Steam Account Giveaway

>steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044134206/games/?tab=all

I know you may not believe the things I'm going to say, but I assure you they are all true. As of lately I've basically stopped playing video games. Not willingly. This was a process that took years of slowly declining interest. I guess I'm just growing up. I figure I might as well give away these games to someone else to enjoy them. The catch is you have to solve this problem. It is admittedly challenging, but I solved it in 10th grade after learning Calculus 2 and I've seen 2 other proofs by professors since.

>Rules
1) Provide your answer and a proof of your answer
2) If the thread dies before it is solved, no one gets the account

After you solve the problem and post your solution here you can contact me at
>skype: detectivejelly
>discord: MC_Urist#8661

A bear starts on the [math] y [/math] axis at [math] b [/math]. A man starts at the origin. At [math] t=0 [/math] the man runs right along the [math] x [/math] axis at a constant speed [math] S_m [/math]. The bear chases the man by always running directly towards the mans current location at constant speed [math] S_b [/math]. We are given [math] S_b > S_m [/math]. The bear will always catch the man eventually.

In terms of [math] S_b, S_m [/math] and [math] b [/math] what is the length of the bears path from its starting position to where it catches the man?

(Apologies for deleting the thread and reposting. I have moderate OCD).

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3143682
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There's a few more games in my inventory

Dude I have to go to bed but that's an interesting pb.

u sure this is even possible with only the position of the man given?
i mean cant u give more data like one of the speeds or smth?

Your formatting of it is annoying as fuck. i was forced to rewrite it just to read it.

Those [math] are beyond retarded.

if it's your account why you dont provide us with a screenshoot?

YOU FUCKIN RETARD PALM DESERT IS ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR STEAM USERS YOU FUCKIN FAGGOT STOP BAITING

If I prove I'm the owner of this account I may instantly get banned. You're right, as it stands I could of just screenshot some random persons steam.
You don't have to believe me.

Rewrite it for others better if you want

why would you get banned
palm desert is a jap guys stop being a fuckin cuck that wants his homework to be done for free

realy guys? you are falling for this? it's like saying i am bradd pitt but i cant show you pics you gotta believe me

Breeches ToS
This is lvl 6 MC Urist, not whoever palm desert is

This problem is stupid. Its a nonlinear ODE with well posed initial conditions. Pretty sure the solution is of constant derivative as well.

Just find where the bear's near trajectory crosses x.

Don't give anyone your games OP. This shit is too simple.

I have solved the question. Prove that you are the real mc urist, by starting team fortress 2 so that, the last played game section of steam displays tf2. This will indeed prove that you are not a scam.

I'm sorry, but I don't want to risk getting this account banned for breeching ToS. Supposedly as you're the one receiving it you'll understand.
Just post the final answer and your skype or something and then follow up with a proof if it turns out to be correct.

Banned from what? Steam? Steam doesn't have any such policy in its ToS.

Veeky Forums too doesn't have any such policies.

U r not providing a convincing logic for your shady behaviour and I'm starting to think that you indeed are scamming us for your homework

forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3143682
There was a quote somewhere that was from the ToS that said steam forbids transferring the account from person to person

Hacked your account via mitm attack. You have nothing to give now!

good
You earned it

I don't think I'll ever use it again.
I just figure it's better than deleting my games or letting it rot.
The problem is just so it isn't too easy to get it and you have to put in a little effort.

Not that guy, but there's nothing in ToS saying you're not allowed to play TF2.

Do you think Valve cyberpolice is monitoring Veeky Forums or something? If you're that paranoid, why are you making this thread in the first place? You're not going to be using your games anymore, so what do you have to lose?

Was trolling you user...so as to force you online. And yeah, you are still online. This increases a bit of trust in you.

>inb4 You played dumb willingly

>I have moderate OCD
No you don't. You're just a faggot.

>try to give away steam account and give a problem to make it interesting out of good will
>get shit on endlessly

GIFs like these are criminal, do you know why?

They cruelly give the perceptive taste of being in that enviroment, witnessing such 'natural' beauty and then you are forced unto the harsh reality that this is nought by the rendering of someones imagination and that such an event or place will never be visitable by you in the material.

This is why it is criminal, because it raises and dashes your hopes for aesthetic perfection within the same time frame is takes you to appreciate it.

Both.

For instance, the abstract artist may paint an abstract canvas that has no tangible meaning, but may have symbolic meaning.

Whereas a realist, may paint a canvas to capture the raw imagery of scene without the need for 'meaning'.

