If you have bad spatial intelligence are you screwed for a career in Mathematics?

No

Yes

Can I get more feedback regarding your positions?

Reading math without spatial reasoning is like reading music without being able to hear it in your head

Cédric Villani claimed to have a bad spatial intelligence.

Yeah this kind of sucks.

My SAT math score was a 610 and my CR was a 760. I like proof based math but it seems like I have shit spatial reasoning because I failed Geometry in HS and I do very poorly on geometry questions.

Should I give up on trying to get a math phd?

Cédric Villani claimed posses bad spatial intelligence

to*

claimed to possess*

>Cédric Villani
partial differential equations, Riemannian geometry and mathematical physics

That makes no sense though. Those fields require a lot of spatial intelligence, you would think he would be famous in like logic,algebra, or combinatorics.

Thats what he said, also jews are godlike at those fields and they have around 95 average spatial/visual iq

Weird my ancestors are Jewish. I guess it makes sense now.

Yes.

verbal analytical intelligence is easily acquired, spatial intelligence is not.

Hence why women and blacks can't into science, but Asians can.

But they dont contribue as much even due to higher population

Explain jews then?

Jews have a high enough general IQ that the spatial disadvantage doesn't matter.

That makes no sense.

>Jews
>spatial IQ of 95
Wow, is this serious? Perhaps I cab relate to them now just a little bit. I have pretty average spatial reasoning (I mean the actual average, not the Veeky Forums average).

blacks actually have superior verbal intelligence than whites

>ayyo hole up nigga
>Yooooo
>Racks
>Bitches
Black
>stop
>Hello
>A pile of money
>Women
White

Hmmm I wonder which one has superior verbal intelligence.

>superior than

Only very few of them. Not every black guy is a good rapper. But black rappers are infinitely better than white rappers.

Yes it does

>mathematics
>intelligence
fuck off back

OP here. I don't mean it like that, I know that your intelligence can be changed to a certain extent but I was wondering how well someone with low spatial intelligence would fare in Mathematics. I don't want this to become a /pol/ iq shit fest.

you need to go back buddy

What exactly qualifies as low spatial intelligence tho? My spatial score is 10 points lower than my verbal and fluid reasoning scores, but it's still 120. Though I should probably be more worried about my average working memory...

citation needed

120 is still above average.
A low spatial intelligence should be below 100.
You still have an IQ just under 130. I wouldn't worry about anything related to that.
>inb4 I have an IQ of 145 and if you are under that you are a brainlet
I'm talking about the real world, not about the inflated IQs of a few autists on Veeky Forums.

Don't give up. Most math has a geometric representation, so as you read a problem or do a proof, you want to think of the representation.

How much math have you taken so far?

Think for example about a function like 1/x.

What does it look like? Is it continuous? What is the domain? The range?

If you study enough problems, you could answer something like this easily. What happens if you change it to f (x) = 1/x +1
Or f (x) = 1/(x+1)

This is a basic example but it ties analysis,algebra, and geometry together.

You might not see these things at first but eventually you will. It's called math maturity. Your spatial intelligence basically just tells you how hard you have to work to get to that point.

Standardized tests showed me I had a high spatial reasoning so a lot of this came naturally to me. Even so, I've struggled to follow some things the first time I saw them.

Tldr: Hard work is a substitute for intelligence.

Mathematics requires a high ability to reason through logical structures. This has nothing to do with spatial intelligence (although maybe spatial intelligence could help you in some ways)

I agree that you have to reason through logical structures, but if you don't know what a delta epsilon proof means on the number line, or don't know what the graph of the cos looks like, you're going to have a hard time using and understanding them. You can do it based purely on the language and syntax but is much harder imo.

I have taken up to linear algebra and discrete mathematics, I was really good in those courses but I'm taking vector calc that's more focused towards Green's and Stokes theorem and it's kicking my ass because my prof has a hard on for throwing physics problems that force me to visualize rotations and shit.

I can't wait to take Algebra next semester = /.

Don't feel bad about that then. Without taking analysis, most of those theorems won't make any sense. I wish analysis was taught before the Calc sequence. It would make everything so much clearer

Maybe. Very little of math is inherently "spatial". The other guy gave an example of limits but outside of low-dimensional vector spaces over R/C it's not very easy to draw an accurate picture of most limits, whereas the concept remains identical.

However, if your spatial reasoning is bad you need to have good symbolic/verbal reasoning to make up for it, because the geometric teaching aids that help most people will not work for you.

Ashkenazi Jews are known for having above average verbal intelligence but slightly below normal visual/spatial intelligence.

Just do a bunch of psychedelics. If you want to do infinite legos in your mind, take some mescaline.

t. Grinning Ashkenazi Jew man

Tell me more oh wise rabbi.

>>Hence why women and blacks can't into science, but Asians can.
this numale fails to see that being good at science is a cancer

White men have highest spatial IQ. Eat a dick everyone else

COOL BRUH YOU CAN FLIP SHAPES AND SHIT? WHY DON"T YOU FLIP YOUR FUCKING CHEERIOS UP YO ASS NIGGA.

Cool. Jews still rule the world with their superior verbal IQ.

That's it. If you REALLY want to work on spatial and visual improvement, do psychedelics.

I have a far easier time visualizing stuff in my head after 200+ trips.

It depends. My spatial intelligence is technically good but I have some kind of math impairment in non-spatial areas. Even advanced organic chemistry was a piece of cake to learn but it took me 3 tries to get through Calc 1. Geometry and Trig (aside from proofs) was easy, as were some parts of calculus.

Cool it with the anti-semitic remarks.

Too many retards ITT.

You only need great spatial intelligence for shit like X Geometry and Topology.

But with somewhat average to low average spatial intelligence you could still do math but not as the same level as the geometrists.

There's plenty of math fields that are not required to have spatial intelligence desu, so do some research about it and don't believe on the board that bullies the 90k starting /g/ CSfag AND believes in the "mathematical beauty" meme.

I guess I will just stay the fuck away from those fields. So, in order to fill my geometry gaps should I read geometry books that take a more analytic approach rather than a "spatial" approach?

Anymore spatially impaired people who can't flip shit in there heads or people of zion can help me?

>Career
>Mathematics