ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4380231/
youtube.com/watch?v=5dlZe8hwYT0
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2367001/
wpro.who.int/china/mediacentre/releases/2016/20160406/en/
youtube.com/watch?v=MzHLAqyO7PQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yep.

/thread

meme or not I lost ~80 lb on it without much effort. It just makes you not very hungry which is great for a binge eater like me.

teach me, master

it's just another low carb diet?

I don't care, it works for me.

I'd be wary of that milk however, 100ml have like 4g net carbs.

Yes, but with limited protein so that you get most of your calories from fat.

Having been around here for a bit, it does appear for short term crash weight loss, these kinds of low carb diets work. They aren't meant for long term, though. You'll have to change your behavior if you want to keep it off.

>They aren't meant for long term, though.
Source.

>living your whole life without fibres or carbs

no

>without fibres
Thanks for confirming that you're talking out of your ass.

Yes. The only retards thinking this meme diet is legit is the fat asses who would've lost weight either way if they fixed their shit instead of jumping on the new trendy diet bandwagon.

>>living your whole life without fibres

non-starchy vegetables are keto though

>>living your whole life without carbs

perfectly viable

Whatever works for them. You're saying you'd rather there be more fatties out there wasting taxes on healthcare or driving up the cost of medical insurance?

There are plenty of benefits besides fat loss to keto. The reason I'm doing it is because my mom's been diagnosed with Alzheimer's while my father's side of the family all suffered from diabetes.

I'd rather have more people with knowledge about the shit they put in their mouth than bandwagon trend jumpers that end up in my nutrition service because they feel sick for months or end up with deficiencies.

>diet based on over consumption of fat
>beneficial to anything

lolilol

That's just hilarious given that a keto diet makes you insulin resistant and promotes Alzheimer's. The only way I can make sense of your post is that you're desperately trying to become a demented diabetic to keep up the family traditions.

>I'd rather have more people with knowledge about the shit they put in their mouth

t. dumb sugar burner

>a keto diet makes you insulin resistant

... no

>over consumption of fat
>given that a keto diet makes you insulin resistant and promotes Alzheimer's
Source.

Oh, that sounds cool. Tell me some fat people keto diet failure stories.

dude, the only benefitical diest in the long run are the BALANCED diets

completely excluding a huge part of the food chain while maximizing another one is NOT balanced

yes, keto works and its great, but its situational and its definetely not a way to live your whole life by

He's been making up enough shit already, don't encourage him further

what are you basing all this nonsense on?

by the way, it's possible to live and be healthy without consuming a single gram of carbohydrates.

>yes, keto works and its great, but its situational and its definetely not a way to live your whole life by
Didn't we already go over this here ?

>it's possible to live
sure
its also possible to live eating excluisve french fries
>be healthy
no

Oh, ok. You're full of shit. I'm a type 1 diabetic on a ketogenic diet. I test my blood glucose level ten times a day. You're not fooling me there. Lol.

>>be healthy
>no
Why not? What essential nutrients do you lack in keto?

Uhm yes, that's such a consistent observation that it's even accepted by ketards. High-fat diets induce major insulin resistance often within 1-2 months.

Actually even just 5 days on a high-fat diet damage sugar metabolism in skeletal muscle. Long-term it's diabetes all the way
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4380231/

Ketogenic diets are high in AGEs which are strongly associated with Alzheimer's and cognitive decline, and heterocyclic amines from all the cooked meat, which causes neurological damage

What about keto poster boy Jimmy Moore?
Actually it's rare to see someone on keto who isn't out of shape long-term
Look at all these fat fucks
youtube.com/watch?v=5dlZe8hwYT0
Warning, this video is America overload

I asked for a source, not for yet another baseless claim from some poof that pretents to be an authority online. Here, like this: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2367001/

Keto has limited protein, so I don't know where you get "all the cooked meat" from. I'm not eating any more meat now than I did before keto.

Oh, and might I add, after being on this diet I have reduced my daily basal insulin injection dosage by 30%. After exhaustive, years long experimentation I have come up with three things that reduce insulin insensitivity in order of effectiveness.
1. Do not eat refined sugars
2. Do not eat complex carbohydrates
3. Get at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise a day

>1. Do not eat refined sugars
>2. Do not eat complex carbohydrates
Funny how diabetes type 2 is exceptionally rare in populations with the highest carb intake of around 80%. Really made me think.

>Rate of diabetes in China “explosive”
wpro.who.int/china/mediacentre/releases/2016/20160406/en/

huh wow

Type 1 diabetic again. Can confirm inducing ketosis slightly raises blood sugar in the first few days. It goes back down afterwards, when the ketosis is established and then basal dose will probably need to be lowered.

