It's settled. Veeky Forums's resident philosopher Nick Land has conclusively endorsed the comic genius of filmmaker...

It's settled. Veeky Forums's resident philosopher Nick Land has conclusively endorsed the comic genius of filmmaker, writer, bibliophile and Carnegie Mellon alumnus Sam Hyde

Sam Hyde is now officially and undeniably Veeky Forums.

ITT: post your thoughts on Hyde's lectures and writings

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2PMGuNZreWA
youtube.com/watch?v=JQIyYN0ZsSs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>an indisputable (if edgy) comic genius

I cut myself, right here, reading this

I have read one full paragraph of Nick Land's writing in my life and that was more than enough for me

I honestly think Americans are the most stupid people on earth

I've never watched or read anything by Sam Hyde. From my understanding he is basically just an alt-right comedian.

Americans are objectively the smartest people on earth, far smarter than you and your countrymen.

Wow man

Have you ever seen/caught Nick Land in recent a year? That guy's dopamine is fucked youtube.com/watch?v=2PMGuNZreWA

Does he still live in Shanghai? He used to be professor of continental philosophy at my alma mater, fuck knows how he's made a living since he left

all of those "smart people" just constitute a small elite that attend gay orgies at bohemian grove
doesn't seem that smart to me

>universities_with_the_best_branding.png

University rankings dont mean shit. They are ranked by how much scientific research is done there. Nothing about how good the education actually is.

Good thing Nick Land isn't an American then?

then?

find something else to do

he's a post-ironic fascist NEET, whose best material comes from his obvious self-loathing

Nick Rochefort hanging himself was pretty Veeky Forums

MDE is the Louis Ferdinand Celine of 'ironic' web content

It's likely that he pretend to be alt-right. The reaction that he creates are part of the show and everyone would ignore him if he was the current year man.

If yes merely pretending. Than he is doing a very good job at it considering he's had openly anti Semitic views in his comedy for years before the "alt-right" was even a term.

I (as an American) completely agree. We are, somehow, even dumber than the French. We are even dumber than the sub-saharan Africans, who have some sort of animalistic common sense. America is a humongous, constant struggle against truth, beauty, and reason.

>Does he still live in Shanghai?

Land is so fucking based

He could be my dad and he's literally cool

bump

Let's keep this discussion going

based Sam, hope he keeps getting away with it
Nick scares me

Hyde, this is your mother please stop posting on this site talking about yourself in third person.
Your father says hi, miss you

Is ceasing your production of testosterone part of leaving the meatspace?

Sam Hyde is less of a person and more of a simulacra viral hypermedia happening. Everything which was once human in him has been consumed by the cybertubes. No wonder Land loves him.

>Sam Hyde is less of a person and more of a simulacra viral hypermedia happening.

This is why I come to Veeky Forums

>cybertubes

What?

does anyone know anything about sam's dad? has he ever been mentioned?

>ITT: post your thoughts on Hyde's lectures and writings

Sam Hyde is a kid playing with this world. He is a trickster, Even if he has a political agenda it would be just a tool to confuse and upset.

youtube.com/watch?v=JQIyYN0ZsSs

>tfw no season 2
Fuck this gay earth

Is Sam Hyde the true Body without Organs?

good post

The same. It's like a goth decided to be a continental philosopher and combine the worst of both writing styles.

SAm hyde's book is good. It's a lot of insane ranting and imagery.

Sam is an absolute nobody yet people are trying to stop him, like they are afraid of him.

It's hilarious. And to be honest, his work is not that funny at all, but all this bullshit around it and the fact that the man is more meme then man is.

They have some great Veeky Forums recommendations

>yet people are trying to stop him, like they are afraid of him.
>trying

they have stopped him. he is pretty much blacklisted from mainstream comedy. but ultimately they've lost: gen z is going to be far more conservative and far less pc than our latest generation.

Depressed Sam from circa 2012-13 is the most devasting Sam

>My Son! My Son's a genius, he fixed my COMPE-UTAH like dat! He's gonna grow up to be a big important guy, just you wait and see....

This thread is still heere?????????

If it's ont the meme trilogy i dont give a fuq

Nah, MDE is so much better than these shitty memes

I agree with this post but I think he's pretty funny often still.

Not really. And I don't even really hate MDE or Sam Hyde in general like that.

But I could see how this would seem the very height of comedy to some. Particularly if they were still in their teen years and very crawling in my skin about it all.

Tim Heidecker is a disingenuous, scheming snake though.

I mean this post which was reposted after being deleted:

Caught me out. A typo fucked the context.

I do think Sam is doing some important social commentary in his own way, for what it's worth. To silence him really does scream fascism. Though I'm sure the left think themselves completely immune to that charge these days.

Actually I think his view of society and politics is buttfuck retarded but he's still funny

We can still both agree that Tim Heidecker is a piece of shit though

I know Sam is loved by a lot of ethno-nationalist types and I'm not a white person but I still value free speech and their right to it in open democracy more than the potential wounding of my "feewings" when they do speak.

The left can very easily veer toward fascism in trying to stamp out what they disagree with and I don't think a lot of them - particularly the "woke" younger types - have really woken up to that yet.

desu that latest hydewars vid with him crying over a tumor afflicted fan was pretty human of him

they jsut need to realize there's nothing we can do about climate change (we're already fucked) and dead brown people (they'll just kill each other). they should just sit ack and enjoy what little time we have left

Remember back when people that Sam/MDE was FYAD? Haha he was totes 100% Veeky Forums all along bitches. Fuck you.

more of this and less shitty /pol/ memetism pls

That post is shit and uses the plural of simulacrum inappropriately.

