there are ways of improving yourself. They just take hard work and dedication. That's why most people don't do it, even if it's possible.

You know you could always cheat in the exams. I found this new foolproof way that you won't believe has gotten me past all my exams. People usually slip notes into their pockets, or even their bra if you're a girl, some even write notes on their legs. But, a lot of people don't know there's this special place you can slip notes in that no one can ever find out you're getting your note from. It's called the brain. You can store information in your brain, then you bring the notes in your brains to the exam, crazy right? Not a lot of people know this, people are bringing notes like idiots, if only they knew that they could store notes in the brain, they could've aced in the exam easily. I'm telling you this because I think you're a cool kid, but don't tell your friends, it's our little secret.

it isn't possible to any significant degree. Feel free to post a peer reviewed study suggesting otherwise. I don't want to hear any hippie shit about meditating and activating your almonds.

Find a way to expand your skull volume then make the neurons in your frontal lobe multiply.

I can't believe I'm reading this lousy excuse for laziness.

The brain is so plastic that it can never 'reach its potential'. It sounds like this limit you have is something you've invented yourself.

The IQ system is trash. People buy into it because; a) People who are already smart want to think that they're somehow special because of it, and b) People who are stupid use it as an excuse not to improve themselves by thinking they have no choice.You wanna become smart? Study, ask questions, reason through things more. You can become as smart as you want to be.

This, especially since most people here are young so all our brains are sponges. It's up to you (OP) if it's going to be adapted to video games and Veeky Forums or something more important.

Uploading takes too long and if the notes are too big you get a corrupt message when trying to access them

Then god didn't give you a fast enough processor.

>Is there anyway for a brainlet like me to become smart?
Only one way: KYS, then respawn with different char stats.

There's this thing called hydroencephalitis. In particular there's guy who has and he got a math PhD. With a brain that's 90% water.

You've got enough neurons in your brain that if you put them all to proper use you could do insane shit. Thing is, brains didn't evolve to do the things most of us on this board ask of them, so it's not gonna be easy - takes a lot of time to train properly.