His work will not be remembered. It's shallow...

His work will not be remembered. It's shallow, unimaginative and speaks only to a small window of commercial trends in the 80s.

He'll be remembered until some other popular slob takes his place.

Is he still hiding after running away when Trump won?

Be careful not to cut yourself.

>defending your man baby scary stories

Your salty ass will never accomplish anything near his dreck

Savage

I think his early career will be remembered and IT has some qualities of being quite literary but you're basically right.

Wrong. I feel like Stephen King will be viewed as our William Shakespeare just because there's SO many of his books laying around that if we lost all records of humanity, you'd most likely run across a King book digging through rubble. He's influenced basically every aspect of our culture. Books (both his own and other writers influenced by him), cinema, video games, tv...'Stephen King' is as almost much a style as it is the author at this point

The Long Walk is a great book, quite possibly his best. Also, IT has some merits, even if it's uneven. He's not a genius, a writer of importance or anything similar, but as long as comercial authors goes he's one of the best ones.

His work will be remembered because many filmmakers who will be remembered have adapted his work. I have Kubrick, De Palma, and Cronenberg in mind.

And yet you're ensuring he lives on a little longer by posting this thread

>Wrong. I feel like Stephen King will be viewed as our William Shakespeare

Yep, Shakespeare in his time was despised by elitists just like how we all on Veeky Forums hate king

This nigga is so smug

He won't be remembered.

Occasional reminder that Different Seasons is very good fiction.

"Leave thee alone for the comparison
Of all that insolent Greece or haughty Rome
Sent forth, or since did from their ashes come.
Tri'umph, my Britain, thou hast one to show
To whom all scenes of Europe homage owe.
He was not of an age but for all time! "
--- Ben Jonson

Call me when Gass, Vollman, Pynchon, Updike, Ashbery, et al. say something similar about King.

>if it's really popular, it's all totally not good...rite guise??
- the post

ok

I agree. Already it is losing its appeal with younger audiences. Nostalgia will keep his work alive but only so long as the 1980's are still an era that the reader may have lived through or been born soon after.

Stephen King is basically a modern pulp writer. He shovels out garbage like a machine and I think some people might still read his stuff in the years to come but it will be increasingly niche. In the end pretty much only a few cinematic adaptions will be remembered, like The Shining.

he'll be remembered for a big headed smug, garbage writer that everybody, especially his fans, secretly look at like some diluted pervert on his way out. look at his wicked base demeanor i could write better than that dongsmoker if i had 12 zillion