SAMMY IS MY GOD.

Sam Hyde is a guy, but people say jokes about him. Ergo he isn't real but hyperreal, which is like being real but on the internet.

>implying he didn't do that on purpose
>missing the joke so hard
you're a retard baby

We encourage good diction on Veeky Forums.

His ted talk was great.

Nick Land and Jordan Peterson are exactly the same age. I wonder if this means something.

peterson has some points of interest but it's clouded by his blatant nu-fascist streak.
nick land is just autistic.

Carl Jung was associated with fascists. Definitely something to think about.

Still cant' believe that thinking laws about gender pronouns are bad can make someone a fascist.

Jung was more focused in his field though, Peterson is blatantly venturing out into this intellectual subliminally socio-political self-help field. But yeah both are similar in that they have some insight but use the intellectual front to promote their more zany views.

Have you watched his lectures?
Not even on gender pronouns, watch his "self-help" shit like maps of meaning and pay attention.

he was working for the cia (really)

How Marxistly do I have to pay attention to him to realize he's a fascist?

Zany views like communism doesn't work and religion is a human universal?

lmao don't think for yourself just keep on sucking his dick, conduit.

I actually disagree wiht him on basic metaphysical principles.

lmao it's like none of you have watched his lectures in a way where you don't view him in the same jesus-figure way that atheists viewed harris/dawkins in the early 2010s.

I just enjoy his Biblical exegesis, honestly.

lol

as i said before he has some insight, but letting that insight influence your view on the other shit he says is just bad.

bad is too technical of a term, buddy

Yeah that video hurts

Still want to know what egregious wrongspeak Peterson is guilty of.

lmao how's his gender dysphoria dick

watch his fucking lectures and listen for anything that concerns power dynamics.

Have any examples...? I've watched a bunch of his videos and I don't know what you are talking about.

user's probably talking about something like this

"Authority and its danger play central roles in interesting tales, because human
society is hierarchical, and because the organized social world is omnipresent. Authority
and power manifest themselves, implicitly or explicitly, in all human relationships; we
have never lived—cannot live—without others. The fact of power relationships and
authority constitutes an eternally challenging and necessary constant of the human
domain of experience."

From Maps of Meaning, page 103 of the ebook version.

Meant to respond to

proving the point

the way people just accept obviously fake conspiracy theories like PizzaGate just goes to show how far we've declined, its not just stupidity it's insanity too

Ok, I don't really see how you can disagree with that statement. I was unde the impression that pretty much everyone from Fascists to Marxists to Structuralists all agreed with this to some extend.

i was talking more about his self-help segments when he implies how one should look towards others as to how to think and behave.

Yes, I'm pretty sure this advice was targeted towards people with social anxiety stemming from a lack of social skills.

What would your advice be? Invent new forms of human communication and test them out on people only to be cut down and spiral further into anxiety?

Someone who is socially well adjusted conforms with his or her peers to a certain extent because to communicate we have to use forms of communication that have common meaning and significance.

and you just summed up his entire subliminal socio-political agenda disguised as intellectual self-help. i'm sorry if you suffer from social anxiety but there's no room for some nervous cunt who's willing to spout whatever everyone else is saying because he's scared of disapproval.
if you want to do self-help then do that, don't mix everything into one and brainwash young naive idiots who will stick their assholes out for a grain of approval.

I don't have social anxiety because I understand enough of human interaction to successfully navigate social landscapes. Peterson said, and I'm paraphrasing of course, that some of his clients social anxiety stemmed from the fact that they were literally never taught how to interact with other people socially. People aren't born as social beings, we have to learn it through a process of Socialization (this is a very large field of study by the way, it isn't some kooky self-help bullshit). Peterson talked about a client who didn't really know how to introduce themselves or greet strangers in one of his videos so felt extremely uncomfortable in new social situations. The solution was to practice those skills.

You seem to be confusing learning certain skills or ideas with a wholesale buying in of a culture or social system.

>I don't have social anxiety because I understand enough of human interaction to successfully navigate social landscapes.
Lmao.

You sound like you suck his dick on a regular basis.
I'm not the one confusing those two things, he is, and you can't see it because his semen is in your eyes. Rub it off.

I'm just going to assume you're full of shit until you give a detailed explanation of what's wrong with what he said.

Well time to cancel my own of Fanged Nouemna

I already told you what to look for, I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you since you clearly don't want to be convinced.

Actually I do want to be convinced, and that's why I'm asking you, retard. Now tell me.

>Please spoonfeed me information, retard
I wonder why you definitely don't have social anxiety, lol.

i"m actually someone else, now spoonfeed me because i'm too lazy to watch like 20 hour-long videos, nigger

>maybe if i suck off the europeans enough they'll like me

you're such a cuck

I'm mostly on his team and the rest of his following, but what I really hate about the frogtwitter and him is this constant glorification of "muh engineers", coming from a bunch of dudes who couldn't even fix a car if it broke down.

>I"m actually someone else
haha

He's an ugly loser that pretends to be alt-right ironically but unironically in an attempt to feel better about himself.

Americans are fanatics. They live very volatile lives and have little sense and patience for scrutiny and measuredness.
It is sometimes to continentals their own detriment that we don't have this sort of wrecklessness, which allows for an increase in our experiential horizon that would help us more than stoic distance.

But again, yeah, Americans are the most kneejerk of peoples. Easiest to troll.