What is that one book you can read forever?

>Mine: The Great Gatsby

The Bible

Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny

Raymond Chandlers detective novels about Philip Marlowe. I read them once a year.

What is the appeal of The Great Gatsy?

I read it as an entry-level lit book when I got back into reading and it was kind of shit.

Looking for Alaska

This.

Average quality bait, but it strikes a nerve for some reason. Congrats, you rustled me.

It's above average, but overrated. The prose has good moments, metaphors were well employed if obvious, and it captures the zeitgeist pretty well.

Plebs. Of course it's overrated—most of the famous parts of literature are—but it's better than better than average.

War and Peace

Stoner
House of Leaves
The Tunnel
Mason & Dixon

The king in yellow

The garden of forking paths.

Under the Volcano
King Lear
Kierkegaard

The picture of Dorian Grey and Letters to a Stoic (actually rereading that now)

only the man without qualities.

The Sun Also Rises

Moby Dick
The Recognitions
JR
Don Quixote
I read these at least once every year.

Tried reading this the other day and I dropped it after one of the first chapters (or whatever) was just an essayistic digression by the narrator. Apparently this is one of the characteristics of the novel. Is it worth reading in spite of that, or is that what draws you to it?

The Tintin series

Anything by Wittgenstein. Probably Philosophical Investigations even though I kinda prefer the Tractatus and think it has more aesthetic content.

St. Augustine and Dosteovsky are pretty cool too desu senpai.

Farmer Giles of Ham

Trainspotting

i had this same problem. fucking german writers, i swear.

Robert Cohn was the only non cuck in that story.

pronounce is gats-'by' or gats-'be'?

The Supernaturalists.

anything Vonnegut

Because Fitzgerald was a god tier prose artist who could set up the scene in the comfiest way imaginable. Seriously, some of the descriptions in that book are damn near orgasmic. He blends the senses to describe things, synesthetic.

Iron John

I remember liking the story telling bits this, but had trouble with the demonstrably false generalizations he makes throughout the book