So I would say that is is entirely subjective and dependant upon the intent of the artist, as it cannot be argued that it is tied to ideology, philosophy or even artistic movement as a surrealist is as able to capture natural beauty , as a Pre-Raphaelite is.

8828066, why did you delete your question?

>try to ruse Veeky Forums into doing your baby-tier homework
>refuse endlessly to give any proof you aren't full of shit
>wonder why you get shit on

I'll restate it

My question was whether an artist paints a painting in an attempt to capture external beauty or because the painting in itself is beautiful.

I figured you had read the question which was enough for me. Sometimes its nice to appreciate opinions without thinking too deeply into them.

How would steam ever know? You're full of shit.

>baby-tier
If it was so easy someone would of solved it. Even if there was only a 33% change I was telling the truth, it would still be worth the effort.

Someone may of already reported this thread to them.
It is not unreasonable to assume they have ways of detecting the transfer of an account between persons.

Oh, fair enough.

Anyway, here was my answer:

But you haven't fucking transfered anything retard
they can't ban you for playing team fortress at the same time somebody online said you would play team fortress

in the time you've wasted on this thread you could have learned how to do this and practiced five of them

I solved this problem when I was in 10th grade. This is not a homework problem.
I have given it to multiple, multiple people before. Only 2 professors have managed to solve it.

You are speaking to a board composed almost entirely of physics and math majors.
Do you honestly think you're going to trick them into thinking your differential equations homework is some sort of arcane challenge problem?

Then for the love of god someone plug this thing into a differential equation calculator, write up a proof, and rid me of this steam account
Because if someone doesn't I'm just going to delete the games on it anyway

It looks like whoever is the owner of this account logged into TF2.
Looks like I can bank on this to further push my ~scam~

I'm not a lawyer. I don't know how much information steam needs before it can close down an account. But everyone is giving me a hard time when they don't know this either!

I don't care if it gets shut down at this point because obviously no one wants it. I just thought it'd be better off in someone else's hands.

I decided to give it a try, but I'm not expecting to get anywhere anytime soon—highest math I took was calc 1 before deciding to become a professional diver. I'm not amazing at writing proofs so even if I get it I won't post, but thanks for giving me something to refresh on. The speed that I forget how to utilize different tools in calculus without practice is a bit alarming; it's only been a few years and I'm struggling with this!

bumping because I'm trying to solve it

that isn't even a hard question

I don't use skype because it's literally malware and I don't use discord because it has nonfree javascript

1+1=2
proof?= all math books

nvm i didnt read everything

Could you post the solution if nobody provides one? :3

If you solve it you can choose the method of communication

Fantastic, better for everyone who isn't me
I don't care if you google it, get help or whatever

If no one solves it and everyone loses interest, I will post the solution and a full proof

Bump. Still working on it...

Done this before, I'm not interested im these games. Anyone willing to pay for the answer?

close to the solution

With those hours, you haven't even played games. And your list is lame. The problem is easy

The answer is [math]\frac{b}{1-\frac{S_m^2}{S_b^2}}[/math]. Since you "have already solved this before" you surely know how to arrive at this result.
Now that I've done your homework, send the account information to [email protected]

C=(b+( ∞ Σ i=0 (m+xSm:b-root(Sb^2-m+xSm:b-y)))*[pi]*((1+3λ^2):(10+root(4-3λ^2))):4

y=m+xSm:b-root(Sb^2-m+xSm:b-y

λ=(a-b):(a+b)

If it looks weird thats not my fault :3

So i tried my best its prob wrong but i dont care

oh and my e-mail is [email protected]

Well 1200+ hours isn't exactly little
I once had a second account and have spent a lot of time playing games independently of steam, like ToME and Dwarf Fortress

This is correct, however the answer, but not the solution, is written in the back of a Marten Gardner book. I'm sorry, but you'll have to provide a proof.

You are summing with respect to i, but I don't see any i's in the sum

You're the one who supposedly wants to get rid of his steam account. I'm not going to bother writing the proof in a legible fashion before you send me the login details.
In broad terms, the answer can be obtained by parametrizing the path by the y coordinate and obtaining the time from the arc length of the curve (as an integral). The resulting differential equation can be solved exactly with the correct ansatz.

This account is at least a few hundred dollars. As per the rules in the original post take the effort to write a proof if you want the account.

Someone just provided a proof on another website. Sorry, but the /thread/ is closed. They won it per the rules.

post the proof

2 more pictures incoming of what they sent me