Note to any type 1's reading this: do not rage bolus in the induction phase if you're running a little high. Just get some exercise instead. You''l be fine in a couple days. If you have to correct a hypo with enough sugar to whack you out of ketosis, glycogenesis will restart in a few hours and that bolus will kick your ass really hard.

Thanks for proving my point, bro, appreciate it.

>they don't have diabetes
>but they do
>thanks for proving my point, bro
This is getting pretty sad.

Oh boy. Are you gonna quote Dr. Campbell's statistical confirmation bias bullshit study? Oh my god, are you a grain merchant?

>Oh my god, are you a grain merchant?
He's in every thread like this one, make of that what you will.

I feel like he might work for a pharmaceutical company. They're making fat stacks off type 2's. I'm gonna start calling big pharma shills grain merchants.

Yep. It only works because it restricts what you can eat and therefore reduces calorie intake.

why post when you clearly know nothing about keto?

All "diets" are a meme to sell books, programs, clubs, etc

"Going on a diet" implies short term. You have to change your lifestyle, tubby

>All "diets" are a meme to sell books, programs, clubs, etc
How come I manage to do keto without having to spend a single cent on any of the things you mention?
[spoiler]Could it be that you can get all information online for free?[/spoiler]

That's wonderful, but there are plenty of suburban housewives that run down to Barnes and Noble after they see this quarter's diet trend on Oprah

what about "changing to a ketogenic diet", i.e. permanently eating LCHF?

>but there are plenty of suburban housewives that run down to Barnes and Noble after they see this quarter's diet trend on Oprah
And dipshits being dipshits discredits something how exactly?

I'm still calling it a meme because you put a label on it.

But do whatever works for you, user

excellent for weightloss. Fantastic for feeling like shit on.

Horrible for anything that requires you to have 'energy'.

>I'm still calling it a meme because you put a label on it
By that logic everything that has a name is a meme, making somthing being a meme meaningless.

LCHF just means "low carb, high fat". it's about as generic as you can get.

ive been in keto and actually felt great

maybe it was just placebo, but i really felt like mi mind was clear and my brain worked better in general

>Fantastic for feeling like shit on.
>Horrible for anything that requires you to have 'energy'.
Let me guess, you did it for a few days, forgot your electrolytes and then broke it off because of the keto flu?

Because you can't control yourself like a normal human being, so you have to have a some sort of odd and strict regime that you will most likely fail.

Now you get it. Everything IS a meme

>Because you can't control yourself like a normal human being
>so you have to have a some sort of odd and strict regime
That's contradictory.

>that you will most likely fail.
That's baseless. I'm doing it for 4 years now and plan on continuing until I die.

>Because you can't control yourself

Why do CICO-tards pride themselves on being able to adhere to unnatural calorie deficits?

Are you retarded? Modern Chinese people don't have a high carb intake. Nobody had diabetes in the 50s when their diet was 80% carbs. Now it's more like 50% carbs like America and what do you know, people are blowing out and getting the beetus.

Post the evidence of Chinese people becoming less diabetic as their consumption of carbs decreased.

Holy shit, the fat is really clogging you people's brains.
>Diabetes in China skyrocketing
>Consumption of white rice plummeting
>Huge increase in consumption of fat
>lol carbs are making them diabetic, are you a monsanto shill xDD
Fucking idiots

It's not the increase in fat that's giving them diabetes, it's the increase in fructose. In the 50s when they ate rice and little else, yes their fat intake was low but so was their sugar.

Delete your account

>Consumption of white rice plummeting

Why, did the american "poison the carbs" program finally make it to China?

>Nobody had diabetes in the 50s when their diet was 80% carbs
>Life expectancy was 25yrs shorter in the 50s
>Oh, I guess most people died from other causes before developing type 2 diabetes

At least you got there eventually

How is a keto diet for someone who is fairly skinny? I'm lanky and skinny but have a horrible diet. My poop is green and I feel like crap and something needs to change.

>My poop is green and I feel like crap and something needs to change.
Get your gallbladder checked out.

>How is a keto diet for someone who is fairly skinny

not really good, the strength of keto is that fatties can continue eating their "type" of food so it makes dieting bearable

if you are skiny, you dont much weight to lose and if you want to just cleanse and get six-pack or whatever, all the fats in keto wont help for that

>i'm a massive reddit faggot

>the strength of keto is that fatties can continue eating their "type" of food so it makes dieting bearable

i'm pretty sure the vast majority of people on keto ate most of their calories as carbs prior to getting on keto.

Keto is a literal reddit meme that spawned from le bacon meme

fatties love stuff like steaks, cheese(arguably in keto), bacon, mayo, etc and they can continue eat them while on the diet

>been around decades before reddit
>is somehow reddit
???

What they love even more are their pizzas, chips, pastas and sweets.

well duh, but most of the diets exclude both of the shit that we typed so keto is by default more bearable

The reason the KETO diet is effective in the SHORT TERM is the diet allows you to still eat a ton of very tasty and flavorful foods that are not very calorie dense, so you can still pig out for the most part (long term results are poor like every single diet to exist because the only long term solution is a life style change)

>(long term results are poor like every single diet to exist because the only long term solution is a life style change)
And you can't change your lifestyle to a keto one because...?

>exist because the only long term solution is a life style change

Yeah, like changing your DIET to one that is lower in calories.

Why do people assume that "diets" are temporary? Of fucking course any dietary change needs to be permanent in order for the weight loss to be permanent.

>life style change

this has been mentioned a couple of times ITT. can you explain what you actually mean by it?

>can you explain what you actually mean by it?

He's saying that you can't go on a diet (keto or other), then go back to your old eating habits, otherwise the weight will come right back.

You have to permanently alter your diet if you want to permanently alter your weight.

The same thing applies to exercise.

oh so he's assuming that everyone who loses weight on keto will go back to eating carbs when they're at their goal weight.

what an odd assumption.

>what an odd assumption.

It is very common for people to diet (by whatever means) for a while, then revert back to their old habits again. While I agree that doesn't make much logical sense the fact remains that people do that. Often. Human behavior is not logical.

>And you can't change your lifestyle to a keto one because...?

You most certainly can and plenty do. The problem is with the term diet and how people approach diets and dieting. They reach or get close to their goal and then go back to their shitty lifestyle

>>Why do people assume that "diets" are temporary?

That's my point, people look at diets as temporary opposed to a lifestyle change

There is no point in discussing things with someone as stupid as you

no, but pic related is a fucking meme for sure

No, it's not a placebo. I run half marathons 5 days a week in ketosis. Feel great. No more carb loading lethargy or post run diarrhea dumps. That guy wasn't doing it right or has some kind of medical condition he's unaware of.

>coconut oil
>paleo
huh wow

The (black) people winning the marathons are high carb eaters though.

Tim Olson (a white guy) won the Western 100 on a low carb high fat diet 2 years in a row, setting the course record of 14:46:44 in 2012. Yes, that's a 100 mile run in 14 hours and 46 minutes on keto. I don't see how race has anything to do with what's a better diet for endurance athletes.

>we've always been told high activity athletes have to have massive carbs
>low carb athletes btfo high carb athletes

Really gets the old ale to brewin'.

It's a stricter paleo diet.

>That's just hilarious given that a keto diet makes you insulin resistant
>what burgers believe

got your daily sugarwater chugged in brah?

youtube.com/watch?v=MzHLAqyO7PQ

This will get me some (You)s :D

But it gets boring fast

>i-i have lost weight with this meme diet 101 it means it must be good !

People are THAT stupid. Explain why the world is falling appart desu.

It's good because it works. I really don't get why people having success with what they're doing triggers you cunts so much just because you don't want to do it.

I just prefer to eat low carb since I like the occasional homemade bread or pasta meal.Works just fine, there's less bloat and cooking is more than "Choose your carb and add sauce".

I generally just cook with

>Veggies
>Meat/seafood as unprocessed as I can get it. Fresh from the fishmonger is great.
>Fat, usually good olive oil, butter or coconut oil if the meat/fish isn't fatty enough for what I'm doing
>Cheese
>Eggs

>Bench 140 kg
>Squat 210 kg
>Deadlift 240 kg

Trimming off some fat for the summer now, going down from 87 kg and aiming for under 84. Hopefully end up slightly lower.

>perfectly viable

No it isn't. Even if you tell yourself you don't need carbs you still get trace amounts from meat fiber and greater quantities from those supposed "non-starchy vegetables" you love to flaunt so much. You can't live as a human being on planet Earth without some form of carb ingestion. Enjoy delusion.

he lost 80 pounds, much faster than he would on any other diet probably.
boredom is worth the price of a life changing amount of weight imo.

>meat fiber
???

>you still get trace amounts of carbs from meat fiber

That seals it, keto is a meme...

keto isn't a meme, but paleo sure is

Keto doesn't entirely limit carbs, just restricts them.

Can I drink vodka on this diet